Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is the described situation considered cross teaming and as such banable?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

de_avesta

Jul 12, 2015
So i had a question about how exactly cube craft defines cross teaming, specifically in egg wars. While everyone agrees on the obvious "Lets not kill each other and focus (insert team color here)" example and almost everyone agrees on the "Lets focus (insert team color here), but i will still go for you if i get the chance" example, the situation gets strange when a big fight starts up on one teams island. The following situation came up in the game i just finished and casued me to write this post seeking others opinions.

myself and 2 others all on diffrent teams and been pvping and because i cant use a sword had retreated my way onto a fourth teams (blue's) island, at this point blue was the only team with an egg but they only had one person at base, making it a 1v1v1v1 on blue. I imidiatly boxed myself in and strated breaking blues egg, was discovered by one of my 2 original presuiers and promptly ignored by them because I was killing blues egg (in their best interest) after that, the blue and the other of the 2 died while myself and the persone who found me on the egg both left through diffrent bridges as to not risk dieing. Then in global chat the blue and the other dead person both started fliping out that the 2 of us were cross teaming, In my opinion we did nothing wrong and if the situatuions had been reversed i would had let him break the egg. After they did the thing where they make a big show out sayiung i was getting reported they both left the game and i went on to barely win the game.

Now that i think back i have done some prety boarder line crossteaming things over my past 4 years playing eggwars but I believe that all of them has been acceptable such as giving blocks to a person stuck under middle on tea party or teling other teams i wont kill their egg for 5 minutes if they give me a stack of steak and other silly things like that. So I jest want to see how others feel on the issue.

Reactions: CubeTale and Sophie

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
The rules of the server are criminally vague, meaning a lot of situations tend to be judged on a case-by-case basis (the only alternative would be to make the rules so detailed you'd need a legal professional to step in for every report). I don't think you have anything to worry about though. Deciding not to attack another player surely does not constitute "teaming", otherwise almost everybody on the server would be banned. I avoid plenty of unnecessary fights myself, especially when my opponent is actively helping me win by eliminating the competition.

A general rule of thumb is that if you haven't agreed to team with another player, you're not breaking the rules. You cannot be forced to attack every player you happen to cross paths with.

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
I think it should be like this:

Teaming is when you and another player ( not in your team) stands besides each other while there isn’t anyone else and just don’t attack each other. And you both know that the other player is nearby.

Or when you together fights against 1 player so it becomes an 2v1.

If you give loot to your opponent.

If you guys thinks I missed something, just tell me then.

Members Online

Team online

• Camezonda
    Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on matmat's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D If you need help just dm me or other staff and we will be happy to help you. ^-^
Reesle wrote on matmat's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! :)
You’re cool for joining 😎
UncleSpect wrote on Desiderata's profile.
henlo haha
UncleSpect wrote on MarkDeEngeMan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow mark! 🎈
anyone with admin/server mod skills and experience inncreating a discord server hmu it's for a project related to fhg (hope this isn't advertising bc it's gonna be cubecraft related either way)
Top Bottom