Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should you be able to reconnect to your game after disconnecting

• No, it's a bad idea (please elaborate by replying in the comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CrypticV

Dec 27, 2017
Hello all cubecraft players. So you might have read by the title, I'm going to start a poll to hopefully get this implemented. I don't know if this is just me, but there are 3 main reasons why I would like to get this implemented, and mainly for one game, Tower Defence.

Tower Defence is an exceptional game, and I used to play it before it was on Cubecraft. For a little history, the game was an original on the server hub.thechunk.net. The chunk server merged with cubecraft and many cool games were merged into the cubecraft server, two main ones being Minerware and Tower Defence. (I am in no way shape or form advertising, the two serves are merged and count as one).

Now this is the issue I run into a lot. If you don't possess an ultra gaming PC, like me, which I presume makes up the vast majority of the players on Cubecraft, I would guarantee that you have been disconnected at least once from the server. And no, this isn't my wifi issue, I will get to that in just one sec.

- Tower defence games go on for a long time generally, and it's a total bummer when I just get disconnected either due to the significant amount of mobs on screen as well as the players in game. It occurs around roughly the same time as well, when the Armageddon mode looms near. If this doesn't make players crash, the wifi does.

- Wifi boots and resets are a common display in wifi and service providers. They reboot the wifi to clear storage and make the wifi load up faster. This is normal, and most sites like YouTube and Google are even adapted to this to the point where they let the video/action keep going for 30 seconds to 1 minute so the wifi has enough time to reconnect without causing a disturbance. Minecraft servers in general however, aren't quite there yet. They will tend to disconnect you if a wifi signal doesn't connect in about 5 seconds. This is the weird java.lang message you get.

- It would make games on the server a lot easier in general, and I don't think this would be hard to implement. I know of the servers that have this, which I will not be mentioning for non-advertising purposes. It works great there, and the essential way it does this is when the player joins back within 1-2 minutes of disconnecting, it gives them a bolded and colored message along the lines of "Hey, you left your previous game. Click HERE to join back and continue the fun!" After the 1-2 minutes, it does not show the message. This is plenty of time for the person to reconnect, if not more than enough

For all these reasons, I'm humbly asking Cubecraft Developers and the Staff Team to discuss this and review it. I would greatly appreciate it, and I believe many others would too. Thank you for reading this! I know this got tremendously long but bear with me!

SANTIEL_3

Apr 4, 2020
Hello!;)

I think that's a good idea, i'm support you, i think that this can implement in eggwars or another games

This is mi opinion:)

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Here's my opinion.

Tower Defence isn't a very competitive gamemode, and on top of that, you don't necessarily rely on a team to win. Easily 2 of 4 people can leave and you could still have a balanced game. This is because the towers do most of the work.

However, although I don't have experience with this, getting disconnected in the middle of a game must be very annoying. That's why this should obviously be added if it was relatively easy to program.

But it probably isn't, because CC can't track you while you're offline or not on CC, so how would they know when you're gonna rejoin? Plus, you'll probably have a problem if you don't reconnect to the same lobby.

D

Deleted member 469419

Hello,

Well, I'm totally agree with you. Although this has been suggested lot of times, as @GladiusYugen said. At the moment isn't implemented, perhaps in a soon
future not far, this get finally implemented.

The idea itself is a very good one, I've seen this on hypixel network, if you open the minecraft menu for whatever reason and accidentally choose "Save and quit to tittle" you would get the opportunity to quickly join again to the game you were playing.

Definitely this is a YES from me.

Reactions: GladiusYugen

CrypticV

Dec 27, 2017
Here's my opinion.

Tower Defence isn't a very competitive gamemode, and on top of that, you don't necessarily rely on a team to win. Easily 2 of 4 people can leave and you could still have a balanced game. This is because the towers do most of the work.

However, although I don't have experience with this, getting disconnected in the middle of a game must be very annoying. That's why this should obviously be added if it was relatively easy to program.

But it probably isn't, because CC can't track you while you're offline or not on CC, so how would they know when you're gonna rejoin? Plus, you'll probably have a problem if you don't reconnect to the same lobby.

The last - point mentions this. If after 1-2 minutes you do not join, then no message will show up. It's not about CC tracking you, it's about the time that has elapsed since you disconnected

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
This is a very very good idea, but we need some rules for it. And it has been suggested countless times before...
But for the rules. I would propose something in the lines of
For Eggwars

• If you reconnect you respawn
  • When your egg is broken you’ll reconnect as a spectator
  • No max time for reconnecting, some players have a slow pc
For Skywars
  • Solo: no reconnecting
  • Team: reconnect as a spectator
Lucky Block
  • Same as Skywars
Tower Defense
  • In normal mode, you reconnect as if nothing happened
  • In survival mode, the wave you were going to send does NOT send, you reconnect as if nothing happend
Minerware
  • You reconnect as if nothing happened, bad luck for the missed rounds
Featured games:
  • One live: solo no reconnecting, team reconnect as spectator
  • Several lives: as Eggwars
Please comment what you think of this

~Fesa

Reactions: GladiusYugen

GladiusYugen

Dec 5, 2019
Republic of Ireland
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a very very good idea, but we need some rules for it. And it has been suggested countless times before...
For Eggwars

For Skywars
Lucky Block
  • Same as Skywars
Tower Defense
  • In survival mode, the wave you were going to send does NOT send, you reconnect as if nothing happend
Minerware
Featured games:

~Fesa
Exactly what i had in mind, but why is your text different? xd

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
For Eggwars

For Skywars
Lucky Block
  • Same as Skywars
Tower Defense
Minerware
Featured games:

~Fesa
Instead of no reconnecting, what if when a player disconnects, there is a temporary armor stand placed at the player's last location with the exact same properties as the player (armor, health, etc), which acts like an AFK player. Any damage the armor stand takes will be transferred to the player when they reconnect. If the armor stand dies, so does the player.

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
For Eggwars

For Skywars
Lucky Block
  • Same as Skywars
Tower Defense
Minerware
Featured games:

~Fesa

I agree this seems to be fair and it will not give a advantage or anything unfair.

Caliditas

Jul 11, 2016
Belgium
This would be a really nice addition to the server! Everyone got kicked for some reason at least once so everyone would benefit from that.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday, cool Forums member!! 🥳✨
Reesle wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
UncleSpect wrote on _EliteDavy's profile.
thank you for the follow my friend! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy birthday, Eef <3
Thank you all for your sweet birthday wishes 💕
Top Bottom