• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
The title says it all. I think it shouldn't be fine with the rules calling another player scum. In my opinion, it will be good if such people get a warning about their rudeness.
'scum is like calling you a noob' I personally would consider scum like a bigger insult. You can compare the two words below.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scum
(adj.) Possibly the worst word you can have your name associated with.

It is hard to define the word, but it is basically used to describe someone so disgraceful that they are seen as the lowest form of life. "Worthlessness", "waste of skin", "dirt". "Nothing". Far worse than most other insults, where the victim is often just referred to as genetalia.

The fact that "scum" is a non-swear, and seen as perfectly acceptable English, makes it even more demeaning and offensive. If you are condemned as a "c**t" or a "f**ktard", then you are simply being attacked with cliché profanity, used spontaneously and with no particular venom or thought. "Scum", however, is usually only used in exclusive conditions where it is the only word for the job, and makes the victim feel like the lowest of the low.
You are scum.
Absolute scum.
-a person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity, especially computing or the use of the Internet

C

Cuteee

So we should tolerate it just because it exists? Then why don't we delete all rules? Rule breakers exist and we should just accept it, isn't it? Gosh.
Do you hardly get harmed because someone call you scum? If you do, you're just way too sensitive, 'stupid' is a swearing word that isn't covered by the chat filter. And it's completely fine.

Reactions: Priley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
So we should tolerate it just because it exists? Then why don't we delete all rules? Rule breakers exist and we should just accept it, isn't it? Gosh.
I wouldn't report someone if they curse at me, only if diseases are included
And other rules like teaming and advertising are excluded in this discussion obviously

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
And if one would say:
'I have experienced through the course of this game that you seem to provoke a sense of your personality not having much utility to anything at all.'
It's kinda saying the same thing ;)

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Do you hardly get harmed because someone call you scum? If you do, you're just way too sensitive, 'stupid' is a swearing word that isn't covered by the chat filter. And it's completely fine.
Firstly, I do not know why some people think I wrote this suggestion just because someone used that word against me and offended me. So let me inform you about the real reason I wrote it => I'm not a fan of insults.
Secondly, the word 'stupid' has nothing to do with the word 'scum'.
Thirdly, 'stupid' is not a swear word.
('scum' is not a swear word)
I wouldn't report someone if they curse at me, only if diseases are included
That does not matter. The decision whether to report someone or not is yours.

D

Deleted member 100818

So, this is what the suggestion section has become. First the too small detail suggestions which are 100% worthless, and now suggestions to add some words to our "anti-swear" system because we are really offended by it. Most of the 11 year old idiots around the server are Dutch or Spanish, their English isn't even good enough to understand the meaning of the word, and if they did they most certainly wouldn't get offended by it.

So yeah, Imma pass this one

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Thanks for the suggestion. As the word "Scum" can never be used in jokey terms or nicely, we're currently testing out blockers for the word as we speak. Once we're 100% sure that the single word alone is blocked and no false positives appear, we'd make it start blocking. Then we will start looking into blocking any bypasses for the word.

As for the word "noob", yes it's used in mean comments but it's on a completely different level as "scum". You can use noob in a funny, jokey or explanation comment,m such as "I cannot play that game, I'm noob". But you will never say "I cannot play that game, I'm scum". My personal opinion is that scum is a hateful and inappropriate word, while noob can be used to hurt a person but it's almost harmless.

(If you see any players attempting to bypass "scum", feel free to report them).

Thanks, implemented and locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
Top Bottom