Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Vindicatør

Sep 29, 2020
the Woodland Mansion
minecraft.fandom.com
Okay, the instant damage and poison potions in lucky islands are FAR too OP.

-- Explanations --

The instant damage potion does 6 whole hearts of damage on a direct hit that pierces through, which is honestly just broken. You can throw it at someone, and then easily finish them off, even if they have significantly better armor than you.

Then we have poison potion A - the one you get from the lucky block drop that gives five potions. This one gives 45 seconds of poison, which is way too long. It gets you to 1/2 heart in about the first half of the potion duration, then you would have to wait out about the other half, which is quite a long time. And after that, we have poison potion B - the one you have a chance to get from the brewing stand lucky block drop. This one gives 22 seconds of poison 2, which is about equal to poison potion A. It's half of the duration, but it drains your health twice as fast. You can get to 1/2 heart very quickly, no matter what armor you have.

-- Solutions --

Instant Damage Potion - Make it instant damage 1 instead of 2, so that it only does 3 hearts of damage on a direct hit.

Poison Potions - Half-en the duration of both of them, so that they aren't as broken, and so that you can recover much faster.

React with Agree if you agree with this suggestion.
React with Unsure if you don't know whether you agree with this.
React with Disagree if you don't agree with this suggestion.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
You're assuming the potions land a direct hit. In practice, this is not an easy feat to pull off and the user lands indirect hits most of the time. If you dodge the potions, you'll take less damage and a shorter duration from poison potions.

Let's also not forget that these are lucky drops. It's not guaranteed you'll see these right away. Another solution is to use milk buckets to cure poison if cows are available (it's been 4 years since I've played lucky blocks, so I don't remember lucky blocks loot well).

Reactions: Snowwyyy

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
The chances of getting the harm potion and landing a direct hit are not exactly easy

So I personally don't think there is no need to change that

The venom potion (type a) has been a huge problem because they force you to run for 45 seconds with at least half a heart hoping no one will see you, just for this reason I would love for this potion to get a bit nerfed.

The same point applies to potion (type b) but we have to understand that one is a little bit harder to find so I think the chances of getting it and the damage it does is a bit balanced, Wouldn't mind it being nerfed a bit too if other players agree with it though

Reactions: Vindicatør

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't agree with changing the Poison II
I do agree with the other ones

Also, I feel like people who disagree with this thread don't play Lucky Islands often or at all
Almost nobody dodges a potion in this game + people don't just aimlessly throw it at you, sometimes you're standing still and they throw it on your back. Sometimes you're in a hole and they throw it from the top. Sometimes people fly with their elytra over you and drop their potion.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Also, I feel like people who disagree with this thread don't play Lucky Islands often or at all
Almost nobody dodges a potion in this game + people don't just aimlessly throw it at you, sometimes you're standing still and they throw it on your back. Sometimes you're in a hole and they throw it from the top. Sometimes people fly with their elytra over you and drop their potion.
I'd agree that people who don't or didn't play the game shouldn't post, but with all due respect a fair number of us have played (at least I played a few times per day for months back in my prime).

Those are special cases where you can land a free hit on an unaware target. If they're moving on open ground then it's a lot tougher, and all of those special cases can be countered by staying alert.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I really do hope that things will be better this month.

Noooooooooooooooooo-
I had a similar idea, I had already collected all the screenshots and informations- noooooo-
1000078266.jpg
Mintypie231 wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉 🎂
Reesle wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Reach's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Kazwa wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom