Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Honestly, the new style of lobby ruined CubeCraft for me. What about the old hub with the bridge? If they brought that back I would be so happy. And the old EggWars, Team Skywars and Skywars lobbies were amazing - now they are okay, but not as good as they used to be. The new ones just simply don't feel as CubeCraft as they used to.

Reactions: Despacito 2

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
But this is stuff made from scratch.
And it took WAY longer to make CS: GO than just two days but I get your point
I mean, you go ahead and try to make a better server with more players and sales. Then come back and tell me I'm a doofus :)
I don't need to because I have much better things to do in life. Not to mention, I'm sure many jobs in life will get me a higher salary.
Like I said, quality over quantity.
No one cares if everything is made from scratch if all the products are horrible.
"Oh they work so hard, give them a break." "You need to be in their place son, so hush."
I work plenty of hours in irl things such as jobs, are you saying those don't count?
I do plenty of school projects that take time, but no one cares if I worked for 40 hours or if I worked for 10 if the
result of the 10 hr project looks better. Not everything will get you better.

For solutions, I think that there should be player orientated polls or such, or review threads. And possibly,
having most devs working on one thing at a time.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

xDarkDiamond

Sep 9, 2017
@QuikMiner I think that it is a good point, But at the same time you act like this reset would be something the devs would have no influence over. Im sure that any major action such as a revamp of the majority or all of the games would be talked about with the devs. I dont really think they would just throw it away without consulting the devs first lol. And besides, plenty of things that you work on eventually need to be revamped and improved. If they continue to work on it, but they feel its not as good or as worthwhile as before, then the effect and pride in that work is lost. Would you really rather hold on to what you had and work on it, if you feel that it isnt as good as it used to be, or move onto something that you think would be better.

Reactions: Thiemo

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
@QuikMiner I think that it is a good point, But at the same time you act like this reset would be something the devs would have no influence over. Im sure that any major action such as a revamp of the majority or all of the games would be talked about with the devs. I dont really think they would just throw it away without consulting the devs first lol. And besides, plenty of things that you work on eventually need to be revamped and improved. If they continue to work on it, but they feel its not as good or as worthwhile as before, then the effect and pride in that work is lost. Would you really rather hold on to what you had and work on it, if you feel that it isnt as good as it used to be, or move onto something that you think would be better.
Indeed, it's not that they're throwing away everything they ever created, they just improve the things they made years ago. It's just a job that has to be done once in a while. You can't just stay at old things, they are called 'old' for a reason.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pretty problems? That's not what I am talking about. Yeah, there are some pretty problems as well, you're completely right. But the whole game design isn't a pretty problem? I mean, game balancing is one thing, but game design is a whole different problem here. Look at the games you can play at CubeCraft, they're pretty similar to each other and most of them do not add things that make the game stand out. I played a few games of Lucky Islands today, just to get the feeling back of how it plays, and it feels so outdated. Like the kits, they're pretty useless, and they do not add anything to the game currently. I feel like kits should make a difference when you're playing games, otherwise you could just remove the kits since the game isn't any different with them. I mean, why add features that do not add anything useful to the game? That's what I mean with game design. Make kits more useful, make them upgradeable, just make them, in general, a thing to look forward to grind for.
This might sound a little bit rude towards some of you, but as stated above my thread, it's just my opinion, so I am pointing it out in the clearest way and just pointing straight to the facts. This is because I think it's such a shame to see CubeCraft just going down hill.
I agree that there are some problems, but kits definitely won't solve this problem. For example, memepixel's Fritz's urban tribal games. This game is basically impossible for new players because they don't own a good kit. Also Cubecraft is there for all players! (@hub3rt I changed my mind) not only for the tryharders and nolifers, but also for new people and people who play for around 3 years and still don't know how to PvP properly. However, I have to say that I agree with better game structures. However, is a new game always better? I don't think so. I highly prefer the old arcade above the new one (I have already made a thread about it, but I couldn't find a link to the thread) Lucky Islands is definitely outdated, but it isn't it more a fun and luck-based game than a perfect PvP game?
"Oh cmon be in that person's shoes."
Of course, you can argue that they spend so much time. Now my question is who cares about the hours?
If a person worked for 1000000 hours and made pong compared to a guy who worked 48 hours to create CS:GO which is greater?
Quality or quantity
Also if you talk about CSGO and Pong. CSGO is indeed way better, but you have to look at the time the game has been made. Without Pong, there wouldn't have been CSGO! I do prefer a Pong-based game on the Wii above CSGO (I just don't like shooting games)

Reactions: Thiemo

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Cubecraft 2.0 was the turning point for the server. It went from having good lobbies, good staff and good games to having broken Creative, SkyBlock, and Factions. They tried to replace creative with some rubbish like Housing on a different server - we don't want that.
also parkour was bae what did you do
I waited for Maze forever.

Reactions: Despacito 2
L

Lightning McQueen

There's a revamp of a lot of things coming. New hub, new games, new ranks, new loot... It's quite exciting :p
Please tell me the hub isnt what snap suggested. It would be better if we had a 'global' hub , themed after the many biomes and countries - skyscrapers , deserts , pyramids .

And btw , releasing the hub along with a game or full 1.12 would symbolize change. Maybe people will start playing

Reactions: D0RIAN

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
new ranks
image.gif

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
There's a revamp of a lot of things coming. New hub, new games, new ranks, new loot... It's quite exciting :p
I've heard this before, or is it a real change this time? If yes, quite exciting. Hope that you guys take your time creating the update. Would be a shame if it turns out the same as CCG 2.0 did. And I really, really, really hope you get rid of the motivation of "we're trying to be original", that spirit is the spirit that almost killed the server, and it sounds like an excuse of creating something new.

D

Deleted member 169486

I've heard this before, or is it a real change this time? If yes, quite exciting. Hope that you guys take your time creating the update. Would be a shame if it turns out the same as CCG 2.0 did. And I really, really, really hope you get rid of the motivation of "we're trying to be original", that spirit is the spirit that almost killed the server, and it sounds like an excuse of creating something new.
Original =/= Boring, unless your on Cubecraft it seems. Lots of other servers have skywars, but they have a twist to make it stand out. Cubecraft skywars is bland and basic.

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Ac
hah cubecraft 3.0

well look at how cubecraft 2.0 turned out

ALSO IF YOU ARE GETTING RID OF IRON-OBSIDIAN I WILL KILL YOU
LIKE ACTUALLY
Actually 2.0 was a big win for us. The amount of change that happened in the background for 2.0 is the reason why we could keep up with growth from an infrastructure point of view. Sometimes "shiny" updates also include a lot of boring things that mean we can do more in the future.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Ac

Actually 2.0 was a big win for us. The amount of change that happened in the background for 2.0 is the reason why we could keep up with growth from an infrastructure point of view. Sometimes "shiny" updates also include a lot of boring things that mean we can do more in the future.
My main gripe with 2.0 is how long it took to get to certain signboards, lol. Still think 2.1 was the best update for the server. #OldCCG!!1!!!1!1@@@

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

xHappyMood wrote on Eli's profile.
happy birthday eli
BurgerCat13 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday fellow dragon enthusiast 🐉
Xi1m wrote on Eli's profile.
oh noes
happy late birthday eli!!!!
Xi1m wrote on eddytheeagle88's profile.
if youre a partner on the discord server, shouldnt you also be partner on here?
Malek_kh wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🌹
Top Bottom