• I definitely do!

• I don't.

Results are only viewable after voting.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Battle Zone is almost officially dead and I just can't see it anymore. So I started thinking. How can we make this game playable again?

The problem:
People are tired of waiting. I mostly start conversations with them so that they stay a little longer, but that doesn't really help. Players join the lobby, they look if there are players in the lobby, and if it takes more than 1-2 minutes for the game to fill, they simply just leave. I have thought about possible solutions, so here they are!

My possible solutions:
  • Add easter eggs: I think it would be great if there were some easter eggs in the waiting lobbies. I have also thought of places where the easter eggs could possibly be made.
    When you finish the parkour that starts at the red barn, you get here. Here could be a hint to find the next easter egg and here could be a sign which says "Good job, you've found easter egg #1!". (Coordinates: -1973, 48, 38)
    2018-09-10_16.49.18.png
If you complete the second parkour, you end here: (Coordinates: -1980, 77, 160)
Here could be a hint that leads to the next easter egg and a sign that says "Good job, you've found easter egg #2!".
2018-09-10_16.55.42.png

Look at that, a great tower you can't climb...? On top of it, there could be an easter egg! The builders should place ladders so that we can climb it. Wouldn't it be nice to have an easter egg over there? (Coordinates: Unknown)
2018-09-10_16.58.28.png

Here we have some fields with wheat and carrots. Maybe the builders could create a secret underground base with hidden signs, like in the SkyWars lobby! (Coordinates: -1960, 39, 111)
2018-09-10_17.05.13.png

Here is a huge tree. I think it's a nice idea to place some ladders so that you can get up, and perhaps there could be a treehouse with signs and furniture up there? (Coordinates: -1919, 39, 25)
2018-09-10_17.08.24.png
If you have other ideas, don't hesitate to post them!

Add guns to the waiting lobby! This makes the waiting lobby more active, and it's just fun to fight against other players without losing hitpoints! This is a list of things we can do, or can't do:
We can:
-Chop trees. (Trees won't be destroyed: That means that you can get unlimited wood of it!)
-Fight against other players.
-Pick up guns.
-Pick up ammo.
-Place buildings. (So we can place ramps, walls, etc.)
-Use any weapon you'd like to fight with.
-Ride animals while shooting :D
We can't:
-Hurt other players.
-Destroy any buildings (For example the barns, the parkour, etc), trees any other sources that provide us of building materials.
-Use traps and throwable grenades, because they simply don't deal damage so they become useless in the waiting lobby.
-Harm the animals in the waiting lobby.
-Use potions that provide us of hp, because you can't deal any damage in the waiting lobbies.

Why?
As I said, many players just join the lobby, they look if there are players around, they wait 1-2 minutes and then they become tired of waiting so then they leave. By adding easter eggs and guns, players can increase their shooting- and building skills, they can seek easter eggs and secrets in the lobby, they discover more things, and most important: We elongate the time they are in the waiting lobby. If more players are having fun in the waiting lobby, it's just a matter of time until more and more players join, and that makes games start!

Do you agree with me? Thanks for reading and have a great day,
~RemiTheSheep
Before I created this thread I spent 2 hours waiting until one single game started. This is ridiculous :c

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Neat suggestion. The only thing that disturbs me is the fact that people can build in the waiting lobby. I know ForkKnife does this, but that's a whole other community and they get destroyed again very quickly, I don't really want to see this in the waiting lobby though. Other than that, I really think it's a cool concept to have non-damaging guns to play around and practise your aim and how every gun in general works (for new players)

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
Neat suggestion. The only thing that disturbs me is the fact that people can build in the waiting lobby. I know ForkKnife does this, but that's a whole other community and they get destroyed again very quickly, I don't really want to see this in the waiting lobby though. Other than that, I really think it's a cool concept to have non-damaging guns to play around and practise your aim and how every gun in general works (for new players)
I fully agree with you , having guns in the waiting lobby is for sure a very neat idea. It is fun to play with them and people are able to practise their skills. Via this way they can also discover how to work with a gun or what kinda gun is the best to play with. Being able to build in the lobbies is still a big NO for me , The map will look very messy and it would just ruin the waiting lobby a bit. Keep on suggesting some cool stuff!

Reactions: remio

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I like the ideas, but I don't see them making the game start more than they do already. It's not going to draw people towards battlezone, which seems to be the biggest problem we're facing.
I support adding easter eggs & lobby guns (no structure building though for reasons listed above), but not for the reason you mentioned in the thread. It's just a fun addition.

KellyBoo

Sep 2, 2015
Ibiza, Spain
Battle Zone is almost officially dead and I just can't see it anymore. So I started thinking. How can we make this game playable again?

The problem:
People are tired of waiting. I mostly start conversations with them so that they stay a little longer, but that doesn't really help. Players join the lobby, they look if there are players in the lobby, and if it takes more than 1-2 minutes for the game to fill, they simply just leave. I have thought about possible solutions, so here they are!

My possible solutions:
  • Add easter eggs: I think it would be great if there were some easter eggs in the waiting lobbies. I have also thought of places where the easter eggs could possibly be made.
    When you finish the parkour that starts at the red barn, you get here. Here could be a hint to find the next easter egg and here could be a sign which says "Good job, you've found easter egg #1!". (Coordinates: -1973, 48, 38)View attachment 148502
If you complete the second parkour, you end here: (Coordinates: -1980, 77, 160)
Here could be a hint that leads to the next easter egg and a sign that says "Good job, you've found easter egg #2!".
View attachment 148503

Look at that, a great tower you can't climb...? On top of it, there could be an easter egg! The builders should place ladders so that we can climb it. Wouldn't it be nice to have an easter egg over there? (Coordinates: Unknown)
View attachment 148504

Here we have some fields with wheat and carrots. Maybe the builders could create a secret underground base with hidden signs, like in the SkyWars lobby! (Coordinates: -1960, 39, 111)
View attachment 148505

Here is a huge tree. I think it's a nice idea to place some ladders so that you can get up, and perhaps there could be a treehouse with signs and furniture up there? (Coordinates: -1919, 39, 25)
View attachment 148506
If you have other ideas, don't hesitate to post them!

Add guns to the waiting lobby! This makes the waiting lobby more active, and it's just fun to fight against other players without losing hitpoints! This is a list of things we can do, or can't do:
We can:
-Chop trees. (Trees won't be destroyed: That means that you can get unlimited wood of it!)
-Fight against other players.
-Pick up guns.
-Pick up ammo.
-Place buildings. (So we can place ramps, walls, etc.)
-Use any weapon you'd like to fight with.
-Ride animals while shooting :D
We can't:
-Hurt other players.
-Destroy any buildings (For example the barns, the parkour, etc), trees any other sources that provide us of building materials.
-Use traps and throwable grenades, because they simply don't deal damage so they become useless in the waiting lobby.
-Harm the animals in the waiting lobby.
-Use potions that provide us of hp, because you can't deal any damage in the waiting lobbies.

Why?
As I said, many players just join the lobby, they look if there are players around, they wait 1-2 minutes and then they become tired of waiting so then they leave. By adding easter eggs and guns, players can increase their shooting- and building skills, they can seek easter eggs and secrets in the lobby, they discover more things, and most important: We elongate the time they are in the waiting lobby. If more players are having fun in the waiting lobby, it's just a matter of time until more and more players join, and that makes games start!

Do you agree with me? Thanks for reading and have a great day,
~RemiTheSheep
Before I created this thread I spent 2 hours waiting until one single game started. This is ridiculous :c
I like the ideas. :)

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Like @Priley said, I doubt whether this will change something on the long term.
When people log in, they generally want to play a game, and waiting in the lobby is then a waste of time, no matter how boring or funny the lobby is.

Or it could be that there aren't much people that generally enjoy the game. A nice lobby wouldn't change much at all then.

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
This doesn't make the time shorter, if you look at it. But, if you're doing something while waiting, like parkour or searching easter eggs like Remi showed, the time goes faster and makes waiting actually a little more fun. Instead of waiting and watching the seconds count down, you could play a little game in the Battle Zone lobby.

D

Deleted member 352903

This doesn't make the time shorter, if you look at it. But, if you're doing something while waiting, like parkour or searching easter eggs like Remi showed, the time goes faster and makes waiting actually a little more fun. Instead of waiting and watching the seconds count down, you could play a little game in the Battle Zone lobby.
Maybe add more things? :D
- More parkours
- A PvP area
- A freebuild area
- Being able to use gadgets
- Miniatures, trails, etc. Loot items
- /fly for emerald+
- Horses
- Flying pigs
- Speed/jump boosts (would be fun to have a Speed boost V)
- Whales

Reactions: Fliqa and remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Maybe add more things? :D
- More parkours
- A PvP area
- A freebuild area
- Being able to use gadgets
- Miniatures, trails, etc. Loot items
- /fly for emerald+
- Horses
- Flying pigs
- Speed/jump boosts (would be fun to have a Speed boost V)
- Whales
The only things I don't agree with are the speed/jump boost potions and /fly for emerald. Nice ideas though!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

WorriedSkate940 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #53-
Iron golems can kill villagers.
Mintypie231 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!!🥳🎂
UncleSpect wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Eli wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Top Bottom