Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

💀 Camgames 🎃

Aug 18, 2021
Hello!
For some helpers, 90% of them I have never seen chatting on the forums or Discord. This might be a big problem when trying to helper the community. When putting in an application, the requirement should be 100+ forum messages, or at least be well know in the community. Half of the helpers I have never seen post/talked to, and I am on the forums like every day.

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
I don’t know of any inactive forums helpers, could you specify a few? Most of them I already know, and some of the wannabes with no messages don’t make it anyway. AFAIK there’s also some sort of rule about 3 months of forums activity or smth.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Helper is not a popularity contest.

I could list probably about 10 moderators from the past year who had next to no forum activity before and during their Helper trial and went on to be fantastic staples of the team regardless of this.

If you could cite an example of where this is an issue because I haven't seen it being an issue once so far?

💀 Camgames 🎃

Aug 18, 2021
Helper is not a popularity contest.

I could list probably about 10 moderators from the past year who had next to no forum activity before and during their Helper trial and went on to be fantastic staples of the team regardless of this.

If you could cite an example of where this is an issue because I haven't seen it being an issue once so far?
Wouldn't it make sense for helpers to be engaged with the community to able to learn how to help other people?

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Wouldn't it make sense for helpers to be engaged with the community to able to learn how to help other people?
As I said they are doing really well which shows they don't necessarily need to have lots.

Being that they meet the minimum requirements- that still shows that they are interacting enough to know how Discord and the Forums work and interact with the community to some degree.

💀 Camgames 🎃

Aug 18, 2021
I don’t know of any inactive forums helpers, could you specify a few? Most of them I already know, and some of the wannabes with no messages don’t make it anyway. AFAIK there’s also some sort of rule about 3 months of forums activity or smth.
Ik its not helper, but this is interesting....
1664673874998.png

TC XD

Jan 18, 2022
New York
Pronouns
He/Him
As I said they are doing really well which shows they don't necessarily need to have lots.

Being that they meet the minimum requirements- that still shows that they are interacting enough to know how Discord and the Forums work and interact with the community to some degree.
My opinion is with the admin

QzXy1

May 15, 2021
United States
Hello!
For some helpers, 90% of them I have never seen chatting on the forums or Discord. This might be a big problem when trying to helper the community. When putting in an application, the requirement should be 100+ forum messages, or at least be well know in the community. Half of the helpers I have never seen post/talked to, and I am on the forums like every day.
You don't need to be known in the community to do your job right. It shouldn't matter whether or not the so-called "90%" of helpers are chatting or not; the whole point of their role is to help. Its their choice whether or not they want to chat all day on the forums or on discord. Also, while this thread is still new, I'd like to know who those 90% of helpers are. Nothing personal, just putting my viewpoint out there.

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
You don't need to be known in the community to do your job right. It shouldn't matter whether or not the so-called "90%" of helpers are chatting or not; the whole point of their role is to help. Its their choice whether or not they want to chat all day on the forums or on discord. Also, while this thread is still new, I'd like to know who those 90% of helpers are. Nothing personal, just putting my viewpoint out there.
The first point is true, but I agree with Camgames. Some of the staff members aren’t seen online much and are pretty unknown to the community. I feel like if they were forced to be more known beforehand then more ppl would like them and they’d find it easier perhaps. Being known and knowing people, while not essential, does help with their job. Just my opinion ofc

IDKhan

Jul 14, 2021
Scotland
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Ik its not helper, but this is interesting....
View attachment 215500
cant really use a qa for this example
they are not meant to be involved with the community
that isnt part of their job like helper/mod/admin

but anyway i dont agree with you really, like yea when i look at the staff list
i cant say i recognise more than about 6 staff members
but that doesnt mean the others dont do their job right and has to have applications more strict

Last edited:

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net

Previously I would have said yes. Being an active forum member wouldve been a necessary requirement. However, on Bedrock, where talkativity is limited and the Forums taking a smaller part of the cake, I don’t see why Forum activity should be a necessary aspect anymore. Enough reports and decent behaviour will do the trick.

QA is really just a behind the scenes role, which doesn’t require high activity within the community (/forums), apart from reporting and handling bugs etc.

nguesman33

Feb 22, 2022
Hello!
i think some people just forget but they shouldn't I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Top Bottom