Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 59979

upload_2019-10-27_14-49-34.png

So this is a thing on the offical Cube discord, and honestly it's one of, if not the most stupid rule I've ever seen. This was the reasoning I was given:
upload_2019-10-27_14-51-14.png

I don't see how it's harder to moderate links posted in language channels than #media. Staff should be looking at all channels anyway, and if anything this rule makes it harder as if someone was to use #media to share a link related to a conversation in #english for example, then the staff member has to change back and forth just to check a link that's probably completely fine.

Pros of this rule (as it currently is):
- I can't think of any?
Cons of this rule:
- Members have to constantly change back and forth when talking about something and sending images/pictures
- Staff have to change back and forth to check any links sent there
- It's easier for content to be pushed back in #media as people who were having a convo in a language channel can often start having their conversation in #media to more easily share media, and anyone else posting content in there can way more easily not be seen.

Summary:
- This rule is dumb, change it. It literally does nothing but make it more of a hassle for members to chat and staff to moderate.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
I don't see how it's harder to moderate links posted in language channels than #media.
It is harder, because people usually chat in language channels, which makes these chats move pretty fast. If inappropriate media is being posted, this is not a thing we can just see instantly, because unlike typical swearing messages, media requires us to open links in order to see the contents of it. This rule simply keeps our Discord server a lot more organized and as I said on those screenshots, allows our moderation team to keep an eye on the content that is being posted on the Discord server a lot easier. But of course, this is just my personal opinion about the matter.

Reactions: Eli
D

Deleted member 59979

It is harder, because people usually chat in language channels, which makes these chats move pretty fast. If inappropriate media is being posted, this is not a thing we can just see instantly, because unlike typical swearing messages, media requires us to open links in order to see the contents of it. This rule simply makes our Discord server a lot more organized and as I said on those screenshots, allows our moderation team to keep an eye on the content that is being posted on the Discord server a lot easier. But of course, this is just my personal opinion about the matter.
Chat doesn't move so fast that you cant read a link lmao. It's way more hassle having to change channel, and then catch up on everything that's said in the other channel, than just reading the link as it is posted in chat. Your time spent reading the link is the same in both situations, but as it stands you have to spend extra time changing channel and changing back.

Reactions: Shamel

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
View attachment 156780

So this is a thing on the offical Cube discord, and honestly it's one of, if not the most stupid rule I've ever seen. This was the reasoning I was given:
View attachment 156781

I don't see how it's harder to moderate links posted in language channels than #media. Staff should be looking at all channels anyway, and if anything this rule makes it harder as if someone was to use #media to share a link related to a conversation in #english for example, then the staff member has to change back and forth just to check a link that's probably completely fine.

Pros of this rule (as it currently is):
- I can't think of any?
Cons of this rule:
- Members have to constantly change back and forth when talking about something and sending images/pictures
- Staff have to change back and forth to check any links sent there
- It's easier for content to be pushed back in #media as people who were having a convo in a language channel can often start having their conversation in #media to more easily share media, and anyone else posting content in there can way more easily not be seen.

Summary:
- This rule is dumb, change it. It literally does nothing but make it more of a hassle for members to chat and staff to moderate.
I think that even allowing the sharing of links, videos, and pictures is risky enough. It should be able to be controlled immediately and effectively if in any case someone sends something that isn’t allowed. Although it is true that it’s annoying to have to switch channels, it’s not like helpers and moderators have seven eyes to be able to keep up with so many channels.

D

Deleted member 59979

Bumping this again as its important.
@Quetzi @Camezonda You guys are the most active management, and ultimately its down to management to decide the rules. Give me some feedback in some way or another.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I've really enjoyed this video, take a look, it is really interesting :D
UncleSpect wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
The Lord 🤍
Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
Top Bottom