Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
This really isn't suggestion rather than more of a rant thread, so I decided to put it here. I don't really have any solutions; some of the problems on the server run pretty deep. I'll try organizing my thoughts, but really I'm just kinda typing as I go, so I'll reorganize some things later.

RECENT UPDATE
The Easter update is cute, sure. But taking a look at what games got maps, they're literally the 3 games that need the least help. Eggwars, the Cubecraft staple, gets so much more attention than it needs, and the attention that it gets is misplaced and half decent at best (will get into it later). But Lucky Islands got an update a few months ago (January iirc) and the Skywars update late last year was little more than a visual fix, which didn't address the loot table, which has become a rampant complaint in the community as of late. The last update really targeted the wrong issue. But overall, these 3 games are easily the ones that DO NOT need help compared to the others.

Tower Defense was given one update after it's introduction early last year. The lobbies take forever to fill and the game has gone stale, especially considering I've played it dozens of times over on the Chunk prior to its Cubecraft release. The Wither mob does little to influence the game given its gridlock-able nature due to its long play time, and the update as a whole was more balance oriented, changing costs and adding the Witch. Nothing standout there. Minerware has seen little changes, despite its pretty recent update late last year. New microgames and maps? There's easily potential for new modes. I'm surprised and honestly kind of shocked that the modifiers from the Chunk didn't carry over. These could have easily been implemented as sub gamemodes, which at least would have added something new to the game. Blockband has turned out to be a real lame duck, considering the lobby I was in a few hours ago had 1 one other player. The boring nature of a music game in Minecraft basically killed this game. Combined with the ridiculously expensive themes costing 60K vanity points each turned this game into a niche designed for players with A LOT of time on their hands. PvP duels are still fine, but Assassins has seemed to have died out. I rarely see it get any more attention despite pleas from Assassins players mid-last year begging for a solution to the hacker problem. Ever since I think its been ignored and kind of left to die, similarly to Money Walls. The last update was nothing but a balance change, with the nerfing of some potions and a coin exchanger. And of course, who could forget Arcade? Apparently everyone, considering how obsolete it seems to have become. Looking through the forums, apparently, the last Arcade update was in May of 2015. 2 YEARS AGO. Does this not seem ridiculous to anyone else? The one collection of games that hasn't been updated for 2 years deserves no attention, but apparently the most popular game on the server needs a maintenance/visual update every 2 months.

There is SO MUCH untapped potential in all of these games (bar Blockband, I don't see it every becoming mainstream or popular), yet for some reason every recent update has been disappointing with the same dang update of the same dang game that DOESN'T NEED ATTENTION! I don't understand why Cubecraft seems to keep games it never does anything with.

What upsets me the most is that many members of the community HAVE come up with pretty brilliant ideas to improve EVERY GAME that's listed above (even Blockband!). I haven't seen any recent ideas for Assassins, but looking through the threads, the last Assassins update was essentially all suggested by the community. When we come up with things that actually have potential, it would be erroneous to ignore us. Yes, I'm sure you all read every suggestion thread blah blah blah. But why not take 2 minutes to write a reply w/ your thoughts and show you actually value our ideas (will be elaborated on later.) I'll be linking some notable suggestions in the future.

MISPLACED PRIORITIES

NEW FEATURE DISDAIN

Decided to do this segment next because this should really be next. It's become a common thread on the server that new-features seemed very *excuse me* a waste of time.

Before everyone lynches me for disrespecting the staff team, I have multiple examples that you can either agree with or disagree with, but because these features gained noteriety and negative feedback VERY quickly, these are all worth mentioning.

Blockband: Easily Cubecraft's worst performing game popularity wise. I played ONE round since its release on this server; it got boring within the first minute of playing by myself. The lack of Blockband following has irreperably damaged this game. The reasons? Just inherent nature of a music game is Minecraft first of all was just concieved horribly. The lack of Stone aesthetic features doesn't help either.

Creative: Although the new update was a step in the right direction, the initial release of Creative was disappointing beyond belief compared to how crazily advertised it was. I was a really pathetic excuse of a Creative server considering that
1). The initial plot is no bigger than my desk
2). The costs for bigger plots grew exponentially larger than the U.S national debt
3). The plots were about as deep as a kiddie pool
4). Lack of WorldEdit
5). Disgustingly unproductive chat that was spammed by advertisements
6). How ridiculously buggy it was

What shocked me was that this was the result of A YEAR'S WORTH A WORK.
A YEAR. Are you kidding me? I would expect that Creative would have absolutely blown every other server off the map considering how long it's been in maintenance. Not even mentioning that Parkour, Skyblock, and Factions hasn't even been on the radar and still isn't (what us players have been told).
Like seriously

Speed Eggwars: Ahhahaha this abomination of a gamemode
I don't feel the need to explain this because I'll link Build's rant thread about this.
Great idea. Badly executed.

Anticheat: Oh, Sentinel. I had such high hopes, but nope.
Personally I haven't had problems with it, but considering right after it's release
1). THE DARN THING CAN'T BAN ON THE SPOT. This is the entire point of the Anticheat, TO BAN PLAYERS BEFORE THEY RUIN AN 8 YEAR OLD'S GAME. You might as well replace this with an army of staff considering that's basically all this is.
2). Apparently false bans have been very common with this anticheat. Again, no problems myself, but there have been an abundance of threads plaguing the forums.
3). It still needs time to recognize and learn player movements?
After more than a year? Ugh.

We'll wait for quality features. But the current trend is really demoralizing considering how subpar these have been.

COMMUNITY

Last edited:

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
The boring nature of a music game in Minecraft basically killed this game. Combined with the ridiculously expensive themes costing 60K vanity points each turned this game into a niche designed for players with A LOT of time on their hands.
Well its designed after guitar hero , it dosent help that GH is obsolete, had cubecraft created it when it was super popular (which cubecraft didnt exist then) it mightive been more successful
2). Apparently false bans have been very common with this anticheat. Again, no problems myself, but there have been an abundance of threads plaguing the forums.
the thing that really triggers me is the threads about being banned, but come to find out they were butterfly clicking, why does this trigger me? Because it reminds me the anticheat is set to stun not to kill, it seems to be set up to record based on speed not consistency
4). Lack of WorldEdit
5). Disgustingly unproductive chat that was spammed by advertisements
6). How ridiculously buggy it was
this is no longer the case

The last big update fixed numerous bugs ive actually havent run into one yet,

The chat is alot more quiet

World edit was added last update
MISPLACED PRIORITIES
*cough* party system *cough*
Looking through the forums, apparently, the last Arcade update was in May of 2015. 2 YEARS AGO.
Arcades arent really popular on any server anymore
1). THE DARN THING CAN'T BAN ON THE SPOT
Yet

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Well its designed after guitar hero , it dosent help that GH is obsolete, had cubecraft created it when it was super popular (which cubecraft didnt exist then) it mightive been more successful
I disagree. A passive gamemode with little multiplayer functionality is doomed from the start.
the thing that really triggers me is the threads about being banned, but come to find out they were butterfly clicking, why does this trigger me? Because it reminds me the anticheat is set to stun not to kill, it seems to be set up to record based on speed not consistency
Please give me substantial examples.
this is no longer the case
Not my point. I don't want to play on a server that pushes out subpar material just to add more material. The only great thing I've seen in the past month is the new lobby (great work build team)
The last big update fixed numerous bugs ive actually havent run into one yet,
Same as above
The chat is alot more quiet
B/c no one plays a crappy Creative
World edit was added last update
Two points above
Arcades arent really popular on any server anymore
Say that to Mineplex's Mixed Arcade, easily one of the most popular games in recent months.
Short action packed games are appealing; the Arcade is just so run down and abandoned no one cares for it. It's been more or less replaced by Minerware.
Yet[/QUOTE]

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Please give me substantial examples.
when the anticheat was released butterfly click was made punishable because it set it off, butterfly click is a form a very fast clicking, but if you go to woofless old series on tracking down hackers, the anticheat on cosmic pvp seems to alert staff when the CPS is constant or basically if you clicked at say 8 clicks per second but it never changed from 8, than their anticheat would alert staff, here it seems if someones clicking really fast it logs them for a ban

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
when the anticheat was released butterfly click was made punishable because it set it off, butterfly click is a form a very fast clicking, but if you go to woofless old series on tracking down hackers, the anticheat on cosmic pvp seems to alert staff when the CPS is constant or basically if you clicked at say 8 clicks per second but it never changed from 8, than their anticheat would alert staff, here it seems if someones clicking really fast it logs them for a ban
Substantial, specific examples.
I didn't ask for an explanation, I know what it is.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday Kloska!!! 🦆 🔥 🐉
UncleSpect wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Klosk! 🎈
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
Top Bottom