Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think people in the leadersboards need more recognition?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

iiJqlian_

Novice Member
May 3, 2018
SpeedEggwars
Nowadays people that are in the leaderboards have no recognition.
When you want to see the leaderboards you will need to scroll down a list of 200 people that you actually don’t care about. Before The Big Change you had 5 people who everybody knew because there face was put in front of you with their amount of wins in the lobby.

Leaderboards is attached to 3 things:
  1. Self-actualization
  2. Esteem
  3. Social interaction
Those 3 things mean:

1. Realization of one's full potential. Or easy said: people want to be one of the best in whatever the strive to be the best in and realize that. The leaderboards of course show how many time and experience you have with the game and there is nothing wrong with being proud of that.
  2. Esteem needs are ego needs or status needs. People develop a concern with getting recognition, status, importance, and respect from others. Most humans have a need to feel respected. How the leaderboard used to be this played a very important roll. Some leaderboard members back then were treated they were famous when they joined the lobby.
  3. To farm together with our friend to reach your goal to reach a higher place in the leaderboards.
If your a social person your understood all the crap I just told you.

After The Big Change number 2 was eliminated almost completely.
We went from MEGA recognition to a list of 200 people that most people honestly do not care about.
I think this is as much a good thing as it is a bad thing. People get less attention so don't create an ego too much, but for many people number 2 is the reason to get in the leaderboards in the first place.

Before y’all gonna attack me with your social knowledge that differs from all I wrote here :)
I want to make my suggestion!

My suggestion is to find a way to give the leaderboard an esteem boost in a way that makes the leaderboard more attractive but not TO attractive. To kind of make up for letting poor number 2 fall in the void. Also to give people who have fought for there leaderboard places a little more recognition.

Thank you for taking time to read this :)
Julian

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
I voted No because it honestly doesn't matter what place you're in the leaderboard. In my opinion, who really cares about being the best, the most experienced, or having the most skills, just go out there and have fun with your friends. While it'd be nice to feel recognized, if I recall from back in the days when they only displayed the top 5, those players usually faced the most stressful games ever, because they were heavily targetted and bashed for basically selling their life and soul to the server.

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
My suggestion is to find a way to give the leaderboard an esteem boost in a way that makes the leaderboard more attractive but not TO attractive.
Sooo.. basically you wrote a book of pyschological stuff without the actual suggestion. Suggesting that we should search for a way to make the lb more atttactive isn't really a suggestion.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Nowadays people that are in the leaderboards have no recognition.
When you want to see the leaderboards you will need to scroll down a list of 200 people that you actually don’t care about. Before The Big Change you had 5 people who everybody knew because there face was put in front of you with their amount of wins in the lobby.

Leaderboards is attached to 3 things:
  1. Self-actualization
  2. Esteem
  3. Social interaction
Those 3 things mean:

1. Realization of one's full potential. Or easy said: people want to be one of the best in whatever the strive to be the best in and realize that. The leaderboards of course show how many time and experience you have with the game and there is nothing wrong with being proud of that.
  2. Esteem needs are ego needs or status needs. People develop a concern with getting recognition, status, importance, and respect from others. Most humans have a need to feel respected. How the leaderboard used to be this played a very important roll. Some leaderboard members back then were treated they were famous when they joined the lobby.
  3. To farm together with our friend to reach your goal to reach a higher place in the leaderboards.
If your a social person your understood all the crap I just told you.

After The Big Change number 2 was eliminated almost completely.
We went from MEGA recognition to a list of 200 people that most people honestly do not care about.
I think this is as much a good thing as it is a bad thing. People get less attention so don't create an ego too much, but for many people number 2 is the reason to get in the leaderboards in the first place.

Before y’all gonna attack me with your social knowledge that differs from all I wrote here :)
I want to make my suggestion!

My suggestion is to find a way to give the leaderboard an esteem boost in a way that makes the leaderboard more attractive but not TO attractive. To kind of make up for letting poor number 2 fall in the void. Also to give people who have fought for there leaderboard places a little more recognition.

Thank you for taking time to read this :)
Julian

There completely useless and really serve no real purpose. I think they get little to no recognition because no one really cares.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
There completely useless and really serve no real purpose. I think they get little to no recognition because no one really cares.
I must disagree, people do care about the leaderboards. It is human to want to compare yourself to others, it is human to want to stand out over a group of people. The people who aim for it, care about it, and the people who admire leaderboard players also care about it. I'm sure you must've been there at least one of those times when an average player saw a leaderboard player in their same lobby and went like "Omg iWillBanYou party!!!".

And from my personal opinion, I think leaderboards enrich the server in the sense that they work as the maximum recognition that a player could receive. They are also a way of motivating players, making them want to play over and over again, even if only to pass from place 121 to place 120.

And even if no one cared about them, getting to the top 5 of any CubeCraft gamemode is definitely an enormous achievement that deserves the recognition it used to get.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I'd love more clout. But I've never had so much drive to play on the server as when I was grinding for that leaderboard spot in Blockwars. Obviously not helped by the fact the game is only featured now, the competition for spots has grinded to a halt with only a few being active at all. Yes I am in 1st place but it is just underwhelming that I'm just first in a list of heads now. Cube aims to be quite a casual minigames server but if that top 5 maybe made its way into waiting lobbies, it would be quite cool.

Reactions: Eli
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Xi1m wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
RAHHHHHHHHHH
JokeKaedee wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!! <33 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday, Adrian! :) 😃 🍰
Top Bottom