Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

?

• Total voters

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
A punch bow is 25 diamonds, a power bow 15 and a shield 30.
If the price of shields get lowered to 20 diamonds it will be more balanced.
It will also help speed up the game and reduce the boring time only spent on generators as it will reduce the problems campers cause.
I do agree that they should be lower, but if there is a ranked player in the game, it is never normal anymore (or at least for me)
but I agree.
+1

F

Facelurite

Two years ago this was considered to be a sort of legendary thing. After 1.13 decrease cost to 25 diamonds since it blocks 100% damage.

We could also use a skeletal horse spawn egg so we can storm bridges while shielding up instead of pearling.

Wouze

Apr 9, 2016
New york
Seems like another way of adding more stall to Eggwars. A game can already last a HUGE amount of time (I've had 8+ hour games), making shields even easier to obtain can allow players to get a shield earlier, which means less early KB kills, which means even longer games. I can see the appeal, I'm just not a huge fan. Good suggestion!

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
Seems like another way of adding more stall to Eggwars. A game can already last a HUGE amount of time (I've had 8+ hour games), making shields even easier to obtain can allow players to get a shield earlier, which means less early KB kills, which means even longer games. I can see the appeal, I'm just not a huge fan. Good suggestion!
Shields don't prevent knockback and you can always just use a axe to disable the shield. Also lowering the cost of the shield wouldn't increase the length of games.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Wouze

Apr 9, 2016
New york
Shields don't prevent knockback and you can always just use a axe to disable the shield. Also lowering the cost of the shield wouldn't increase the length of games.
Ahh, but shields do block the KB of arrows. Early game bow kills can make a huge difference in the length of a game, and the cheaper the shield is, the more players that have access to it early. If less people die, then the game'll last longer. At least thats what I've seen in a lot of my games.

Edit: I just checked to make sure shields still block KB, I realized it could have changed since i played last. Minecraft WIKI says "Knockback from both melee attacks and projectiles is entirely nullified, while knockback from explosions is reduced to about one block. When a melee attack is blocked, the attacker will be knocked back slightly (one block away)."

Wouze

Apr 9, 2016
New york
which is exactly why it will speed up games instead of slowing them down.
Read the original post.

Even if we don't take the length in consideration, it would still be a good idea because it's ridiculous that a shield is 30 diamonds while a bow is 8.
I do understand what you mean, I just can't agree.

F

Facelurite

Ahh, but shields do block the KB of arrows. Early game bow kills can make a huge difference in the length of a game, and the cheaper the shield is, the more players that have access to it early. If less people die, then the game'll last longer. At least thats what I've seen in a lot of my games.

Edit: I just checked to make sure shields still block KB, I realized it could have changed since i played last. Minecraft WIKI says "Knockback from both melee attacks and projectiles is entirely nullified, while knockback from explosions is reduced to about one block. When a melee attack is blocked, the attacker will be knocked back slightly (one block away)."
KB is entirely blocked in 1.11, prior versions still take knockback from melee

Reactions: Wouze

schot

Dec 12, 2017
I really like this, I almost never buy shields because they are tooo expensive. In skywars you'll get them in almost every chest so why not in eggwars. Maybe 16 is a better price

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom