Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CampersDontWin

Aug 25, 2016
Belgium
Dear Cubecraft!

I report all rulebreakers to make cubecraft a better place. But not everyone does ):
I asked 10 friends : do you report hackers? 2 said : yes! 8 said : no, its boring, i dont take so many time to just get a player banned! Well, they are wrong!
But i found out something so more players will report hackers : a report leaderboard! Some people want to be on a leaderboard, but they are not very good at games and stuff like that. So they will be like, wow, now i have a chance to come on a leaderboard! 0_0 Lets start finding rulebreakers and report them! This should stop more hackers! Some people will be like.. Pfff.. Why do i want to be on a leaderboard... But other people are like... OW! I finaly have a chance to get popular on cubecraft! Its time to report! I should place this leaderboard somewhere in the main lobby! I would like this to be added.
Thanks! Sorry if its a bad idea! xD

lilHatch

Novice Member
Dec 24, 2016
United States
I kind of like the idea, it could get players noticed and seems like an interesting idea. It would be fun to see what happens-if more players get banned, or just a bunch of useless reports have to get sorted through without enough evidence.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
One of my main issues with this other than the increase of false/insufficient reports, you will have the rule-breakers avoid the players on the leaderboard just like how they avoid staff (That is if they're smart).
Just to make this clear I do disagree with this.

Jollier123

Jul 9, 2017
I disagree with this to it would make reporting a more competitive community which would raise have people reporting more but it would raise the amount of false reports to

Svenyboy17

Jul 16, 2017
Netherlands
www.twitch.tv
@CampersDontWin

I think the idea on its self is not that bad, but not in the current shape that is suggested. I don't think a competitive leaderboard is what people need for reporting, because the nature of reporting is sad... :(..

I think giving players recognition with in-game items could be a good alternative. When players successful submits reports and they are handled, it could earn them certain exclusive rewards, hats, trails etc. and they could increase in rarity the higher the numbers of succeeded reports. I see that working in other games as well where people get xp/cosmetics for helping out the community by blocking out evildoers and/or cheaters/hackers.

Doing false reports of-course could lead in revoking access to certain items (perhaps?)

Let me know what you've think.

Reactions: Power Ranger

Fristey

Jan 20, 2017
My Head
Sorry, but it sounds pretty pointless to me.
This could also increase the amount of reports that end up having insufficient evidence, which would be a waste of time to the staff members doing the reports.
This is really true, it isn't really necessary to add this, you're just helping the CubeCraft to make it a better place for everyone.

YaDasLenny

Dedicated Member
Jul 12, 2016
Belgium
Reporting is not about the "most" reports, it's about creating a server without rule-breakers. And like @Fariss said it's also about creating a better place for everyone. So -1 from me

Last edited:

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Dear Cubecraft!

I report all rulebreakers to make cubecraft a better place. But not everyone does ):
I asked 10 friends : do you report hackers? 2 said : yes! 8 said : no, its boring, i dont take so many time to just get a player banned! Well, they are wrong!
But i found out something so more players will report hackers : a report leaderboard! Some people want to be on a leaderboard, but they are not very good at games and stuff like that. So they will be like, wow, now i have a chance to come on a leaderboard! 0_0 Lets start finding rulebreakers and report them! This should stop more hackers! Some people will be like.. Pfff.. Why do i want to be on a leaderboard... But other people are like... OW! I finaly have a chance to get popular on cubecraft! Its time to report! I should place this leaderboard somewhere in the main lobby! I would like this to be added.
I have made the same suggestion, but I only get hate on me... I support your suggestion!

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Players should report rule breakers because they want to, they choose to report and make the server a better place, not because it gets them on a leaderboard.

Reporting should never be competitive.
For users of illegal modifications I really don't care why people report them. I'm happy they're gone, whether they made the report for the reward, to get revenge on the player or to help the server.
My problem with this suggestion are chat offenses. I think those should only get punished if someone actually got offended and thus takes the time to report. I wouldn't want more poeple go around reporting every slight swearing for a reward even if noone would've cared.

I would only want this for users of illegal modifications and I'd prefer a small reward over a leaderboard since that probably won't get new people into reporting but rather drive people to report more often. Also with a leaderboard I could actually imagine someone creating fake reports even if it wouldn't be worth it for the reward.

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
This reminds me of those suggestions about getting a reward for reporting.
It leads to the same answer:
-People will do more reports and most of them being fake or insufficient.
-Mods will be too busy due to it what it would result pointless.

Sorry but I disagree with your idea.

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada
Dear Cubecraft!

All this would do is make players spam reports which will just increase the number of denied reports due to insufficient evidence. I don't see how this would be a benefit to the server besides making it harder for the staff team. Reporting players to make the server a better place should never be a contest, it's about love for the server not how many reports you can make. I don't really see this as being useful nor a positive impact to the server.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom