Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want to change the shopping system while under combat?

• Total voters

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
CEASE YOUR OFF-TOPICNESS YOU NASTY APRICOTS! >:v
I agree with the suggestion. You should not be allowed to trade with villagers in combat, because it's unrealistic and very unfair to the attacker. You already have the advantage of being in your home territory, spawning in the same place as your generators and potentially having team mates nearby. Let's not forget that eggs, more often than not, are right on the edge of islands too, making for easy kills with your fists alone.

Your mistake of letting somebody breach your island should be enough; you shouldn't get yet another chance to stay alive; you should be done. The current game favours campers way too much and ruthlessly punishes rushers (the people that are actually moving the game along). If somebody breaches your island, you should die unless your opponent screws up, and should not instead have the ability to re-gear and repeatedly fight them until they're forced to retreat.

tl;dr - Don't wanna die? Don't let them get to your island in the first place. Shopping in combat gets a no-no from me.

Reactions: Gainfullterror

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I voted No, I don't think the problem is with the shop, more with how the map is layed out.

I really believe this is a map specific problem, that a solution needs to be found for the individual maps where battle shopping is a problem.

For every case, lets consider you no longer have an egg and are the only one having to face a team of people camping, also without an egg, but won't leave the island, and prefer gearing up until they each have 5 sets of diamond, so they won't go after you if you wait for them to come to you, you have to go in that 5v1.

Battle shopping on some maps is a serious problem as you cannot fight the other team as they swap/buy gear faster than you can kill each of them.

Whether a map is prone to battle shopping or not falls down to 2 things:
- How easy it is to collect diamonds mid fight.
- How safe it is to shop.

Battle shopping is not a problem : + What stops battle shopping from being a problem.

Medieval & Jungle:
Blocking up the villager inside a container away from gens + spawnpoint (house, hut etc..)

City, Aztec, Space, Forest, Magic, Oriental, Under da Sea & Instruments:
It is possible to hit the player off the map while shopping.

Pizza:
Gens are risky to go to, can get knocked off getting gold/diamond + flat island.

Mushrooms:
It is easy to knock people off the island / isolate the generators.

Storm:
Position of the diamond gen is risky making collecting diamonds mid fight risky.

Tea Party, Treehouse & Toys:
Easy to block up the diamond gen, stopping players from gearing on the fly again.

Western:
Possible to block up the villager, map has enough void that battle shopping is less of a problem.

Beach:
Diamond gen is far enough from the island.

Fairground: I can't really put this anywhere, it just works, I think it's because it's easy to escape/bow people off.

Battle shopping is a problem: + solution .

Garden: Move the villager 1-2 blocks outwards and more in the open area.
-> also moves the build protection that stops us from placing blocks to stop respawning players from gearing up easily every time

Food: Move the villager slightly outwards closer to mid in a more centered position.

Huts: Move the villager or the diamond gen outside or in an upstairs compartment, somewhere that is further from the diamond gen but not tedious to go to.

Kingdom: Make the entrance to the diamond room slimmer/lower, (even half slabs on the top) so you only need 3 obsidian to block the diamond gen.

Maps I left out:
Dwarven - I can't remember where to place this one.

Last edited:

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
There are times where battle-shopping saves my life but I agree that it is annoying when it's a 1v2/3. Moving the villager to a different area would maybe reduce the problem but then again, there are sometimes where you can still get lucky.

I agree with closing the GUI when a player is hit by melee. It seems the most reasonable to me.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Sorry but I do not agree.
Most of the times I forget to buy a Pickaxe or other useful supplies, that's why I most of the times go to an enemy's base and buy it there. Would be quite annoying if I couldn't buy it because I'm being hit by people's fists.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I told you why. It's a bad suggestion. I'm not going to play a game and then get attacked and NOT be able to buy things. It's silly.
I think at this point it's safe to say you haven't understood the thread entirely/
Let me quote the sentence which you've likely misunderstood:

A few ways to solve this problem:
  • Adding a shopping cooldown while in combat, meaning you'd only be able to shop x amount of times per 5 or so minutes. Every "times shopped" is counted from when you open the GUI and buy an item. If you close the villager GUI, you'll be left with x remaining times to shop. I wouldn't put it in chat purely for aesthetic reasons, and it's not like it'll be all too important in fights that don't have anything to do with battleshopping. Once you're out of "times to shop", you'll be notified in chat saying something along the lines of: "You have to wait 5 minutes before shopping again!"
    All of this applies to players that are in combat. Players will no longer be in combat if: Player has not been hit in the past 30 or so seconds, or if the player has killed the one who has combat tagged them last.

Problems I see with this one revolve around rushing and simple shopping for basic things like steak or blocks may occur. I'm not the biggest fan of this system, as I prefer one I'll be mentioning later in the thread.

• Moving villagers closer to ledges, but the villager has to be facing mid to assure you that you can (primarily) only be shot/knocked off if people are attacking you from on your own island.

• Force players to use the old shopping GUI with a cooldown per item while under combat. Same combat tag system can be used as the one mentioned two points above.

• Close the villager GUI when a player is attacked by arrow or melee.
As you can see, I mentioned "a few ways". In no way shape or form am I suggesting every single one of these possibilities to be implemented, but I'm just listing possible fixes for this to make it less powerful than it already is.
How will you not be able to buy things if, for example, the only thing they changed was the villager location?
I specifically even mentioned that the villager should be placed in a way where you can only get shot/punched off while shopping if the person is on your island. This also will have little to no influence on you if they used the first mentioned method, since you'd hardly be combat tagged. It's not like you'll be shopping for new items every few minutes during a fight under normal circumstances, right?
Anyways, seeing that the arrows could contradict the whole "this won't effect people unless they battleshop" characteristic I'm trying to get, I definitely wouldn't be apposed to arrows not counting towards your combat tag.

Sorry but I do not agree.
Most of the times I forget to buy a Pickaxe or other useful supplies, that's why I most of the times go to an enemy's base and buy it there. Would be quite annoying if I couldn't buy it because I'm being hit by people's fists.
Any of the possible fixes may be implemented. Adding every single one would be a terrible idea. Would you be opposed to having the villager moved into a position where it's somewhat risky to shop?

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
The problem I see with the shop being placed close to the void is players can build walls around the villager to not get hit off. I think there should simply be combat shopping (not able to shop until 5 seconds after someone hit you.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
The problem I see with the shop being placed close to the void is players can build walls around the villager to not get hit off. I think there should simply be combat shopping (not able to shop until 5 seconds after someone hit you.
Walls can easily be destroyed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've never quite gotten to the point where people would have enough time to make walls out of obsidian, but if they did, I can't imagine it being too hard to just flood the room with tnt and lock the person in to save myself some trouble.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Actually, scrap the ideas on the thread. A much better way to do this is by only using a single one of the fixes on a few maps: Relocate villagers on maps where this can be a problem. I'm really not much of a fan of the combat tagging system or the villager GUI changes since it'd be a very weird change just for a problem which, in hindsight, is pretty rare to come across. All but a single one of the possible fixes are pretty unnecessarily complicated.

Lez has definitely mentioned the posts which come to mind when it comes to villager/gen location.
Battle shopping is a problem: + solution .

Garden: Move the villager 1-2 blocks outwards and more in the open area.
-> also moves the build protection that stops us from placing blocks to stop respawning players from gearing up easily every time

Food: Move the villager slightly outwards closer to mid in a more centered position.

Huts: Move the villager or the diamond gen outside or in an upstairs compartment, somewhere that is further from the diamond gen but not tedious to go to.
(I'd rather put the villager in huts outside facing mid. Same goes for food. Garden is not too bad, but leveling the terrain down one block in the area surrounding the villager would be nice (basically make it so someone has the possibility to be shot off in one or two bow shots))
(ps if it wasn't clear, this thread may be locked)

Reactions: Sophie

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
I think this is a very bad idea, because battleshopping gives a disadvantage to the battleshopper anyway because he chose to shop in the middle of this battle. This is why you bring spare armor to battle so that you DON'T have to battleshop. Giving an extra disadvantage to the battleshopper would just make things worse. I was actually about to make a suggestion thread that they make it so that anyone who battleshops gets not as much as a disadvantage as they do now.
Think of it this way: You're smart enough to bring a spare set of leather armor to a battle at the beginning of a fight, you break his opponent's helmet and boots, and your opponent breaks your helmet and boots aswell. Then you put on your spare armor while your opponent battleshops, and you knock him off the edge. In other words, battleshopping gives you a disadvantage anyway. So I don't think there should be MORE of an advantage. In my opinion, there should be LESS of an advantage to someone whos opponent battleshops.

Members Online

Team online

• Camezonda
    Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Critly's profile.
Heya my old friend!:D How have you been? ^-^
Critly wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happy birthdayy, enjoy your day! 🎉
Xi1m wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
EVA

happy birthday :33
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ehlli's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom