Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
  • Hello everyone, since the staff team had an overhaul recently we were told the rules are going to see some change. So I believe this is the most pertinent moment to bring this issue to the Staff's attention. Some players are abusing the way bypass punishments are enforced, and a tweak in the rules/punishment system needs to be done to avoid this.

There's three possible situations in which you may "Abuse" or get away with the bypass of a ban,

Situation #1
  1. I hack on account #1, get banned (by staff) and punishment expires.
  2. I hack on account #2, same IP, get banned (by staff) and punishment expires.
  3. I hack again on account #1 and get perm banned (by staff) This means I had the opportunity to hack three times until getting perm banned on one of my accounts, (which if I tried to bypass would end up in both accounts being banned) And the illegal clients punishment track only allows hacking twice, hence I've outsmarted the rules.
Situation #2
  1. I hack on acount #1, get banned (by staff) and the punishment is undone because I'm innocent.
  2. Regardless of having been innocent, I attempted to bypass my ban with another account.
  3. I've been acquitted of any infraction since my ban was wrong to begin with, regardless I did break the rules bypassing such a ban. But I didn't receive any punishment for that.
Situation #3
It's up to the moderator's decision wether they extend a punishment for bypassing or not:
MQTW07M.png

This makes no sense and is completely unfair, everyone should be governed under the same rules and consequences.

Now what are the solutions I propose?
  • Firstly, punishments should stack on IP addresses rather than on individual accounts. This would mean that if I have been banned on an old account some time ago (by staff), and decide to join in a new one I already have that one hacking infraction in my history. And if I hack a second time, even if it's not the same account, I will be banned permanently. I know that this would probably harm players who live with siblings for example, and they see themselves affected by their sibling's past actions. But: They shouldn't be hacking in the first place. And second, people are already affected by IP bans regardless of them specifically not being guilty, so it's not really that valid of a reason, if it's already an ongoing (and I would say necessary) issue.
  • Together with this, something that may seem very exceptional but it's not quite, since I've presenced a case of someone who blatantly bypassed a ban three times and got away with it because the punishment was fake to begin with. So for this case I'd suggest adding a section to the rules about bypassing, that completely forbids it regardless of your ban being correct or not. Hence, it should be considered an infraction separate to the one being bypassed.
  • Have a more strict policy against the bypassing of bans, and extend the punishment (until it gets to its maximum) every time a player bypasses. Don't wait for the second of third bypass, that makes no sense at all. Do not let these punishment enforcement under a Moderator's decision, please standarize it.
Thanks for reading! Any feedback is appreciated!

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
About ip bans affecting siblings, I've known a case and it was fixed quickly in a few days so this isn't a significant issue.

It is annoying but it can prevent people from breaking the rules again in the future as it wouldn't affect only that person but other people that person wouldn't like to be affected.

Reactions: Eli

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I’ve seen this same suggestion countless times over the years. IP bans will basically ban anyone in your household from playing on the server, including brothers/sisters.

Also I am pretty sure mods and higher can check IP addresses, so if someone is hacking on an alt using the same IP they can just slap a perm ban on them. It just ends up being a rinse and repeat cycle, because the people who are hacking can get endless accounts off of websites, sellers, etc.

Also... if your ban is incorrect, just appeal. Obviously you shouldn’t bypass if you’re banned/muted, but once you prove your innocence you can do whatever you want within the rules.

(IDK if they can do this but a hardware ban would be better than an IP, but it still presents the issue of siblings sharing a computer.)

Basically, IP bans for hacking are not going to happen. Too much punishment for others that play under the same IP address who had no control over the situation. However, I do agree if you bypass the ban should be increased on both accounts (no clue if this already happens).

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I’ve seen this same suggestion countless times over the years. IP bans will basically ban anyone in your household from playing on the server, including brothers/sisters.

Also I am pretty sure mods and higher can check IP addresses, so if someone is hacking on an alt using the same IP they can just slap a perm ban on them. It just ends up being a rinse and repeat cycle, because the people who are hacking can get endless accounts off of websites, sellers, etc.

Also... if your ban is incorrect, just appeal. Obviously you shouldn’t bypass if you’re banned/muted, but once you prove your innocence you can do whatever you want within the rules.

(IDK if they can do this but a hardware ban would be better than an IP, but it still presents the issue of siblings sharing a computer.)

Basically, IP bans for hacking are not going to happen. Too much punishment for others that play under the same IP address who had no control over the situation. However, I do agree if you bypass the ban should be increased on both accounts (no clue if this already happens).
Well IP bans are already a thing... I wasn't suggesting the addition of this punishment since it already exists. The whole thread is fundamented under the fact that CubeCraft already uses these kind of punishments.

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
In my opinion, regardless of how they change the rules of bypassing as a whole, players will still be able to find ways around out. Such as, using either a VPN or changing your Ip Address, which isn't hard to obtain. While also on the subject of finding ways around it, it isn't hard to get alts either. So ultimately, what good would arise from changing the rules affecting players that clearly will still probably end up bypassing?

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
I don’t think Microsoft allow IP bans on Bedrock, so Bedrock is out of the question. Like said, people do find ways around IP bans.
IP bans ban every device connected to the same WiFi network, which would be fair for other device handlers, and it would lower the player count.
I know it can be frustrating when people get banned and then just create a new account, but that’s really Microsoft/Mojang’s problem. They should have better ways of avoiding people making so many accounts over Andy over again after being banned.
Anyways, thanks for the suggestion, hopefully there will be more affective banning systems some time. :)

D

Deleted member 469419

To be honest, I like the idea.

Though I've never seen a premium server with this implemented, and I'm sure that If cubecraft don't add it (in all this time) is because he has reasons.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom