Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the achievement Long Time No Speak be removed?

• Total voters

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
There is an achievement on the forums called “Long Time No Speak”. With this achievement you need to be registered 1 year and have less than 365 posts. I believe that this achievement should be removed due to various reasons.

1) You are only able to achieve this achievement in the first year of your forums account. You never have a chance of getting it after that year, which is pretty weird to me. Achievements shouldn’t be based on what you achieve within a year, but what you achieve in your overall time on the forums. Having a personal achievement as “I want to get 4000 likes at the end of this year” is okay, but everyone is gaining likes and messages on their own speed. Achievements shouldn’t really be that competitive towards others, only to motivate yourself to be more on the forums.

2) Management should encourage members to post more on their forums, not less. It should be turned around, to motivate people.

3) My first couple of hundred messages were reports. Back in the days there was no report site, only the forums. You had to create a thread to report someone. This automatically leads to more messages in the first year of my forums account. I’m guessing that i’m far the only one that doesn’t have this achievement because of the old report system.

Last edited:

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
I agree it's impossible for those who've been here for more than a year.

3) My first couple of hundred messages were reports. Back in the days there was no report site, only the forums. You had to create a thread to report someone. This automatically leads to more messages in the first year of my forums account. I’m guessing that i’m far the only one that doesn’t have this achievement because of the old report system.
Same, I had like 300 reports done on the forums. xD

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
There is an achievement on the forums called “Long Time No Speak”. With this achievement you need to be registered 1 year and have less then 365 posts. I believe that this achievement should be removed due to various reasons.

1) You are only able to achieve this achievement in the first year of your forums account. You never have a chance of getting it after that year, which is pretty weird to me. Achievements shouldn’t be based on what you achieve within a year, but what you achieve in your overall time on the forums. Having a personal achievement as “I want to get 4000 likes at the end of this year” is okay, but everyone is gaining likes and messages on their own speed. Achievements shouldn’t really be that competitive towards others, only to motivate yourself to be more on the forums.

2) Management should encourage members to post more on their forums, not less. It should be turned around, to motivate people.

What about the people who already have it. (Including myself) I dont think that would be fair to remove it. Also why does it really matter. If you have it you have it, if you dont then you dont. I really dont see the issue here lol. There are so many more importation things to be worrying/ fixing atm.

Reactions: Mesbar

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
What about the people who already have it. (Including myself) I dont think that would be fair to remove it. Also why does it really matter. If you have it you have it, if you dont then you dont. I really dont see the issue here lol. There are so many more importation things to be worrying/ fixing atm.
Not saying that it should be prioritized. The achievement self just doesn’t really make any sense. How can you achieve something with being less active? It should be the opposite way, make people more active, not less. Thus that it’s not fair towards players that made use of the old report system.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
Wouldn’t be fair to remove it. It’s an achievement on the forums, not in game. I don’t think that achievements are even public. A lot of forum users don’t post daily, you can post daily for 364/365 days and still get it. Not everyone is mega active and posts 4-5 times a day. In my opinion its a cool little achievement people can have
It seems as if you’re cherry picking because you don’t have that achievement

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I don’t think that achievements are even public.
They are, you can click on the amount of trophies on someone’s profile.
A lot of forum users don’t post daily, you can post daily for 364/365 days and still get it. Not everyone is mega active and posts 4-5 times a day.
Me neither, but I did do tons of reports a day. Just like tons of now daily active members that joined before the 11th of november 2016. Like I stated before, people shouldn’t be rewarded for not being active. It’s not fair towards players for making the challenge impossible after one year.

EDIT: What could be a better challenge is posting less than 365 messages in one year (not your first year). I’m not saying that i’d be happy about it if it would change to that, as it still encourages players to reply less, but that wouldn’t make the challenge impossible.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Completely agree, if a person would like to get it and they’re active, they would most probably have to restrain themselves from participating at times. And that’s just counterproductive.
About removing it being “unfair” not at all. It’s not an achievement that requires any positive effort for the community, it’s completely out of place. And come on, it’s just a few internet points.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
Basketman wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
Top Bottom