Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do elytra's need a nerf?

• Total voters

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
Elytra's on lucky islands can be very helpful to players. However, let's face it, the amount of people I see that fly away instead of fighting when they are clearly outmatched, is starting to get really annoying. I understand removing the elytra would not be fair for the people who do not abuse it, however, I think a nerf is needed and could help this situation a bit.

How: Similar to the knockback sword, I was thinking about lowering the durability so it can break much sooner. (Without specifying how much durability should be applied, there is a broader range and an opportunity to discuss options)

Why: This way people can't fly away for 10 minutes around the map and perhaps there can be fewer reports on this incident. I honestly do not see the point of having a full elytra anyway. I really do believe this would be beneficial/helpful without impacting too much gameplay. I hope this can be considered.

I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Here is an edited video with some proof/ an example of the situation. The original video was 8 minutes long of this player flying away.

Last edited:

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
Reduce its durability so you use it for only a minute. It’s a little unfair how elytra users abuse shield wand and ice wand to infinitely fly right above the void.

A full durability elytra gives 7 mins of flight, reduce it to 1/7 that number.

Reactions: Matriox

MoonHuntress

Apr 16, 2016
I don't usually play Lucky Islands, but when I do, there's almost always a camper that just flies around. It makes gameplay a bit demotivating since you're just chasing someone around for 5+ minutes. Elytra should definitely be nerfed, rather than removed completely.

PapaOsoCrafts

Novice Member
Jan 18, 2017
Remove them completely, if you have 200+ ping you cant even activate them so for me it doesn't even make sense having them ingame in first place , and I know my lag is not other peoples fault, at least nerf em down to 10ish uses.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
So this type of playing, I had it once, yeah some people are annoying to do that, but it may be a good tactic to use, I don't really call this camping, it's more than running. I don't think this needs to be removed because it's a nice way to have some good plays! I think flying in the air is awesome and it makes you to a other island or a mid island to attack people, not everyone use this as 'running'.

I think the knockback sword, it may be a good idea to hit them so they lose balance, but I don't think this would be needed, you just can follow them over and over and just don't give up. In short, I think it doesn't need a change for that reason, it already gives much knockback.

I think this is a 50/50 situation. So I won't vote but I will think of this idea. It can be a yes or be a no.

MoonHuntress

Apr 16, 2016
So this type of playing, I had it once, yeah some people are annoying to do that, but it may be a good tactic to use, I don't really call this camping, it's more than running. I don't think this needs to be removed because it's a nice way to have some good plays! I think flying in the air is awesome and it makes you to a other island or a mid island to attack people, not everyone use this as 'running'.

I think the knockback sword, it may be a good idea to hit them so they lose balance, but I don't think this would be needed, you just can follow them over and over and just don't give up. In short, I think it doesn't need a change for that reason, it already gives much knockback.

I think this is a 50/50 situation. So I won't vote but I will think of this idea. It can be a yes or be a no.
Can you explain what you meant? This is unnecessarily confusing and irrelevant to the original post.

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
Yes I agree with nerfing the eyltra. But don't get rid of it completely, a simple solution is to reduce the durability of the eyltra. Therefor it will not last as long and won't have any issues chasing a player who fly's around for 10 minutes.

And with the kb sword, I say keep it the same because its like 2-3 hits before it breaks. The sword has carried me a couple times when I have nothing and gets chased by someone who has full diamond armor.

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
Yes I agree with nerfing the eyltra. But don't get rid of it completely, a simple solution is to reduce the durability of the eyltra. Therefor it will not last as long and won't have any issues chasing a player who fly's around for 10 minutes.

And with the kb sword, I say keep it the same because its like 2-3 hits before it breaks. The sword has carried me a couple times when I have nothing and gets chased by someone who has full diamond armor.
Yeah I am not saying change the knockback sword at all

Pcddle

Novice Member
Nov 18, 2018
Noo York
www.youtube.com
I mean there are ways to stop them, and ways to kill people using elytras. Like for example, if you have a good aim, you can shoot them down because I've done that before with someone with an Elytra and they died with 4 shots. You could also use a grappling bow if they are camping in a spot to get up to them. But with Elytras, you also need to be in a good height to be able to fly pretty high, so you could always counter that with what you have. But, I guess there could be adjustments with them as well.

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
I would say no mainly because the elytra not game breaking good. The kb sword however is thats why is has limited durability. Also it wouldn't change the running problem since players can still run with the grapplingbow or have multiple elytra's

PapaOsoCrafts

Novice Member
Jan 18, 2017

Kb sword needs no nerf, we are discussing elytras only.

I dont know about you, but i dont like to waste 20 min or even leaving a game after someone keeps running away and flying over the map because having no armour (0 kills = no loot), while their only purpose is making you fed up on the game and quitting, its annoying.

PapaOsoCrafts

Novice Member
Jan 18, 2017

Agree, kb sword is one of those items you love or hate depending if you have it or other person have it LOL

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Kb sword needs no nerf, we are discussing elytras only.

I dont know about you, but i dont like to waste 20 min or even leaving a game after someone keeps running away and flying over the map because having no armour (0 kills = no loot), while their only purpose is making you fed up on the game and quitting, its annoying.
I said the knockback sword may be a good idea to lose to balance who is abusing the elytra, and how do you want to nerf the elytra, to make it bannable, big no. I think it's just based to a good tactic and you may just try to kill them, I had it once while I have 3 days as play time, not really needed.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
I said the knockback sword may be a good idea to lose to balance who is abusing the elytra, and how do you want to nerf the elytra, to make it bannable, big no. I think it's just based to a good tactic and you may just try to kill them, I had it once while I have 3 days as play time, not really needed.
Flying around the map above the void, using a shield wand every now and then, climbinh a few blocks higher and then making a frost path

Only to fly again???

Yup, its a tactic! A tactic nobody can beat. You obviously haven’t had that many encounters with people who do this. I have. All I could do was spam TNT Wand and run across the map.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Flying around the map above the void, using a shield wand every now and then, climbinh a few blocks higher and then making a frost path

Only to fly again???

Yup, its a tactic! A tactic nobody can beat. You obviously haven’t had that many encounters with people who do this. I have. All I could do was spam TNT Wand and run across the map.
The idea of this idea is to nerf the elytra, but how? I mean, it's a really bad idea to make this bannable, how do you wanna stop this?

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Capitan's profile.
you’re officially cool
IMG_9112.jpeg
Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
Top Bottom