Should this be Implemented?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I am a PC player and still find it a bit of a tedious process, I can sort of imagine how frustrating it can be for someone playing in a Mobile device, or worse, a Console. Alike what was expressed in THIS thread and was mostly disregarded.

My suggestion is simple, make /reports take 1 click instead of 2, so when you select the "report reason" the report gets submitted automatically. This eliminates 1 step out of the three steps needed to submit a report.

The current process is as follows:
  1. You type /report + the player's name
  2. The report interface opens up, you select the reason for reporting
  3. You can then select additional reasons for reporting, or click "Submit Report". This third step is the one that bothers me, it feels unnecessary.

I assume that the two main reasons to have a confirmation button to submit the report are the following:
  • Allowing players to report for more than 1 reason, giving Moderators a more specific description of what they should be looking for.
  • Preventing players from choosing their report reason incorrectly because of a missclick.
Why do I think neither of these two reasons are worth the hassle? Because Moderators, at least from what I remember from my experience, don't (or at least shouldn't) solely focus on figuring out if a player is cheating for the SPECIFIC reason that the player was reported for. Moderators look at the player's complete behavior prior to making a decision! Mods are trained sufficiently well to be able to identify cheats without being told where to look at. Thus having this unnecessary final step to submit a report is a luxury that we can well live without, and I am sure would make a small difference for the QoL situation for console and mobile players, who already struggle with Minecraft's not so friendly interface.

ToonBer

Moderator 🍰
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 13, 2021
The country of beer and chocolate
Simply because skin/name(java) and teaming(java) are completely different types. And there is certainly no consideration for a SPECIFIC reason when handling cheating reports ingame. In addition, this is to further expand/improve sentinel in various categories.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Simply because skin/name(java) and teaming(java) are completely different types. And there is certainly no consideration for a SPECIFIC reason when handling cheating reports ingame. In addition, this is to further expand/improve sentinel in various categories.
I am sorry I'm having trouble trying to understand your reply, this is a suggestion for Bedrock.

If what you mean is that you'd like to be able to report for an inappropriate name and cheats at once, then sure... that's certainly a comfortable thing, but wouldn't the Moderator notice the inappropriate skin/name whilst reviewing the cheating report anyway? And by that logic we're incrementing the length of each report process by 1 step EVERY TIME, to account for a situation that is very very rare, and can just be solved by submitting a second report with a second reason.

And there is certainly no consideration for a SPECIFIC reason when handling cheating reports ingame.
Yeah exactly, so why would players need to select two types of cheats at once?

In addition, this is to further expand/improve sentinel in various categories.
If that is true then that is definitely a valid reason to keep the current system, but the server has no Anticheat developers? I'm not sure what a bunch of historical data is gonna do for future anticheat developers if cheat clients literally get updated on a daily basis?

Edit: Didn't know Redned did some anticheat development, the man can do it all!

ToonBer

Moderator 🍰
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 13, 2021
The country of beer and chocolate
If that is true then that is definitely a valid reason to keep the current system, but the server has no Anticheat developers? I'm not sure what a bunch of historical data is gonna do for future anticheat developers if cheat clients literally get updated on a daily basis?
Redned mainly is :monkeylookaway:

Reactions: Eli

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I wish on Java they'de add back the ability to report someone through just a command. It's way faster and when you are in a game you don't have time to spare, when you see someone flying you should be able to
/report username fly
and be able to tab the username. Don't get why they changed it on Java to the chest UI

• Agree
Reactions: Eli
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.