Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
A lot of pvp related things were changed in the update, some of them were pretty significant, but the knockback is probably the most significant one of those changes. Before the update, it was possible to come back from being comboed or suprise-attacked, and in my opinion it wasn't even that difficult, now one wrong hit or one wrongly timed jump can cost you the game and the moment you are in the air, you're done, no point in even trying to fight back once you are being comboed unless your opponent has a clickrate of 0.5 cps.

It also feels very inconsistent (though that could just be me being too stupid to understand how knockback actually works now, but based on some of the posts I've seen on the forums most of the server would be just as stupid), how come one hit sometimes send me flying to the other end of the universe while the same hit in a different game would barely cause me to move? Or when I hit someone, and one person just flies off the map after one hit, while another barely moves on that same hit? And just so you know, I am not talking situations where in one case a guy doesn't move, while in another they know how to reduce knockback effectively, I mean situations where the player is barely moving or just straight up afk.

For an update that is supposed to make the game generally more accessible to more casual and generally speaking "worse" players (as stated by some of the server staff, at least in relation to eggwars) I think that the knockback changes really lead to the opposite, where if a good player can get you in the air, there is no way to actually counter them, making all preparations the "worse" player might take to be able to fight back pointless because, even with maxed armor, all that's needed is one wrong jump, one suprise attack or getting comboed once to end the game.

On blockwars, I like making bridges several blocks wide because that makes it harder to get knocked off into the void or sniped off the bridge compared to when the bridge is only 1 block wide. Since the update, one lucky arrow can send you flying on even 3 or 4 blocks wide bridges, compared to the old version where 3 blocks was comfortably enough to be able to walk on it, get shot, and still be able to survive.

The old version, as new-player-unfriendly as it was in eggwars for example, did one thing better: a player who is worse but had good items (armor, sword, etc.) had better chances of fighting back against a good player. Even if it only rarely actually happened of course.

In the current version, good players can very easily dominate the game without even buying a weapon as long as they know how to keep their opponents in the air. The amount of times I've seen someone without armor or a sword take on a person with full diamond or iron armor just with their fist is much higher than I ever remember it being before the update.

As many things as may have needed changing to make eggwars more accessible to "worse" players, the knockback system was not one of them.

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
Apparently today during the afternoon there was a new change in the KB, now it is very similar to the one before the 1.20 update, much more consistent and without excessive vertical knockback. (remember that these changes may take time to be reflected throughout the network).

Reactions: adrian525pl

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
I agree, the KB seems so weird. I had believed it was just Lagg or maybe another player hacking with an antikb hack, but it's happening more and more. Let's hope it's something under review as your also correct in that wheras previously if I was in a game of eggwars, saw the last player with better gear, I would start farming to equal or better his load out, now I don't and go with what I've got as if I cam get a good combo, their load is irrelevant. Good for some, bad for most.

Reactions: adrian525pl

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Apparently today during the afternoon there was a new change in the KB, now it is very similar to the one before the 1.20 update, much more consistent and without excessive vertical knockback. (remember that these changes may take time to be reflected throughout the network).
that would explain why I had 3 eggwars lobbies just randomly "shutdown" on me mid game while trying to play.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
In my opinion, knockback is so much better with this update. I was one of the people who hated the 2021-early 2023 knockback, since it was not balanced (I took more knockback than an average player, and they took zero knockback, making it impossible to combo them) and it slowed down the pacing of the game, which made the server not fun.
When 1.19 update came out, knockback was fixed, which made me happy because I'm used to the horizontal knockback style of PvP, which benefitted players like me and also made games more fun and fair because players actually take knockback when they get hit, making combos possible now. As a result, games became faster paced, which I like.
The only time when people take less knockback is when they have 100 ping or higher, or when they have full netherite armor

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Top Bottom