Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Literally just the title, I am not going to go into more detail than just naming the thing, because if I was to go into detail about absolutely everything then I might as well release a full book on it. I will gladly elaborate and go into more detail if anyone asks me in a reply though.

And oh god, there is a lot of things to say about a lot of minigames and features, that's why I am not limiting this to any specific minigame.

Lets just start:

Mega Blockwars:
good things:
+Getting kills now gives blocks, makes it harder to run out of them as long as you can stab someone

+it has become easier to fight back against players in full diamond or full iron armor, because everyone dies faster

+I have far less problems joining the game compared to how it was before the update, before that the game would regularly refuse to let me join due to error, never happened since the update

problems:

-on ctf, the flag regularly refuses to let players take it, leading to games going into overtime and ending in a draw, I had reported this bug but the report got rejected so now I am complaining about it publically.

-on bridges, in some places, where you bridge with blocks underneath you, those blocks seem to lead to a weird bug where block refuse to get placed, leading to a death in the void

-the faster dying makes it impossible to move without any armor unless the players are incapable of hitting you

-bows deal way more damage than they used to, being a 2-hit kill in some situations

On an unrelated note: I think we should also be getting heal from kills, not a lot, especially with the existence of diamond armor, but normal blockwars gamemodes do seem to have healing on kills

-(existed before the update, still gonna complain tho) on ctf, the team that gets to the diamonds first essentially is guaranteed to dominate/win the game, making it impossible for the other team to come back. That is not really the case on bridges because there, killing players is as easy as knocking them into the void

-some chests (specifically on the map canyon) refuse to respawn arrows, leading to situations where you run out of arrows but can't refill without dying

-(also existed before the update) bows that are in your hotbar seem to disappear when carrying the flag, not sure why, and I feel its not done intentionally because all you have to do to avoid this happening is putting the bow in your inventory.

On an unrelated note, I do think blockwars, both mega and the normal variations, could use a mechanic that heals you after every kill. Doesn't have to be a large amount of health, but enough to be able to survive in a 2v1 scenario.

Lucky Islands:
good things:
+The Addition of block lucky blocks and food lucky blocks reduces the "luck" factor slightly, allowing every player to be able to leave their starting island as early as they want to

+Food and blocks in general seem to be far more common, making it harder to run out of those things

+The addition of blue lucky blocks, and rainbow lucky blocks, both having better drops, makes it so that there is more variation in the game, and the fact that lucky blocks can now look differently than just being yellow is a nice visual thing.

problems:
-the block lucky blocks and the food lucky blocks make the chef and the builder kits obsolete, why'd you need to spawn in with blocks if you do it anyway and why'd you need to spawn with food if you do that anyway?

-weapons seem to be rarer, leading to situations where players run around without weapons or only the ones they spawned with for the entire game

-Situations where you have to go up against players with better equipment while having almost nothing yourself have visibly increased since the update

-the amount of food and blocks that now spawn, in addition to maps often having a lot of easy to break moss blocks, leading to there now being an abundance of blocks and

-the infini-tato and the item-stealing fishing rod (forgot its actual names) are useless in practice

-being overpowered is way too overpowered, I know that's the whole point but its pretty damn scary to see a player fly up to you or have him be able to one-hit kill you, regardless of the armor you got. Also: because of that its now impossible to tell if a guy is fly hacking or just on overpowered mode. In my opinion they should simply get an elytra and a bunch of fireworks instead of having creative-mode flying.

-some maps have islands on them with blocks that make it impossible or harder to jump to an island right next to it

-on the map honey, under one of the lucky blocks on the starting islands, there is a moss block, leading to situations where, if you forget about it, you can die instantly due to falling to the void because you decided to stand on the lucky block to mine it (ik, standing on lucky blocks in general is not a good idea, but if I am gonna die because of a lucky block, I want to be lava

-the amount of quick to break (instant or only a few miliseconds) blocks in the game makes it way too easy to die by accident in general.

Eggwars:
good things:
+The Low prices of iron and diamond armor make it easier to fight back against players who are clearly just trying to quickly grind wins

+The new emerald gaining mechanics and enchantment store are better than the old system, easier to read and less time-consuming

+rewarding players with emeralds for eliminations and egg-destructions is a cool way to still encourage pvp and agressive playstyles, even if the game may be more grindy in terms of equipment now

+the addition of crossbow and tridents makes the game more diverse

+the addition of netherite swords makes it so that there is a reward for collecting diamonds for a very long time

problems:
-the amount of players still attacking you mere seconds after the games start is annoying

-most of the problems related to this gamemode are pvp based, so they are listed in the pvp section under this one

Honestly, eggwars out of all modes actually had mostly positive changes, most of its problems are server-wide and not just unique to eggwars

General pvp:
good things:
+again, players in strong armor are easier to beat because everyone seems to die quicker.

+the introduction of crossbows and tridents into pvp gamemodes is a fun, it makes the game more diverse and allows for more strategies and playstyles that weren't possible before

problems:
-snowballs and eggs seem to deal almost no knockback

-knockback is inconsistent and sometimes broken as hell, sometimes I hit a guy 10 times and he doesn't even move, just to then have me flying to the opposite side of the map because of a singular arrow that hit me by accident

-the faster dying makes it impossible to compete in non-teambased gamemodes against players with stronger armor, because they just end up killing you instantly

-its impossible to come back once someone hits you, its either you dominating them completely and comboing them or you getting dominated and comboed

-critical damage seems to work weirdly, also: critical hits are there for the first time ever, I can remember previous versions not having critical hits (either that or somehow me and every single player I fought before the new update managed to never correctly hit a critical hit), making everyone have to relearn pvp to adjust to it

-it seems to now be possible to hit players from longer distances than the "normal" 3 blocks of reach, not sure if that's intentional, but I've seen others do it to me and I myself have been able to do it quite a few times. Though it could just be lag or a visual bug, considering that I am unable to replicate it when trying to do it, it just happens randomly

-ranged weapons are overpowered, in the right situations a bow can kill a player in leather armor in just 2 hits and it seems like the damage when spam-firing has been significantly increased, making it more than just KB that makes it hard to get close to such players because those arrows actually deal a lot of damage now.

-time between hits appears to be inconsistent, sometimes the game won't let me hit someone more than once a second, and sometimes I can somehow get someones HP from full health to 2 hearts in less than a second despite just swinging a sword without moving or doing anything specific in both types of situations

-knockback, when actually dealt and not dealt with a snowball, seems to be a lot higher, making it impossible to do anything about it

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
Literally just the title, I am not going to go into more detail than just naming the thing, because if I was to go into detail about absolutely everything then I might as well release a full book on it. I will gladly elaborate and go into more detail if anyone asks me in a reply though.

And oh god, there is a lot of things to say about a lot of minigames and features, that's why I am not limiting this to any specific minigame.

Lets just start:

Mega Blockwars:
good things:
+Getting kills now gives blocks, makes it harder to run out of them as long as you can stab someone

+it has become easier to fight back against players in full diamond or full iron armor, because everyone dies faster

+I have far less problems joining the game compared to how it was before the update, before that the game would regularly refuse to let me join due to error, never happened since the update

problems:

-on ctf, the flag regularly refuses to let players take it, leading to games going into overtime and ending in a draw, I had reported this bug but the report got rejected so now I am complaining about it publically.

-on bridges, in some places, where you bridge with blocks underneath you, those blocks seem to lead to a weird bug where block refuse to get placed, leading to a death in the void

-the faster dying makes it impossible to move without any armor unless the players are incapable of hitting you

-bows deal way more damage than they used to, being a 2-hit kill in some situations

On an unrelated note: I think we should also be getting heal from kills, not a lot, especially with the existence of diamond armor, but normal blockwars gamemodes do seem to have healing on kills

-(existed before the update, still gonna complain tho) on ctf, the team that gets to the diamonds first essentially is guaranteed to dominate/win the game, making it impossible for the other team to come back. That is not really the case on bridges because there, killing players is as easy as knocking them into the void

-some chests (specifically on the map canyon) refuse to respawn arrows, leading to situations where you run out of arrows but can't refill without dying

-(also existed before the update) bows that are in your hotbar seem to disappear when carrying the flag, not sure why, and I feel its not done intentionally because all you have to do to avoid this happening is putting the bow in your inventory.

On an unrelated note, I do think blockwars, both mega and the normal variations, could use a mechanic that heals you after every kill. Doesn't have to be a large amount of health, but enough to be able to survive in a 2v1 scenario.

Lucky Islands:
good things:
+The Addition of block lucky blocks and food lucky blocks reduces the "luck" factor slightly, allowing every player to be able to leave their starting island as early as they want to

+Food and blocks in general seem to be far more common, making it harder to run out of those things

+The addition of blue lucky blocks, and rainbow lucky blocks, both having better drops, makes it so that there is more variation in the game, and the fact that lucky blocks can now look differently than just being yellow is a nice visual thing.

problems:
-the block lucky blocks and the food lucky blocks make the chef and the builder kits obsolete, why'd you need to spawn in with blocks if you do it anyway and why'd you need to spawn with food if you do that anyway?

-weapons seem to be rarer, leading to situations where players run around without weapons or only the ones they spawned with for the entire game

-Situations where you have to go up against players with better equipment while having almost nothing yourself have visibly increased since the update

-the amount of food and blocks that now spawn, in addition to maps often having a lot of easy to break moss blocks, leading to there now being an abundance of blocks and

-the infini-tato and the item-stealing fishing rod (forgot its actual names) are useless in practice

-being overpowered is way too overpowered, I know that's the whole point but its pretty damn scary to see a player fly up to you or have him be able to one-hit kill you, regardless of the armor you got. Also: because of that its now impossible to tell if a guy is fly hacking or just on overpowered mode. In my opinion they should simply get an elytra and a bunch of fireworks instead of having creative-mode flying.

-some maps have islands on them with blocks that make it impossible or harder to jump to an island right next to it

-on the map honey, under one of the lucky blocks on the starting islands, there is a moss block, leading to situations where, if you forget about it, you can die instantly due to falling to the void because you decided to stand on the lucky block to mine it (ik, standing on lucky blocks in general is not a good idea, but if I am gonna die because of a lucky block, I want to be lava

-the amount of quick to break (instant or only a few miliseconds) blocks in the game makes it way too easy to die by accident in general.

Eggwars:
good things:
+The Low prices of iron and diamond armor make it easier to fight back against players who are clearly just trying to quickly grind wins

+The new emerald gaining mechanics and enchantment store are better than the old system, easier to read and less time-consuming

+rewarding players with emeralds for eliminations and egg-destructions is a cool way to still encourage pvp and agressive playstyles, even if the game may be more grindy in terms of equipment now

+the addition of crossbow and tridents makes the game more diverse

+the addition of netherite swords makes it so that there is a reward for collecting diamonds for a very long time

problems:
-the amount of players still attacking you mere seconds after the games start is annoying

-most of the problems related to this gamemode are pvp based, so they are listed in the pvp section under this one

Honestly, eggwars out of all modes actually had mostly positive changes, most of its problems are server-wide and not just unique to eggwars

General pvp:
good things:
+again, players in strong armor are easier to beat because everyone seems to die quicker.

+the introduction of crossbows and tridents into pvp gamemodes is a fun, it makes the game more diverse and allows for more strategies and playstyles that weren't possible before

problems:
-snowballs and eggs seem to deal almost no knockback

-knockback is inconsistent and sometimes broken as hell, sometimes I hit a guy 10 times and he doesn't even move, just to then have me flying to the opposite side of the map because of a singular arrow that hit me by accident

-the faster dying makes it impossible to compete in non-teambased gamemodes against players with stronger armor, because they just end up killing you instantly

-its impossible to come back once someone hits you, its either you dominating them completely and comboing them or you getting dominated and comboed

-critical damage seems to work weirdly, also: critical hits are there for the first time ever, I can remember previous versions not having critical hits (either that or somehow me and every single player I fought before the new update managed to never correctly hit a critical hit), making everyone have to relearn pvp to adjust to it

-it seems to now be possible to hit players from longer distances than the "normal" 3 blocks of reach, not sure if that's intentional, but I've seen others do it to me and I myself have been able to do it quite a few times. Though it could just be lag or a visual bug, considering that I am unable to replicate it when trying to do it, it just happens randomly

-ranged weapons are overpowered, in the right situations a bow can kill a player in leather armor in just 2 hits and it seems like the damage when spam-firing has been significantly increased, making it more than just KB that makes it hard to get close to such players because those arrows actually deal a lot of damage now.

-time between hits appears to be inconsistent, sometimes the game won't let me hit someone more than once a second, and sometimes I can somehow get someones HP from full health to 2 hearts in less than a second despite just swinging a sword without moving or doing anything specific in both types of situations

-knockback, when actually dealt and not dealt with a snowball, seems to be a lot higher, making it impossible to do anything about it
I reckon if you spent as much time actually playing the games instead of running an ongoing commentary you might enjoy it more !

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
I reckon if you spent as much time actually playing the games instead of running an ongoing commentary you might enjoy it more !
Yes, because its definitely not like writing this took only around 15 minutes, and is a result of several hours of daily gameplay ever since the 1.20 update released. No, it definitely must be me whining about the update instead of playing it and NOT me playing the update for hours a day and simply not liking it.

Also: I'd enjoy definitely enjoy the update more if the games bothered to work correctly.

The bug on ctf that makes it impossible to capture flags makes it pointless to play. And the worst part is: due to a visual glitch making it look as if someone picked up the flag sometimes, it could lead to a false ban at some point. I wouldn't be suprised if it already did.

The weird "reach" thing I mentioned makes pvp confusing as hell, tbf, most of the new pvp changes make it confusing as hell, but this one specifically: pretty sure having longer reach is supposed to be only possible with hacks, yet the amount of times I've hit someone form more than the usual 3 blocks of reach, and the amount of times I've been hit from that far, makes it seem like that's not the case anymore. Either that, or me and many other players have had a reach hack installed on our devices without our knowledge, and one that only specifically works on cubecraft.

Recently, in a game of eggwars, I fell into the void and the game refused to let me die. The only thing that allowed for the game to end (coz there was only me and one other dude left) was the fact that because of me not dying the game, for some reason, decided I must be afk, and kicked after a while.

There is also a weird "bug" where hits don't register correctly, and I can't hit someone more than once every 1-2 seconds despite me spam clicking the sh*t of my mouse button.
The amount of times I got stuck in blocks because of just running into a wall or jumping under a 2-block tall surface is so high, that if I had a penny each time it happened, I'd be rich enough to hire a dev team able to fix it in less than an hour.
Also: sneaking so that you can walk under 1.5 blocks instead of the usual 2 basically gives you free x-ray, not like it matters in most minigames, but just saying: that's a thing now.

And, based on the replies I received on a total of two reports about the ctf bug, you know, a pretty serious bug considering it happens in a lot of games of a gamemode where a lobby can have up to a 100 players and if also considering the fact it literally makes the game unwinnable for (usually) one of the teams and could lead to false bans, I feel as if these people were trying to make me do all the work while themselves trying to find as many excuses not do sh*t about it as humanly possible.

No, I will not enjoy the update until someone at THE VERY LEAST bothers to fix the damn bugs, nevermind the pvp changes and the questionable changes in lucky blocks, blockwars, and according to some people here: eggwars.

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
Yes, because its definitely not like writing this took only around 15 minutes, and is a result of several hours of daily gameplay ever since the 1.20 update released. No, it definitely must be me whining about the update instead of playing it and NOT me playing the update for hours a day and simply not liking it.

Also: I'd enjoy definitely enjoy the update more if the games bothered to work correctly.

The bug on ctf that makes it impossible to capture flags makes it pointless to play. And the worst part is: due to a visual glitch making it look as if someone picked up the flag sometimes, it could lead to a false ban at some point. I wouldn't be suprised if it already did.

The weird "reach" thing I mentioned makes pvp confusing as hell, tbf, most of the new pvp changes make it confusing as hell, but this one specifically: pretty sure having longer reach is supposed to be only possible with hacks, yet the amount of times I've hit someone form more than the usual 3 blocks of reach, and the amount of times I've been hit from that far, makes it seem like that's not the case anymore. Either that, or me and many other players have had a reach hack installed on our devices without our knowledge, and one that only specifically works on cubecraft.

Recently, in a game of eggwars, I fell into the void and the game refused to let me die. The only thing that allowed for the game to end (coz there was only me and one other dude left) was the fact that because of me not dying the game, for some reason, decided I must be afk, and kicked after a while.

There is also a weird "bug" where hits don't register correctly, and I can't hit someone more than once every 1-2 seconds despite me spam clicking the sh*t of my mouse button.
The amount of times I got stuck in blocks because of just running into a wall or jumping under a 2-block tall surface is so high, that if I had a penny each time it happened, I'd be rich enough to hire a dev team able to fix it in less than an hour.
Also: sneaking so that you can walk under 1.5 blocks instead of the usual 2 basically gives you free x-ray, not like it matters in most minigames, but just saying: that's a thing now.

And, based on the replies I received on a total of two reports about the ctf bug, you know, a pretty serious bug considering it happens in a lot of games of a gamemode where a lobby can have up to a 100 players and if also considering the fact it literally makes the game unwinnable for (usually) one of the teams and could lead to false bans, I feel as if these people were trying to make me do all the work while themselves trying to find as many excuses not do sh*t about it as humanly possible.

No, I will not enjoy the update until someone at THE VERY LEAST bothers to fix the damn bugs, nevermind the pvp changes and the questionable changes in lucky blocks, blockwars, and according to some people here: eggwars.
So in summery, there are some bugs......which will be fixed....maybe its time you unplugged? If you hate it that much then just don't play, or play something else ?

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
So in summery, there are some bugs......which will be fixed....maybe its time you unplugged? If you hate it that much then just don't play, or play something else ?
Its not just bugs, but based on the fact you seem to have not read the intitial post at all, makes it look like you shouldn't be on forums talking about anything, because willingness to talk is synonymous with a willingness to read here.

And before you say anything: all I said is that without the bugs the update would be more enjoyable, I never said fixing bugs is the only problem. "more enjoyable" does not mean "enjoyable" it means "more enjoyable than before", which tbf isn't even that hard to achieve.

In that post, I also mentioned a lot of weird pvp things that aren't bugs (at least I don't think they are), questionable design choices in several minigames, and so on.

And stop acting like those bugs will be fixed, because based on the reaction I received to reporting one of them: those people aren't intending on fixing those bugs unless we pulled some kind of french revolution out of our as*es.

Its also not that easy to find an alternative to cubecraft rn. The Hive isn't that good, and a lot of pvp games have a lot of very sweaty players I don't want to go up against, plus: the server also has a worse anti-cheat and a fair amount of cheaters. Lifeboat is literally just cubecraft, but bad. Galaxite does so many things differently than cubecraft that I wouldn't even consider these two as "alternatives" to one another. And the other two servers there are for bedrock edition are heavily pay-2-win and also have high ping for EU players.

But considering your inability to actually read what I write and adress it, and your inability to recall more than a few words at time and one reply at a time, I doubt you are even reading by this point, so I don't think it makes sense to continue writing.

Last edited:

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
Its not just bugs, but based on the fact you seem to have not read the intitial post at all, makes it look like you shouldn't be on forums talking about anything, because willingness to talk is synonymous with a willingness to read here.

And before you say anything: all I said is that without the bugs the update would be more enjoyable, I never said fixing bugs is the only problem. "more enjoyable" does not mean "enjoyable" it means "more enjoyable than before", which tbf isn't even that hard to achieve.

In that post, I also mentioned a lot of weird pvp things that aren't bugs (at least I don't think they are), questionable design choices in several minigames, and so on.

And stop acting like those bugs will be fixed, because based on the reaction I received to reporting one of them: those people aren't intending on fixing those bugs unless we pulled some kind of french revolution out of our as*es.

Its also not that easy to find an alternative to cubecraft rn. The Hive isn't that good, and a lot of pvp games have a lot of very sweaty players I don't want to go up against, plus: the server also has a worse anti-cheat and a fair amount of cheaters. Lifeboat is literally just cubecraft, but bad. Galaxite does so many things differently than cubecraft that I wouldn't even consider these two as "alternatives" to one another. And the other two servers there are for bedrock edition are heavily pay-2-win and also have high ping for EU players.

But considering your inability to actually read what I write and adress it, and your inability to recall more than a few words at time and one reply at a time, I doubt you are even reading by this point, so I don't think it makes sense to continue writing.
It's not an inability, it's just the lack of desire to. But your correct, I did stop reading half way through. Ggs

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
Top Bottom