Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Which rule has to change?

• Nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both rules has to change

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reports with Labymod should be accepted, if there is no evidence that the report can be fake

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Reports for advertising through Private Messages should NOT be accepted, without enough evidence

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters

Edwinus

Nov 1, 2017
Yesterday, I saw this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/using-labymod-read-this-before-reporting.78406/
It is about Labymod, and why it is not possible to report people with it - it is not possible, because you can edit names in Labymod. Reports can be faked that way, and that is not what we want, obviously.

But, in Discord, you can report someone with the same kind of evidence, the kind of evidence you can fake, and it is really easy to do, as easy or even easier than you edit something in Labymod. This is an example of what I see regularly:

https://gyazo.com/4adc7ae1651cbc66df6aee5257f04cb5

As you see, someone got punished by sending such an invite. I do not know if this evidence was edited and we think it is not faked, of course, but it could be, and that is the point. I will illustrate it by reporting someone, Buuuddy, who will never advertise in PM. For clarity, this is not real, and I faked it to proof it can be faked.

https://gyazo.com/ec85cae165340681a19c90cb4f15cc36

https://gyazo.com/1928a2b21547377ec6d9746910c7f0c5

So no, this is not real, and do not use is to 'expose' a him. This is fake, I made it, and it was not that difficult to be honest. I will not tell you how you can do it, because people can abuse it, but it is possible. @Buuuddy did not send these messages to me.

What if Buuuddy did send me that link, however? Is it fair to ban him in that case? I could have gave him permission. He could be my friend, or he did not advertise through the Cubecraft discord server, but through another one. Although it is not bad to punish him for advertising on another server, it is not Cubecraft's responsibility to punish him then. Some people just advertise through their friend list, after all. And Cubecraft just bans them for advertising, without any warning. In theory, you are punishable for sending an invite link to a friend of you, if he or her has joined the Cubecraft discord as well. Even if you did not advertise.

Of course, advertisers are very annoying, but hackers are too. Although reports are not faked that often - that is what staff told me (even you cannot know that as people lie about it) - I think it is the right thing that Cubecraft disabled Labymod reports. And Discord advertising reports through DM should be not accepted as well. We all know that advertisers are annoying, but you can just change your settings in Discord to stop random people from sending messages to you:

https://gyazo.com/a94af1f5466990da2e81e1a559a4d6fe

You have to add all your friends to your friend list, but that is what we had to do after all. Even your friends send invites to you, whether they joined Cubecraft or not, advertising through PM will never disappear, just like hackers will never disappear. And you should disable direct messages from server members if you want to be more sure, just like you have to disable Labymod to report players.

Last edited:

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
upload_2020-2-5_20-26-4-png.159290
images aren't working

Edwinus

Nov 1, 2017
They should be working now. I can see the images Keanu sent which is very weird... Thanks for reporting it guys.

iSniper27

Novice Member
Jun 21, 2018
https://Youtube.com/iSniper
Yesterday, I saw this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/using-labymod-read-this-before-reporting.78406/
It is about Labymod, and why it is not possible to report people with it - it is not possible, because you can edit names in Labymod. Reports can be faked that way, and that is not what we want, obviously.

But, in Discord, you can report someone with the same kind of evidence, the kind of evidence you can fake, and it is really easy to do, as easy or even easier than you edit something in Labymod. This is an example of what I see regularly:

https://gyazo.com/4adc7ae1651cbc66df6aee5257f04cb5

As you see, someone got punished by sending such an invite. I do not know if this evidence was edited and we think it is not faked, of course, but it could be, and that is the point. I will illustrate it by reporting someone, Buuuddy, who will never advertise in PM. For clarity, this is not real, and I faked it to proof it can be faked.

https://gyazo.com/ec85cae165340681a19c90cb4f15cc36

https://gyazo.com/1928a2b21547377ec6d9746910c7f0c5

So no, this is not real, and do not use is to 'expose' a him. This is fake, I made it, and it was not that difficult to be honest. I will not tell you how you can do it, because people can abuse it, but it is possible. @Buuuddy did not send these messages to me.

What if Buuuddy did send me that link, however? Is it fair to ban him in that case? I could have gave him permission. He could be my friend, or he did not advertise through the Cubecraft discord server, but through another one. Although it is not bad to punish him for advertising on another server, it is not Cubecraft's responsibility to punish him then. Some people just advertise through their friend list, after all. And Cubecraft just bans them for advertising, without any warning. In theory, you are punishable for sending an invite link to a friend of you, if he or her has joined the Cubecraft discord as well. Even if you did not advertise.

Of course, advertisers are very annoying, but hackers are too. Although reports are not faked that often - that is what staff told me (even you cannot know that as people lie about it) - I think it is the right thing that Cubecraft disabled Labymod reports. And Discord advertising reports through DM should be not accepted as well. We all know that advertisers are annoying, but you can just change your settings in Discord to stop random people from sending messages to you:

https://gyazo.com/a94af1f5466990da2e81e1a559a4d6fe

You have to add all your friends to your friend list, but that is what we had to do after all. Even your friends send invites to you, whether they joined Cubecraft or not, advertising through PM will never disappear, just like hackers will never disappear. And you should disable direct messages from server members if you want to be more sure, just like you have to disable Labymod to report players.
I think it should stay, as a labymod user you can always report ingame, and if you really want to report you can still use just an optifine client

Reactions: Dokter

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Regarding Labymod, if the player really wanted to make an impact to the server and report users, they could always just switch to the Badlion Client which is practically the same thing as Labymod, except you don't have annoying squeakers screaming nor a health mod, but if you don't use those add-ons, then honestly just switch to BLC so you can report people without any issues. Now if you really need a health indicator, then you can always just download each separate file and throw them all into a forge client or 5zig if that still exists. Just make sure you're allowed to use those mods beforehand, which you can find a listing here.

In regards to discord reports about advertising, I feel that they should only accept reports in the same fashion as in-game reports, such as making sure to send in evidence with all four corners of your screen visible. That way it's much easier to verify the evidence, and the user you're trying to report or is being reported.

Now assuming you had reported him with such evidence you provided, you probably would've gotten yourself banned from discord, in the sense that, from this link here. It's visible that there are 2 "Buuuddy" on your left side of the screen, but most importantly it's also evident that you can notice their activities don't correlate. Now regarding this other link here, as mentioned prior you can see the exact same information mentioned, but most importantly the name highlighted appears a bit higher compared to the other names. This can easily demonstrate that this was a forgery or an attempt to try to punish someone falsely, but usually, this comes down to whoever is reviewing the report, assuming it's a moderator+ they usually look out for the smallest details.

Side note: Let's hope you're not involved in using stolen alts judging from a comment made on discord from that second gyazo pic, cause that probably might not get you banned but it most definitely might raise some red flags, to say the least.

Edwinus

Nov 1, 2017
Regarding Labymod, if the player really wanted to make an impact to the server and report users, they could always just switch to the Badlion Client which is practically the same thing as Labymod, except you don't have annoying squeakers screaming nor a health mod, but if you don't use those add-ons, then honestly just switch to BLC so you can report people without any issues. Now if you really need a health indicator, then you can always just download each separate file and throw them all into a forge client or 5zig if that still exists. Just make sure you're allowed to use those mods beforehand, which you can find a listing here.

In regards to discord reports about advertising, I feel that they should only accept reports in the same fashion as in-game reports, such as making sure to send in evidence with all four corners of your screen visible. That way it's much easier to verify the evidence, and the user you're trying to report or is being reported.

Now assuming you had reported him with such evidence you provided, you probably would've gotten yourself banned from discord, in the sense that, from this link here. It's visible that there are 2 "Buuuddy" on your left side of the screen, but most importantly it's also evident that you can notice their activities don't correlate. Now regarding this other link here, as mentioned prior you can see the exact same information mentioned, but most importantly the name highlighted appears a bit higher compared to the other names. This can easily demonstrate that this was a forgery or an attempt to try to punish someone falsely, but usually, this comes down to whoever is reviewing the report, assuming it's a moderator+ they usually look out for the smallest details.

Side note: Let's hope you're not involved in using stolen alts judging from a comment made on discord from that second gyazo pic, cause that probably might not get you banned but it most definitely might raise some red flags, to say the least.

It is not an Alt-Account, and I can just delete the real Buuuddy out of my PM list of course. I will not tell you how I did this, but different accounts do have a different discordtag, and with this, you can just change the tag to whatever you want - it is really easy:

https://gyazo.com/ff62b5db2585aef3c6af9685de0a823c

O wait, sidenote: I am not involved in buying alt accounts, but that guy just sent me an alt indeed. I will report him later, it was not Buuuddy of course, but with this, you can also report Buuuddy for sending alt accounts, if I deleted the real Buuuddy out of my pm list and changed the status of course.It is just a demonstration, I am not really trying to get Buuuddy banned, if you want me to show how I can exactly fake Buuuddy, tell me, but it is just a waste of time for me. I hope you can believe that it is possible to fake it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom