Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 347571

Lately i kind of think that Cube is becoming boring. Some people might see it as "my problem" but i think that i might know why this is the case. I will keep it really short and i will also order everything to make it simple for everyone that will read this. Let me know what you think about my view on the server.

KITS

First of all i noticed that the kits on cubecraft remains a problem, there are around 20 kits in Survival Games but only one is actually usefull which is Scout obviously. It basically makes the game really boring since you're able to end the game in less than 3 minutes. I would rather have 7 equal kits that all own their own ability so there isn't one META. Having 7 equal kits means the game will be full with variation.

Other examples: Lucky islands -> Diamond kit || Skywars -> Scout + Swordman || Eggwars -> Money bag + potion kit || Free For All -> Wizard + Beast. This is also the case in Blockwars OP mode where everyone is using Runner now.

I'm not saying that having a lot of kits is bad but in this case it is becasue they're all useless and makes the game boring and repetitive which is why it's so easy for certain people to get a win in less than 3 minutes. It would also be way more interesting to have a tournament with a lot of variation so you will never know what your enemy will do which will basically mean that there will be more strategy in the game.

Games

People will probably kill me for saying this but Lucky Islands = Skywars Crazy mode the only difference is that you open lucky blocks instead of chests what makes them really similar to eachother. Eggwars is different but also kind of the same " be the last man standing and you win"

There is Minerware, Tower Defence, Blockwars which are originally from Cubecraft so shouldn't these games be important?

Community Games is by far the best thing on the server for me. And maybe the only thing that keeps me playing except from people where i voicechat with.

Aug 23, 2021
The kits do get very repetitive but you'll be met with a game "meta" pretty much everywhere, it's a strat that's simply fail proof and always works.
For LI, EW and SW, yeah it's the same game but just in a different way. There's different strats for each too, so I don't really agree that it's the exact same thing.

And I 100% agree that Cubecraft should pay more attention to its original games, such as Tower Defence. It's a game that you don't see on any other Minecraft server yet from the big CCG games, it's the one that gets the least attention from devs...

D

Deleted member 347571

The kits do get very repetitive but you'll be met with a game "meta" pretty much everywhere, it's a strat that's simply fail proof and always works.
For LI, EW and SW, yeah it's the same game but just in a different way. There's different strats for each too, so I don't really agree that it's the exact same thing.

And I 100% agree that Cubecraft should pay more attention to its original games, such as Tower Defence. It's a game that you don't see on any other Minecraft server yet from the big CCG games, it's the one that gets the least attention from devs...
If you would've played Survival Games on Mineplex then you would understand what i mean by the "META" they basically have 12 kits if i am correct and all of them have their own ability for example one kit is able to launch u in the air with a ground pound or one kit is able to throw axes, perhaps you could use the kit that's able to create a vortex that will drag you back.

And like i mentioned before you basically will never know what they are using so it's really fun to play. I will post the screenshots so you could check it for yourself.

Attachments

• 2022-03-18_23.40.06.png
    2022-03-18_23.40.06.png
    380 KB · Views: 53
  • 2022-03-18_23.40.09.png
    2022-03-18_23.40.09.png
    375.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 2022-03-18_23.40.13.png
    2022-03-18_23.40.13.png
    289 KB · Views: 47
  • 2022-03-18_23.47.08.png
    2022-03-18_23.47.08.png
    297.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 2022-03-18_23.47.11.png
    2022-03-18_23.47.11.png
    258.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 2022-03-18_23.47.14.png
    2022-03-18_23.47.14.png
    284.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 2022-03-18_23.47.17.png
    2022-03-18_23.47.17.png
    269.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 2022-03-18_23.47.21.png
    2022-03-18_23.47.21.png
    240.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 2022-03-18_23.47.24.png
    2022-03-18_23.47.24.png
    243.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 2022-03-18_23.47.37.png
    2022-03-18_23.47.37.png
    314.5 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: BurntCrown8876

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
there are around 20 kits in Survival Games but only one is actually usefull which is Scout obviously.
I actually disagree I prefer the cannibal kit. It gives you full saturation after a kill which is really useful for 1v2's it basically gives you free healing while the scout kit is only useful for 2 minutes. With the cannibal kit I can go from player to player without having to eat and often winning fights by saturation.

Other examples: Lucky islands -> Diamond kit || Skywars -> Scout + Swordman || Eggwars -> Money bag + potion kit || Free For All -> Wizard + Beast. This is also the case in Blockwars OP mode where everyone is using Runner now
Do you have any suggestions for new kits or more balanced kits?

I'm not saying that having a lot of kits is bad but in this case it is becasue they're all useless and makes the game boring and repetitive which is why it's so easy for certain people to get a win in less than 3 minutes. It would also be way more interesting to have a tournament with a lot of variation so you will never know what your enemy will do which will basically mean that there will be more strategy in the game.
Even with 10 balanced kits there will always be one or two kits which are slightly better. In case of a tournament every advantage will be used to win. If you like to have more strategy Tower Defense is the way to go games like Skywars are very straight forward kill everyone and don't get cleaned.

People will probably kill me for saying this but Lucky Islands = Skywars Crazy mode the only difference is that you open lucky blocks instead of chests what makes them really similar to eachother.
I certainly don't agree with this the loot pool from Lucky Islands is not even close to the items in Skywars. There are many more different ways to kill someone in Lucky Islands Overpowered mode and it's so much more chaos and unpredictable things happening which require different handeling.

Eggwars is different but also kind of the same " be the last man standing and you win"
That's basically in every game you play :)

Community Games is by far the best thing on the server for me. And maybe the only thing that keeps me playing except from people where i voicechat with.
It's nice to hear you enjoy the Community Games playing with friends or meeting new people is always more fun than playing alone!

Reactions: Amazinq
D

Deleted member 347571

I actually disagree I prefer the cannibal kit. It gives you full saturation after a kill which is really useful for 1v2's it basically gives you free healing while the scout kit is only useful for 2 minutes. With the cannibal kit I can go from player to player without having to eat and often winning fights by saturation.
Well that still makes it 2 out of 20 or something, and i doubt you're able to do something against someone with speed at the start. Since you'd have to run far away to have a chance of surviving.

Do you have any suggestions for new kits or more balanced kits?
Yes but i will take my time to make them since i will be asking multiple people their opinions on these.

Some examples in EGG:
Builder: Getting a 3 x 3 platform every 10 seconds (max 3-5 in inventory)
Assassin: Takes less fall damage + deals +2 damage if you come in someone their back
Mage or Medic: Starts with 2 golden apples + gets a form of regen after a kill
Miner: Gets haste and gets one throwable TNT every 20 seconds

These are 5 examples of kits you can hae in Eggwars, you can keep balancing them until you have equal kits. There is a big staff-team to test these so i don't think it will be a problem.

For Blockwars it has already been balanced by @Andyyy and multiple people made threads to balance the kits, this is also the case for FFA.

Even with 10 balanced kits there will always be one or two kits which are slightly better. In case of a tournament every advantage will be used to win. If you like to have more strategy Tower Defense is the way to go games like Skywars are very straight forward kill everyone and don't get cleaned.
You could debuff the best one or slightly buff the rest, it takes time but it will pay off in the future.

I certainly don't agree with this the loot pool from Lucky Islands is not even close to the items in Skywars. There are many more different ways to kill someone in Lucky Islands Overpowered mode and it's so much more chaos and unpredictable things happening which require different handeling.
Ofcourse the items etc are different but it's still the same, you open chests instead of blocks.
Thats what i meant with "Skywars Crazy mode". Trying to make Lucky Islands and Skywars more different wouldn't hurt but everyone will have their opinion on that. :p

It's nice to hear you enjoy the Community Games playing with friends or meeting new people is always more fun than playing alone!
It is indeed nicer, i hope they will keep doing this in the future.

Biimmy

Apr 9, 2020
The kits in the games is one of the most important thing in the start of every game. But as longer you have been in a game, for example egg wars. You get more stacked and they are not useful enymore. I actually agree what Sam is saying about that you should remove some kits. The only kits that actually is useful (egg wars) in my mind for a longer time in the game is the feather falling kit and healer there you get 2 golden apples. One thing that you can add, is that you are able to change kit after you died. Something simular to the blockwars kit selction (villager). Because that whould be pretty useful if you chould go from example money bag to the feather feet kit.

Reactions: craftmechanics
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #49-
Domestic cats can run faster than Olympic medalist Usain Bolt. Top speed for a cat is about 30mph (48.28kmh), whereas Bolt's record is 27mph (43.45kmh).
Xi1m wrote on Mivke's profile.
hapi birthdasy!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Top Bottom