Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DaHammy

Mar 29, 2016
Italy
I thought it would be useful if muted player had a " [M] " which would be in the colour §4. It would only be seeable in lobbies and pre-game lobbies. It wouldn't affect the chat (obv) since they can't talk anyway! Someone with an Lapis rank would have their name something like " HiRandomName [M] ". It would be showed up in their name when someone looks at the player, (the name above the player), and also in the tab list. People would know, if someone is muted and why they aren't responding to them

Attachments

• 2017-11-02_09.21.44.png
    2017-11-02_09.21.44.png
    984.8 KB · Views: 136

Edgeless

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
I thought it would be useful if muted player had a " [M] " which would be in the colour §4. It would only be seeable in lobbies and pre-game lobbies. It wouldn't affect the chat (obv) since they can't talk anyway! Someone with an Lapis rank would have their name something like " HiRandomName [M] ". It would be showed up in their name when someone looks at the player, (the name above the player), and also in the tab list. People would know, if someone is muted and why they aren't responding to them
Yup I agree with this so I can know if someone is muted or just ignoring me +1

Capitan

Moderation Manager
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 13, 2016
Argentina
twitter.com
Well.. I think that M icon in the name is a little awful. In my opinion, a chat response (if you write to a muted player) like "player xxxxx is actually muted, so you won't receive an answer" will be better.
Im saying this because if I was muted, I wouldn't like to have an M in my name... Good suggestion!!

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Yes, good idea!
This is the solution for muted players who can't respond!
Good suggestion, +1 from me!

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I would say that this looks like a good idea but I think that it isn't needed. People will try to get muted just to have this special [M] , You're probably gonna say that this is bs but really people will try to get this red M just to get recognised by other people. This can also be very offensive against the muted player. The player who is muted wouldn't like it if other people know that she/he is muted. So I dislike this idea

The_Pinkcraft_mc

Novice Member
Oct 16, 2017
Belgium
Yes this is a very good idea +1

Reactions: DaHammy

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
That's a good point! Maybe people don't like other players to know they are muted.. Maybe a command to toggle it or in that chest option thing
Than we will still have the problem that people will try to get muted to have this special red M next to their name.

DaHammy

Mar 29, 2016
Italy
Than we will still have the problem that people will try to get muted to have this special red M next to their name.

I don't think people would try to get muted just for that, I mean like who would do that? And if people are trying to get muted just to get that "M", then it's their fault if they are muted

Also instead of that M, they could do something like what CaptainMichifus said

Well.. I think that M icon in the name is a little awful. In my opinion, a chat response (if you write to a muted player) like "player xxxxx is actually muted, so you won't receive an answer" will be better.
Im saying this because if I was muted, I wouldn't like to have an M in my name... Good suggestion!!

Aurora

Jun 12, 2016
<3
I would say that this looks like a good idea but I think that it isn't needed. People will try to get muted just to have this special [M] , You're probably gonna say that this is bs but really people will try to get this red M just to get recognised by other people. This can also be very offensive against the muted player. The player who is muted wouldn't like it if other people know that she/he is muted. So I dislike this idea

If the person doesn't want others to know they're muted, they can just avoid getting muted in the first place.

I think this is a good idea for 2 reasons. 1. As stated, it helps people know who is muted so when they message someone, they know that they won't get a response back because of the mute. Very often, I've messaged friends who were muted without realizing they were and I can see how this causes confusion for people who don't have other means of communicating with this person to ask if they're muted or not. 2. It can also work as motivator for people to not get mutes. If people think this is embarrassing or etc. to have this indicator, then it would be a motivator for them to not get muted.

Of course people can just check appeals to see if the person is muted or not, but I think to have the [M] or some type of automatic response would be more efficient and convenient.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

Can there a way to disable it because people might start making fun of you and its kind of embarrassing for players.
Yes I know you can report them but its just better if we have it that way.

Reactions: Edgeless

SUCKMYLARGEDICK

Novice Member
Dec 31, 2016
I agree with this, then everyone can see if someone is muted or not and why he/her isn't answering. Cool idea!

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I actually like this idea but I've got an idea as well. If you say ''Hi [username]'' or just greet her/him, you'll get an automatic reply in only your chat that the person who you're talking to is muted. Something like this:

[Username] is currently muted.
I also like your idea, but could you send the message to the players if he's muted?

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Top Bottom