Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan:

Aug 20, 2015
California, USA
danbeneventano.me
the devs are really wotking hard on them but right now it really does not seem like it.
We have been working on them, problems are A) We needed to do many backend changes before we can work on new features B) We needed new servers - we switched hosts a week or two ago C) Most (or all?) the devs are part time and still in school.
Skyblock and Creative
Again, needed new servers and the new plugins are very complex
no nothing done
I don't want to give too much info here but lots of work has been done regarding pvp, just not released yet
This website
A new website is in the works, and is in it's final stages of development I believe
promised NA servers and MCPE servers. For god's sake stop making those promises without even working on something!
Wrong, we have been working on it
200 Bucks so that I can have a few more gadgets and a cool virtual armour? Are you kidding me?
Are you kidding me? You're donating to keep the server running, and the gadgets and armor are just our thanks for helping us out. If you don't feel donating gives enough reward, don't donate. All the benefits are listed on the store page.
prefers to keep updating skywars or updating Survival Games
The games are where the majority of players are, so they are the priority. Freebuild is about 1% of all players assuming it has 300 players while the whole server has 30000.
funny how Block Wars got transferred in like 8 hours or something but Tower Defense is still not complete after two months
Tower defense is done, just not on the server yet because we didn't have enough servers to handle the players. After releasing blockwars we could barely handle all the players. Now with our new host we should be able to release it soon. Also, the chunk games require being completely re-coded to be compatible with cubecraft. For now, you can play on the chunk.
devs are way too lazy
See part C of the first response
"changed hosts" for absolutely no reason and created a massive issue and nothing worked for about 6 days.
We changed hosts to be able to reduce lag and handle more players. Unfortunately we had some issues at the datacenter.

Zachㅤ

Dedicated Member
Jan 15, 2016
Hogwarts
We have been working on them, problems are A) We needed to do many backend changes before we can work on new features B) We needed new servers - we switched hosts a week or two ago C) Most (or all?) the devs are part time and still in school.

Again, needed new servers and the new plugins are very complex

I don't want to give too much info here but lots of work has been done regarding pvp, just not released yet

A new website is in the works, and is in it's final stages of development I believe

Wrong, we have been working on it

Are you kidding me? You're donating to keep the server running, and the gadgets and armor are just our thanks for helping us out. If you don't feel donating gives enough reward, don't donate. All the benefits are listed on the store page.

The games are where the majority of players are, so they are the priority. Freebuild is about 1% of all players assuming it has 300 players while the whole server has 30000.

Tower defense is done, just not on the server yet because we didn't have enough servers to handle the players. After releasing blockwars we could barely handle all the players. Now with our new host we should be able to release it soon. Also, the chunk games require being completely re-coded to be compatible with cubecraft. For now, you can play on the chunk.

See part C of the first response

We changed hosts to be able to reduce lag and handle more players. Unfortunately we had some issues at the datacenter.
Thank's for the explanation! Very helpful. :)

Reactions: diogo

cocai

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2013
dubai
I am in partial agreement with this. Yes, CCG is doing fairly bad at the moment, but I do believe that the developers are working as hard as they can. The thing is that we're not seeing many outcomes, and we have been expecting many additions to the server for awhile now.

What I think should be done is stop working on the new and upcoming things, and strictly focus on the small bugs and back-end problems (they probably are already doing this, but I've been hearing a lot of talk about new stuff). And yes, I know that I'm not really active on forums, but I still try to go on the server and ban/mute people when I have the time to.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
In my opinion they should get their priorities straight, and maybe make some kind of Developer blog so people can actually see what the Developers are working on. This would also prevent people from thinking nothing is being worked on.

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
it is funny how you see WAY MORE replies from people who deserve helper regarding to the community, meanwhile 4 (if I counted correctly) staff members reply... doesn't seem all that right, does it?
I have been really busy with stuff this whole week... but I got the forums to fit in aswell... It was hard, but with some planning it worked out.
Also, it is quite weird to say: but CCG should go on a few lessons where they (A learn how to set priorities and (B learn how to plan their stuff.

guardd

Forum Expert
Dec 14, 2014
Somewhere in Hungary
@error_dan_overflow, It's great that you guys are working on it but it still does not change the fact that it has been over a year now that you guys are "working" on it. The thing is that some things do come out, let's take take Skywars Abilities, they did come out after a looong time, and that's exactly the thing, you guys hype features and then take over a year to release them or don't even release them.

The last time that the entirety of Freebuild was functioning, the playerbase wasn't even at 10,000. Therefore, it's inaccurate, misleading and wrong to compare a freebuild playerbase from over a year ago, to post-eggwars CCG where the global playerbase rocketed.
I could go on with this text, but I think you get the point, we the community want priorities set, we don't want to have to wait months for skyblock to get finished when instead you guys are making cool updates, that nobody asked for, to Survival Games or Skywars.

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
@error_dan_overflow, It's great that you guys are working on it but it still does not change the fact that it has been over a year now that you guys are "working" on it. The thing is that some things do come out, let's take take Skywars Abilities, they did come out after a looong time, and that's exactly the thing, you guys hype features and then take over a year to release them or don't even release them.

The last time that the entirety of Freebuild was functioning, the playerbase wasn't even at 10,000. Therefore, it's inaccurate, misleading and wrong to compare a freebuild playerbase from over a year ago, to post-eggwars CCG where the global playerbase rocketed.
I could go on with this text, but I think you get the point, we the community want priorities set, we don't want to have to wait months for skyblock to get finished when instead you guys are making cool updates, that nobody asked for, to Survival Games or Skywars.
I think they should be working on ONE thing, not 6 at the same time... if they do that, it'll probably take less time..

Reactions: HarryVanSunweb

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
@xMegaCoolx @xMegaGamerx (I know he left the forums but still...) @hgbf @Roebahn @Superherolinker @AnmazingAdsome @TheZigbot9000 @Dutchy_Nub @TeovoTeovo @DionInsanity @De_Supermarkt @OmegaKoek @mateu9999 @Renss @AdventureeTree @Zhypo @iLoveYouu @MisterBigChin @SamueLogic @Younisco
@MAMBO @Didocas @telegamer @Kick12
I think al this people can get a CHANGE for a helper but I know that if these people get helper they will do everything for it :D!!
Because They Love CubeCraft! <33
<3

Reactions: iKick

Mambo Garrix

May 27, 2015
Netherlands, the
[

We could be twins, I share the exact shame thought. :P

Foodyling

Dec 25, 2015
unfortunately thr staff team yet again prefers to keep updating skywars or updating Survival Games, something that nobody really asked for. I made a lot of friendships here and I'm sad that it's just forgotten and yet again we got promises and promises but the server can't maintain them, killing the freebuild part and completely seperating the community.
You appear to be under the misconception that the entire staff teams works on projects, not just the developers; that is incorrect.
I agree with you, the devs are way too lazy. It might be ok if there's a small delay, but months is too much.
I agree with this from front to back. I wrote something exactly like this with the same points recently but I refused to post it to avoid insulting people.
In the heat of all the issues we got "CubeCraft Live" which hasn't even worked so far at all. Why is CubeCraft Live even a thing? Aren't you a Minecraft Network? Your network is falling to bits and you're trying to start livestreaming. You also recently "changed hosts" for absolutely no reason and created a massive issue and nothing worked for about 6 days.
"CubeCraft Live" is managed another a different head, not the development one. It has absolutely no impact whatsoever on the development team. The server migration was admittedly less than smooth, however the permanent server hosting alternative had merely a temporary issue during a transition; it has cut down on the ridiculous spikes of latency.
Speaking of delayed updates, it's kinda funny how Block Wars got transferred in like 8 hours or something but Tower Defense is still not complete after two months.
It is almost as if someone had prepared that game before-hand.
@error_dan_overflow, It's great that you guys are working on it but it still does not change the fact that it has been over a year now that you guys are "working" on it.

you guys are making cool updates, that nobody asked for, to Survival Games or Skywars.
You criticize the development team, much of which has no power over deciding the content released. I, as a developer, did not decide that "Everything else < Survival Games". Even so, that is not the case, and you fail to consider that other back-end/unannounced projects are in existence.

The following is directed at all of you:
Let us take a look at two publicly posted threads that, shockingly, conclusions may be drawn. Here is a thread in October about successful Junior Developers, and here is a thread advertising for normal developers in November. Junior developers are exactly what their name is - juniors; they are inexperienced at certain topics and may need to learn additional topics to complete tasks. As such, no monolithic projects have been turned out quite yet by them. They do, however, work on smaller projects and are useful. Speaking for myself and the other developers from the second development thread, none of us were fully signed on until December, and at that time, not all of us had fully settled in. A few of the developers who were to sign on dropped, further reducing developer power. Lastly, all of the developers for the MineCraft server are part-time developers.

With this in mind, you will notice that the more-part-time (normal) developers have arrived recently, and have started on larger scale projects that are not yet finished. Additionally, it means before October there were only two developers on the network - rubik_cube_man and GingerGeek. The former, lacking some experience to create stable infrastructure due to learning Plugin development and Java at the time. The promises made before-hand could not be delivered due to junior developers lacking sufficient skill and from lack of development power to manufacture the "promises".

Hopefully, you are enlightened at least a fraction, as that would no longer make you all pitch black in terms of your insight.

I do not say CubeCraft is devoid of issues, but rather that there has been actual little time for the main developers to work on projects for these "promises'. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Dan: and iLoveYouu
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom