Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
For solutions, I think that there should be player orientated polls or such, or review threads. And possibly,
having most devs working on one thing at a time.

So here is the issue with "devs working on one thing a time" if we wanted a developer on every project simultaneously we would need 43 developers, or to decrease the number of products out there. That's also not including the number of people we would have to increase in testing, design and other supporting departments.

B

Britney Spears

I don't know to be honest, as much as I'd like to see Cubecraft getting back on track again, I think they've really reached their peak a while ago.

For me, Cubecraft used to have that "Je ne sais quoi" that only Cubecraft had, it was the only server that gave me that experience/feeling, but now, it has certainly lost that due to a mix of things that just made Cubecraft go downhill really fast. I'm not a huge fan of "always stay optimistic" and "everything will be fine" so I'll be real here, if Cubecraft wants to have the popularity they had approximately 2 years ago, they really need to step up their game in terms of a lot of things, things such as frequent updates, getting more involved with the community etc.

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
So here is the issue with "devs working on one thing a time" if we wanted a developer on every project simultaneously we would need 43 developers, or to decrease the number of products out there. That's also not including the number of people we would have to increase in testing, design and other supporting departments.
How about expanding the current development team. The Jr. DEV project would suit perfectly well for this.

Reactions: Sophie

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Ac

Actually 2.0 was a big win for us. The amount of change that happened in the background for 2.0 is the reason why we could keep up with growth from an infrastructure point of view. Sometimes "shiny" updates also include a lot of boring things that mean we can do more in the future.
Sure, it may have changed a lot of great things on your side. But to be honest, it ended up pretty crap for us, and even now we're getting games like TNT Trouble which, frankly, are rather boring - not to offend anybody who worked on it, as it is quite a feat to create such a game.

QuikMiner

Jul 31, 2016
Merrillville, Indiana
www.youtube.com
Sure, it may have changed a lot of great things on your side. But to be honest, it ended up pretty crap for us, and even now we're getting games like TNT Trouble which, frankly, are rather boring - not to offend anybody who worked on it, as it is quite a feat to create such a game.
As staff members have said countless times
Island games are in BETA and may undergo changes without any notice - meaning the game will probably be better on release. Just be patient :)

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I believe these are the two most significant reasons why cubecraft is no longer the biggest server anymore, A. it is hosted in the UK aka far away from US where most players live, and B. it is 1.9 PvP and with all due respect it gets boring after a while and isn't very set up for most pvp scenarios, Full prot 4 diamond fights take centuries on 1.9 however you need an inventory of instant health pots to make the fight more interesting on 1.8

someone1234567890

May 6, 2016
The whole server needs a comeplete redo. The new TNT game seems interesting, but it's short, boring, and feels like UHC with a twist. A good place to start would be the forums, or the rules more specifically. Another thing to work on would be admin's actually giving a final say on suggestions, because right now it's mostly /report suggestions or /rejoin.
I agree. its now one of the best servers! then it will become more better!

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
As staff members have said countless times
Island games are in BETA and may undergo changes without any notice - meaning the game will probably be better on release. Just be patient :)
babes
they don't release a PUBLIC ALPHA then COMPLETELY CHANGE THE GAME randomly. The game is not going to change drastically, they've released it, it's a flop, it's not going to bounce back.

D

Deleted member 169486

I believe these are the two most significant reasons why cubecraft is no longer the biggest server anymore, A. it is hosted in the UK aka far away from US where most players live, and B. it is 1.9 PvP and with all due respect it gets boring after a while and isn't very set up for most pvp scenarios, Full prot 4 diamond fights take centuries on 1.9 however you need an inventory of instant health pots to make the fight more interesting on 1.8
France* And servers can't stay in 1.8 forever.

Reactions: Facelurite

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
France* And servers can't stay in 1.8 forever.
If you go to the store and scroll all the way to the bottom it says "Registered office 21 Broad Street, Bury, BL9 0DA, United Kingdom" that is where all the donations are sent to i'd assume. Also you would be surprised, 1.7-1.8.9 are the only versions Potion, gapple, combo, NoDebuff, BuildUHC, etc work on, also the game UHC does not work on 1.9 as well as 1.8, the bow becomes even more overpowered. 1.9 was created to make Survival mode more difficult, 1.9 was a mistake and cubecraft seems to be the only server not to recognize this. 1.8 servers can use plugins to be 1.8 pvp still and use new blocks, bug fixes etc from new versions.

D

Deleted member 169486

If you go to the store and scroll all the way to the bottom it says "Registered office 21 Broad Street, Bury, BL9 0DA, United Kingdom" that is where all the donations are sent to i'd assume. Also you would be surprised, 1.7-1.8.9 are the only versions Potion, gapple, combo, NoDebuff, BuildUHC, etc work on, also the game UHC does not work on 1.9 as well as 1.8, the bow becomes even more overpowered. 1.9 was created to make Survival mode more difficult, 1.9 was a mistake and cubecraft seems to be the only server not to recognize this. 1.8 servers can use plugins to be 1.8 pvp still and use new blocks, bug fixes etc from new versions.
Staff have confirmed more then once the server is hosted in France. Also, I have no idea what your saying after that.

F

Facelurite

Staff have confirmed more then once the server is hosted in France. Also, I have no idea what your saying after that.
1.9 is flawed and is bad , however 1.8 is far worse. Knockback is broken in 1.8 and of course prot 4 is hard to kill - not defending it , I absolutely despise how badly strength and sharpness were nerfed . It is hell to kill prot 4 which is why i dont play OP FFA .

Although 1.9 gets boring after a while for you , for a lot of us it doesnt . I personally like 1.9 although it could be a million times better , 1.11 combat changes were a step in the rigt direction

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Your suggestions :
- Focus on non-skywars related games
- Change the outcome of TNT Trouble
- Have a common "cubecraft" theme throughout the lobbies
- Improve vanity and overall look and feel of the games to make them cleaner.

I agree with your suggestions, can you expand on how you would improve TNT Trouble ? I have my own ideas too but I'd like to hear yours.
Could you make a list of specific changes you would make to make the games cleaner, or simply what you would change.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

xHappyMood wrote on Eli's profile.
happy birthday eli
BurgerCat13 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday fellow dragon enthusiast 🐉
Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Top Bottom