Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
I’m back with yet another controversial suggestion. Hope I don’t get forum banned this time.

Title, basically.

The java network is dying, it barely reaches 1000 players throughout the day (today, a saturday of july, when almost all the playerbase is on holidays) while the bedrock one averages 15k players.

It’s a waste of time and resources (money!) just to keep the java network running. All those resources are better spent on the bedrock server.

”But it’s nostalgic” or whatever. Yes, and? It’s a shadow of what it used to be (trust me, I have spent a lot of time playing here), it’s better to kill it off now and still have a somewhat nostalgic memory than let it die slowly.

What about ranks? All “donors” should be granted a vip level equivalent of their java rank, this could be done using a discord bot or whatever.

Bye

TnAdan_

Jul 13, 2020
Brazil
i mean, if compared to other servers its not that bad! its also really fun

maybe in a far future, but for now java is still quite active, fun and still gives cube some money with ranks and plus rank

h0pefulll

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
One reason I'd be on board with this would be for the new blocks, items, etc. that have been added since Java 1.12, which the Java server unfairly bottlenecks the Bedrock server to as well because of performance issues.

Another is Java's methods of monetisation. Though I haven't splurged any money playing on CubeCraft, I belive that the way Bedrock is monetised is superior to Java. I do not want to pay more than the price of a AAA game, when all I care about is voting hard on MinerWare, and not the limitless cosmetics or whatever. In comparison, Bedrock has ranks for each of its gamemodes that mare much cheaper, and offer relevant items for your desires.

HOWEVER,

Some people prefer the Java combat system (I don't).

Pretty much the only reason I care for the existence of Java CubeCraft is all of the gamemodes and maps that haven't been translated into Bedrock (there's a lot!) For example, Tower Defence, Among Slimes, the big team maps for Lucky Islands, the duos and trios maps for Lucky Islands, the trios maps for EggWars, Hard Mode MinerWare, dozens of MinerWare microgames, and I'm sure I'm barely scratching the surface. I want everything (related to games and gameplay) to be ported over from Java to Bedrock before I'm on board with the idea of culling Java.

Another issue with removing Java would be the inherent issue between the supported platforms on both versions. If this were to occur, Mac and Linux users would end up CubeCraft-less.
Also, because of the prevelance of mobile players on Bedrock who are more limited in their capabilities compared to their keyboard-and-mouse peers, Bedrock is generally easier, but some people will want to have a challenge. Sure, the challenge queue exists, but in my experience, it barely makes a difference. Another thing is that because of the lower skill floor, games on CubeCraft Bedrock will cater to that, very slightly. For example, on MinerWare Bedrock compared to Java, some microgames have slightly longer timers. Java, currently, has more novice players playing with the same control configuration, so it is more invitive for competitive players who like the challenge.
For me, I like both the playstyles in equal doses. Too much competitiveness and I get frustrated, too little and I get bored.

As mentioned above, I prefer Bedrock's monetisation methods over Java's, but that doesn't mean I like it. Navigating most UI, it is filled to the brim with advertisements, and products that you could own but currently don't.

Also, I kind of hate Bedrock's artstyle when it comes to these cosmetics, they just don't fit Minecraft, and I have yet to see any that I like visually, besides some neat concept.
Java has a grandiose array of more simple cosmetics that work with the limitations of Minecraft, and I much prefer them. (also you can get a lot of them for free)

When all of these issues are addressed on Bedrock, I'm down for the end of Java. Hence why I voted unsure.
my two cents

Last edited:

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
If only it actually reached 140% of what you claimed it barely reached 😢
A925E184-6EAB-464F-9748-473709B71EBB.jpeg

I honestly think Java is doing fine. Most games start, so that’s cool

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
I fully agree with this thread. Java is a waste of time and resources since the player count is so low. The highest player number I've seen on java this summer was 1.5k players, and that is only maintained for an hour before dropping sharply again. Right now, java cubecraft only peaks at around 1-1.5k players while bedrock easily reaches 10-20k players (even more in some cases). If you do some simple math, java gets only around 10% of what bedrock gets. A decent player count for java would be around 3-5k. Whenever I go on java, most gamemodes take forever to start and when they do actually start, only half of the game is filled up which takes away the nostalgic feel that java used to have, in which most gamemodes used to actually fill up and load in a minute or less. Poor decisions by the staff team such as removing gamemodes such as assassination, or removing the translation teams has caused a lot of players to leave cubecraft. With the current state of java, I highly doubt it will last for more than a year or two. In my opinion, cubecraft will end up like the hive, where they will close down java and be a bedrock only server, which is a good thing because cubecraft can use their profits to make bedrock a lot more fun and enjoyable since cubecraft will have extra money and resources to maintain bedrock, add new gamemodes, maps, etc.

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
Even though they are a small part of the player base, Java players are relatively a lot more involved in the community than bedrock players. By removing the Java networks, you remove a big chunk of the community, and I doubt if that makes it more fun for the bedrock players, even though they get more attention.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Wonder where you got that template from

Also please don’t kill the java network yet. It’s way too funny to meme about it. Until it’s actually dead.
What about ranks? All “donors” should be granted a vip level equivalent of their java rank, this could be done using a discord bot or whatever.
Though I’d swap my Emerald rank for a Bedrock vip rank any day.

Reactions: Silco

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m back with yet another controversial suggestion. Hope I don’t get forum banned this time.

Title, basically.

The java network is dying, it barely reaches 1000 players throughout the day (today, a saturday of july, when almost all the playerbase is on holidays) while the bedrock one averages 15k players.

It’s a waste of time and resources (money!) just to keep the java network running. All those resources are better spent on the bedrock server.

”But it’s nostalgic” or whatever. Yes, and? It’s a shadow of what it used to be (trust me, I have spent a lot of time playing here), it’s better to kill it off now and still have a somewhat nostalgic memory than let it die slowly.

Bye
While it's true that the Java Network is only a small shadow of what it used to be years ago, it still isn't dead at all. It used to peak over 20.000 players back in 2016, and it has lost a lot of players in the last 12 months since the closure of the 1.8 network, indeed. However, I don't think it should be closed, at least for now. Games still start, specially if you play SkyWars, EggWars, Lucky Islands or Duels. However, some other games such as BlockWars are dead and games take ages to start. We all miss the old days where SkyWars had thousands of players, but this is the reality now.

As @Egg🥚 stated, the Java players are a smaller part of the community, but we are much more active within the CubeCraft community and removing this player base would considerably damage even the Bedrock Network. Despite all the dificulties it is going through, Java is still my favourite Network so far and I hope it recovers some players in the next months. In case it doesn't, I guess we should just enjoy it until the closure becomes unavoidable, but it shouldn't be removed by now in any case, under my point of view.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
One reason I'd be on board with this would be for the new blocks, items, etc. that have been added since Java 1.12, which the Java server unfairly bottlenecks the Bedrock server to as well because of performance issues.

Another is Java's methods of monetisation. Though I haven't splurged any money playing on CubeCraft, I belive that the way Bedrock is monetised is superior to Java. I do not want to pay more than the price of a AAA game, when all I care about is voting hard on MinerWare, and not the limitless cosmetics or whatever. In comparison, Bedrock has ranks for each of its gamemodes that mare much cheaper, and offer relevant items for your desires.

HOWEVER,

Some people prefer the Java combat system (I don't).

Pretty much the only reason I care for the existence of Java CubeCraft is all of the gamemodes and maps that haven't been translated into Bedrock (there's a lot!) For example, Tower Defence, Among Slimes, the big team maps for Lucky Islands, the duos and trios maps for Lucky Islands, the trios maps for EggWars, Hard Mode MinerWare, dozens of MinerWare microgames, and I'm sure I'm barely scratching the surface. I want everything (related to games and gameplay) to be ported over from Java to Bedrock before I'm on board with the idea of culling Java.

Another issue with removing Java would be the inherent issue between the supported platforms on both versions. If this were to occur, Mac and Linux users would end up CubeCraft-less.
Also, because of the prevelance of mobile players on Bedrock who are more limited in their capabilities compared to their keyboard-and-mouse peers, Bedrock is generally easier, but some people will want to have a challenge. Sure, the challenge queue exists, but in my experience, it barely makes a difference. Another thing is that because of the lower skill floor, games on CubeCraft Bedrock will cater to that, very slightly. For example, on MinerWare Bedrock compared to Java, some microgames have slightly longer timers. Java, currently, has more novice players playing with the same control configuration, so it is more invitive for competitive players who like the challenge.
For me, I like both the playstyles in equal doses. Too much competitiveness and I get frustrated, too little and I get bored.

As mentioned above, I prefer Bedrock's monetisation methods over Java's, but that doesn't mean I like it. Navigating most UI, it is filled to the brim with advertisements, and products that you could own but currently don't.

Also, I kind of hate Bedrock's artstyle when it comes to these cosmetics, they just don't fit Minecraft, and I have yet to see any that I like visually, besides some neat concept.
Java has a grandiose array of more simple cosmetics that work with the limitations of Minecraft, and I much prefer them. (also you can get a lot of them for free)

When all of these issues are addressed on Bedrock, I'm down for the end of Java. Hence why I voted unsure.
my two cents
While I agree with all the changes you have purposed for the Bedrock network, I don't think Java should be closed for now until it's completely dead. It is completely playable for now (except some gamemodes), so I don't see why it should be shutted down by now.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
Even though they are a small part of the player base, Java players are relatively a lot more involved in the community than bedrock players.
The suggestions page tells a different story:
suggestion.PNG

By removing the Java networks, you remove a big chunk of the community
Too bad your staff team has already done that with the removal of the translations team.

and I doubt if that makes it more fun for the bedrock players, even though they get more attention.
How will it not be more fun for the bedrock players if you will have more resources if java shuts down? You guys can push more updates consistently on bedrock which will make players more happy and since it will have a lot of players, playing those new gamemodes or updates will be fun since the games will actually start with the player count fully filled unlike java where most of the time it starts with the player count less than half filled.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Too bad your staff team has already done that with the removal of the translations team.
Proportionally to the size of each community, Java players are much more active than Bedrock usual players. Even though you are right when you say shutting down Java would give more resources to the Bedrock Network, I don't think it would really make the difference. Bedrock actually receives more updates and resources for obvious reasons.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
Proportionally to the size of each community, Java players are much more active than Bedrock usual players.
Then explain the screenshot I posted.
Even though you are right when you say shutting down Java would give more resources to the Bedrock Network, I don't think it would really make the difference. Bedrock actually receives more updates and resources for obvious reasons.
You are right about bedrock getting more updates than java since bedrock has 10x the player count. There are some issues on bedrock that can be fixed sooner if java were to shut down and I'm pretty sure the only reason why java is still open is because of the amount of money they make off of bedrock. Java might still be slightly profitable today but nowhere near the amount it was a few years ago (particularly 2016-17).

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Then explain the screenshot I posted.
Ok, let's have a maths class. If Bedrock peaks at 25.000 players approx, and Java at 1.500 approx, the Bedrock community is 16 times bigger than the Java community more or less. In your screenshot there are 3 Java only suggestions, 7 Bedrock only suggestions and 3 all networks suggestions (this means they include Java and Bedrock). This means Bedrock has barely the double of exclusive suggestions than Java with 16 times more players. That's what "proportion" means. Also, if you ask on the forums where the most active users use to play, most will answer you Java, and occasionally Bedrock.

You are right about bedrock getting more updates than java since bedrock has 10x the player count. There are some issues on bedrock that can be fixed sooner if java were to shut down and I'm pretty sure the only reason why java is still open is because of the amount of money they make off of bedrock. Java might still be slightly profitable today but nowhere near the amount it was a few years ago (particularly 2016-17).
That's right, bugs would get fixed quicker and it would get more updates, but what about all those loyal players that still keep the Java server alive? They are probably the most valuable players within the Network. Also, shutting down your oldest server and the server with more maps and gamemodes isn't something that can be decided in a couple of days because it lost players, at least while it's still minimally profitable or it doesn't suppose you a considerable lose of money. That depends on CubeCraft as they are an enterprise and their objective is to earn money, not to lose it.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
This means Bedrock has barely the double of exclusive suggestions than Java with 16 times more players. That's what "proportion" means
I see what you're trying to say but bedrock has a lot of little kids that won't know how to use the forums or don't even know that it exists, which is why there isn't significantly more bedrock suggestions than there already is. However, this does not change the fact that there is still more bedrock suggestions than java.
Also, if you ask on the forums where the most active users use to play, most will answer you Java, and occasionally Bedrock.
Alright, I have done that on my main profile page. Lets see if you are right or not.
but what about all those loyal players that still keep the Java server alive? They are probably the most valuable players within the Network.
Whenever I go into ffa on cubecraft (the gamemode with the most players in java), all I see is people mostly arguing about whos better in a 1v1 or not, "u suck u haxx noob!!!", and other childish things. Also, I know for a fact that most of them (if not all of them), are not active in the forums or discord, so I'm not exactly sure how they are valuable players. The ones that were actually dedicated to java don't play on java nearly as much as they used to or have left the community. As for other gamemodes, it either doesn't start up forever and the ones that do (such as solo skywars), I guarantee you won't see any of well known forum members from here.
Also, shutting down your oldest server and the server with more maps and gamemodes isn't something that can be decided in a couple of days because it lost players
It has been losing players for a long time but this year it has been losing more players more sharply than it ever was. The removal of assassinations and translations team (as I previously said) are one of the reasons why java cubecraft is dying harder than it already was. While you are right about deciding to do a big thing takes a very long time, If this rate of decline continues to persist, then I think java will actually be shut down sooner than most people anticipate.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

ElFlxen_ wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats, pro!
SlinkyGnu05604 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Welcome back to the staff team!
SlinkyGnu05604 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!
SlinkyGnu05604 wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats!
Vorealys wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations!! 🥳
And to think that I met you when you were just a baby

1713556170222.png
Top Bottom