Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun

Make targeting punishable

Hi! I hope I’m not message farming, but recently I have come across a lot of targeting in every game and it really frustrates me. Let me tell you why this should be punishable:

Why should it be punishable?

Well importantly, targeting is frustrating/annoying to those being targeted. “What’s so significant? Targeters can’t find you if you go to another server!!!11!1!” ah yes. But in some cases, I have been followed server to server. This is extremely frustrating because of the fact that you are their main focus and for mostly no reason. Because of this, it can drive people away from game modes or maybe even discourage people from the server altogether because if they are being targeted, the victim may take that for the whole server and move to a different server. My suggestion is that you make it illegal entirely because by allowing it, you risk the frustration of players.

Criteria for targeting?

- Must show video evidence as a picture is not sufficient evidence
- Must show targeter ignoring other players in 2 or more instances
- Exception occurs in Blockwars CTF if the victim is holding a flag
- Exception occurs if you are fought normally and you are brought to low health(if you run it’s reasonable to give chase but if they continue following you after you die then it is not allowed)
- Exception occurs if first time they target you for having worse armour but if they do it again and follow you even after you die then it is not allowed

let me know in the replies if you want something else added!!

Until forwarded: 3/25

Percentage of agrees:10.7143%

you guys should check out my other thread too i would love to see your opinions on it

Last edited:

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
While I understand that being targetted can be frustrating to players I don't think it happens nearly enough for it to cause any major problems. Especially to the extent you describe it (being followed lobby to lobby) it rarely ever happens.

Besides it simply not being an issue for most people, it would also cause a lot of problems to make this a reportable offense.

For one, I feel as though this would be spammed so much it would prevent more important rule breakers from being punished, taking up a lot of time and resources which could be spent on banning hackers.

The line between targetting and strategy can also be vague; lets take eggwars as an example. Imagine being stuck in full leather on semi-mid, with someone in full iron on mid, in between two players' islands, one being full iron and one being full leather, you can't reasonably expect someone to not go for the full leather one. While this might seem like a somewhat rare occurance, it is entirely possible for this to happen, even twice in a game.

Another example of this could be FFA, if you were in a fight and got someone down to 1 heart, but then they started running, could you really reasonably be expected not to give chase? Ignoring everyone else would be fine in this case.

Unless you were to give specific, different requirements for each and every gamemode (which you can't do because that would be clunky and confusing for reporters and would cause even more inaccurate reports) your requirements are never going to make sense to all gamemodes.

Oh and this is only talking about Solo Gamemodes, when we start considering Team games we run into even more trouble, would it be bannable to target a specific person in a 2v1?

I get targetted quite a lot as well, so as I said before, I get how annoying it can be. However it simply being annoying to a few players doesn't always mean it should be bannable. So, in light of all the issues I have highlighted above, I'm going to have to give you Disagree. :c

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
While I understand that being targetted can be frustrating to players I don't think it happens nearly enough for it to cause any major problems. Especially to the extent you describe it (being followed lobby to lobby) it rarely ever happens.

Besides it simply not being an issue for most people, it would also cause a lot of problems to make this a reportable offense.

For one, I feel as though this would be spammed so much it would prevent more important rule breakers from being punished, taking up a lot of time and resources which could be spent on banning hackers.

The line between targetting and strategy can also be vague; lets take eggwars as an example. Imagine being stuck in full leather on semi-mid, with someone in full iron on mid, in between two players' islands, one being full iron and one being full leather, you can't reasonably expect someone to not go for the full leather one. While this might seem like a somewhat rare occurance, it is entirely possible for this to happen, even twice in a game.

Another example of this could be FFA, if you were in a fight and got someone down to 1 heart, but then they started running, could you really reasonably be expected not to give chase? Ignoring everyone else would be fine in this case.

Unless you were to give specific, different requirements for each and every gamemode (which you can't do because that would be clunky and confusing for reporters and would cause even more inaccurate reports) your requirements are never going to make sense to all gamemodes.

Oh and this is only talking about Solo Gamemodes, when we start considering Team games we run into even more trouble, would it be bannable to target a specific person in a 2v1?

I get targetted quite a lot as well, so as I said before, I get how annoying it can be. However it simply being annoying to a few players doesn't always mean it should be bannable. So, in light of all the issues I have highlighted above, I'm going to have to give you Disagree. :c
ah i understand why you disagree, it’s reasonable to target the lower health/weaker armour because its easier for you(say its like opening a walnut vs peeling a banana you would want to peel the banana instead because it’s easier(and bananas are tasty but thats beside the point))also when you mentioned ffa, i also agree with that because when you get someone to low health it’s practical to chase if they start running because you’ve done all that hitting for them to escape after that. however i have put criteria which i feel is insufficient after reading your reply. i will add some more criteria for this specific punishment, thank you for taking the time to leave a reply

- solarxysm

Lqgend.

Novice Member
Apr 5, 2020
Brazil
It’s true that targeting is frustrating but it shouldn’t and can’t be made punishable. This is because there are many times in games where targeting certain people is part of the strategy, such as the person trying to break your egg in eggwars. This is before even mentioning FFA, which would mean banning a high amount of players and would be near impossible to regulate. These are the reasons I believe targeting can’t and shouldn’t be made punishable.

SN3LLA

Jun 7, 2017
Sweden
Targeting is of course very annoying and frustrating When* it happens, which it rarely does. (For me, anyways.) As someone else also said in another reply, you could be "targeted" simply by having low health or something that makes it strategically good to eliminate you first.
So, I have to disagree with this one, sorry.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I see a majority of disagrees. Still, I think it should be punishable. And not because I often endure being targeted. I could barely make a case of being ever targeted. However, its kinda a grey area as said by @Goldy .

I would like to resuggest this rule. Make it fall under bullying. It will be hard to report though. But if the same user is targeted several times with clear evidence by the same user I think it should be an offense.
Especially with those ongoing clanwars I have little knowledge about.

Though, keeping in mind the current feedback I don’t think it will be forwarded.

Reactions: solarxysm

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
It’s true that targeting is frustrating but it shouldn’t and can’t be made punishable. This is because there are many times in games where targeting certain people is part of the strategy, such as the person trying to break your egg in eggwars. This is before even mentioning FFA, which would mean banning a high amount of players and would be near impossible to regulate. These are the reasons I believe targeting can’t and shouldn’t be made punishable.
i see your point, banning a high amount of players would be hard on the staff team and wouldnt be very practical either and as one reply stated, it’s a grey area for punishments as the line between strategy and targeting is remarkably thin. even if it was implemented, it still wouldnt be practical as there would be a lot of false reports due to the vagueness of the criteria
Targeting is of course very annoying and frustrating When* it happens, which it rarely does. (For me, anyways.) As someone else also said in another reply, you could be "targeted" simply by having low health or something that makes it strategically good to eliminate you first.
So, I have to disagree with this one, sorry.
i’ve already mentioned in criteria that it would be practical to chase somebody with low health therefore targeting does not really apply there. also as i mentioned about someone’s reply, it’s kind of hard to describe strategy vs targeting

xJupaa

Novice Member
Dec 25, 2021
earth
Pronouns
He/Him

Hi! I hope I’m not message farming, but recently I have come across a lot of targeting in every game and it really frustrates me. Let me tell you why this should be punishable:

Well importantly, targeting is frustrating/annoying to those being targeted. “What’s so significant? Targeters can’t find you if you go to another server!!!11!1!” ah yes. But in some cases, I have been followed server to server. This is extremely frustrating because of the fact that you are their main focus and for mostly no reason. Because of this, it can drive people away from game modes or maybe even discourage people from the server altogether because if they are being targeted, the victim may take that for the whole server and move to a different server. My suggestion is that you make it illegal entirely because by allowing it, you risk the frustration of players.

Criteria for targeting?

- Exception occurs if you are fought normally and you are brought to low health(if you run it’s reasonable to give chase but if they continue following you after you die then it is not allowed)
- Exception occurs if first time they target you for having worse armour but if they do it again and follow you even after you die then it is not allowed

Until forwarded: 2/25

Percentage of agrees: 11.11111%

you guys should check out my other thread too i would love to see your opinions on it

but sometimes its not stoopid to targed if u have 2 side rushes and one has eggwars rank so id rather go for the sweat because if id rush the non the sweat would 100% go for my egg its smart to kill good ppl first

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
but sometimes its not stoopid to targed if u have 2 side rushes and one has eggwars rank so id rather go for the sweat because if id rush the non the sweat would 100% go for my egg its smart to kill good ppl first
i know someone mentioned that it would be fine if strategically used but then again its very vague

Reactions: xJupaa

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

Criteria for targeting?

Until forwarded: 2/25

Percentage of agrees: 10%

I agree but 80% of FFA players should be banned then. (I never target players bc I know it's EXTREMELY annoying) so :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: Silco

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
I agree but 80% of FFA players should be banned then. (I never target players bc I know it's EXTREMELY annoying) so :unsure:
theres so many targeters in ffa omg but i didnt say they should be banned just punished

what if targeters could be like blacklisted from games that currently include the person they targeted(if its not too difficult to do..?)

Reactions: Herbubulle

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
however I have put criteria which i feel is insufficient after reading your reply. I will add some more criteria for this specific punishment.

While some of these requirements would make it more fair, I feel as though they're still insufficient in making it fair for everyone in every situation, the examples I gave are only a few, there's countless more examples of situations in which targetting is strategic or otherwise justified. In order to adress all of them the exceptions and specific requirements would get so messy that it would simply be impractical to report for it, and hard to determine whether or not something does or doesn't qualify as punishable. Again, the line between targetting and strategy is so incredibly thin it's nearly impossible to make a good rule for it. And even if there was one, it would be hard to enforce.

what if targeters could be like blacklisted from games that currently include the person they targeted

I've never heard of this before, and while it's an intriguing idea, I feel as though it would be impractical. Firstly I don't think it would be easy to implement. And even if it was there's some problems with it.

Depending on what and when you're playing there can be only one lobby available for a game, if you get punished like this then you'd essentially be excluded from the entire gamemode (especially problematic if you have several punishments), even looking past all of the unfair punishments this rule could bring, I feel like this would be a fairly severe punishment for an, although annoying, relatively minor infraction.

I would like to resuggest this rule. Make it fall under bullying. It will be hard to report though. But if the same user is targeted several times with clear evidence by the same user I think it should be an offense.

This is something I can get behind, if the targetting gets to the point of being this severe then it should be punishable. However I feel as though a Safety Report would make more sense to do this through, although that could just be me, there's ups and downs to both ideas I suppose.

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
Depending on what and when you're playing there can be only one lobby available for a game, if you get punished like this then you'd essentially be excluded from the entire gamemode (especially problematic if you have several punishments), even looking past all of the unfair punishments this rule could bring, I feel like this would be a fairly severe punishment for an, although annoying, relatively minor infraction
what i meant was exclude the targeter from a lobby that contains the person who was targeted, not the whole minigame itself

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom