Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
As someone who used to play on Mineplex, I am curious what you guys thought of the server before it shut down last year
Mineplex was once a popular Java server, but it became less popular over the years, which might’ve been partially caused by the release of Hypixel. On Bedrock, Mineplex was a lot more popular with around thousands of players, but the server had some flaws
This discussion is for both Bedrock and Java
  • What was your opinion on Mineplex before it shut down? What did you enjoy and/or not enjoy about the server?
  • Did you play Mineplex on Bedrock or Java Edition?
  • Feel free to share any experiences you’ve had on Mineplex
  • What was your favorite Mineplex game? Did you have more than one favorite? Feel free to mention any least favorite games
  • What is your opinion on Mineplex returning? Do you have any theories about it?
I played Mineplex on Bedrock edition. Despite its flaws and lack of updates, it was a decent server, and there were some games on it that I enjoyed. These games included Turf Wars, Mixed Arcade, Skyfall, Mob Arena, Speed Builders, and Cake Wars. Mixed Arcade and Skyfall were removed with the release of the new City lobby, and they only came around rarely for the Holiday Game Rotation (Not sure what it was called). Turf Wars was a fun game; if you don’t know what Turf Wars is, it’s similar to the Hive’s Ground Wars. Turf Wars helped me improve at archery in Minecraft. Skyfall was a good game, too. I liked using an elytra and flying through the boost rings. I wasn’t the best at fighting, but I think what I enjoyed was mainly the flying around to various floating islands and looting chests. There was also Cake Wars, which might’ve been the most popular game on the server. It’s kind of like EggWars or BedWars but with a cake, and the way you could get access to emeralds or nether stars in the game was unique with the beacons. In addition, Speed Builders was a fun game where you’re shown a build for a certain number of seconds and you have to replicate it. Also, I played Mob Arena sometimes, and I once made it really far in the game. It was an engaging experience, but sometimes there was a bug where the last mob to find seemingly didn’t exist.
Mineplex seemed to not have the best hacker reporting system, and I’d encountered the occasional hacker in Cake Wars which isn’t fun. Also, I’d played some Creative Housing on Mineplex, and I’ll say that it might have been the buggiest game on the server.
Mineplex’s loot system was cool in my opinion; the Gadgets and Morphs were very interesting features.
As for Mineplex’s return, I’d heard about it but not lately at all. I had heard that it might return under a different name

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
I didn't play a lot of Mineplex, but I enjoyed the little bit that I played.

Their Speed Builders and Master Builders were perfect, the classic Build Battle but in bedrock, CakeWars was different but entertaining, their Housing a very strange place hahaha

Mineplex was an intermediate between Hive due to the style of its games, and Lifeboat due to the classic style of the server (few or no 3D models, and custom assets). Mineplex will return to be a network so that other studios and allied developers can publish their games, a kind of "Host" of infrastructure for game modes, currently there are some studios that are in charge of making Mineplex games, such as "Plexverse" (Which, by the way, I am a builder for that studio) they are making Skywars and Microbattles.

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
I didn't play a lot of Mineplex, but I enjoyed the little bit that I played.

Their Speed Builders and Master Builders were perfect, the classic Build Battle but in bedrock, CakeWars was different but entertaining, their Housing a very strange place hahaha

Mineplex was an intermediate between Hive due to the style of its games, and Lifeboat due to the classic style of the server (few or no 3D models, and custom assets). Mineplex will return to be a network so that other studios and allied developers can publish their games, a kind of "Host" of infrastructure for game modes, currently there are some studios that are in charge of making Mineplex games, such as "Plexverse" (Which, by the way, I am a builder for that studio) they are making Skywars and Microbattles.
That is interesting to hear! Also, it’s very cool that you are a builder for Plexverse

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
As someone who used to play on Mineplex, I am curious what you guys thought of the server before it shut down last year
Mineplex was once a popular Java server, but it became less popular over the years, which might’ve been partially caused by the release of Hypixel. On Bedrock, Mineplex was a lot more popular with around thousands of players, but the server had some flaws
  • What was your opinion on Mineplex before it shut down? What did you enjoy and/or not enjoy about the server?
  • What was your favorite Mineplex game? Did you have more than one favorite? Feel free to mention any least favorite games
  • What is your opinion on Mineplex returning? Do you have any theories about it?
I played Mineplex on Bedrock edition. Despite its flaws and lack of updates, it was a decent server, and there were some games on it that I enjoyed. These games included Turf Wars, Mixed Arcade, Skyfall, Mob Arena, Speed Builders, and Cake Wars. Mixed Arcade and Skyfall were removed with the release of the new City lobby, and they only came around rarely for the Holiday Game Rotation (Not sure what it was called). Turf Wars was a fun game; if you don’t know what Turf Wars is, it’s similar to the Hive’s Ground Wars. Turf Wars helped me improve at archery in Minecraft. Skyfall was a good game, too. I liked using an elytra and flying through the boost rings. I wasn’t the best at fighting, but I think what I enjoyed was mainly the flying around to various floating islands and looting chests. There was also Cake Wars, which might’ve been the most popular game on the server. It’s kind of like EggWars or BedWars but with a cake, and the way you could get access to emeralds or nether stars in the game was unique with the beacons. In addition, Speed Builders was a fun game where you’re shown a build for a certain number of seconds and you have to replicate it. Also, I played Mob Arena sometimes, and I once made it really far in the game. It was an engaging experience, but sometimes there was a bug where the last mob to find seemingly didn’t exist.
Mineplex seemed to not have the best hacker reporting system, and I’d encountered the occasional hacker in Cake Wars which isn’t fun. Also, I’d played some Creative Housing on Mineplex, and I’ll say that it might have been the buggiest game on the server.
Mineplex’s loot system was cool in my opinion; the Gadgets and Morphs were very interesting features.
As for Mineplex’s return, I’d heard about it but not lately at all. I had heard that it might return under a different name
For me and my friends, Mineplex used to be a server we’d play on for maybe a week at a time every couple months. We’d always play it on Bedrock. It was fun, but definitely not better than Cubecraft or Hive. Extreme amounts of hackers on there. My favorites games were Cake Wars, Hide and Seek, and Mob Arena.

lorilambthecoolgamer

Novice Member
Oct 28, 2023
I played it on bedrock, and I loved cake wars. I switched to cc before the shutdown, but was still sad.

Reactions: CrystalLegend01

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Mineplex was the first server I played on Bedrock. CubeCraft wasn't out on Bedrock at the time. I enjoyed their server even after I made the switch to CubeCraft. I mained the server on two different occasions: 2017-2019, the time when CubeCraft wasn't out/didn't have team games and 2021-2023, when I switched after the knockback update released in January 2021 on CubeCraft.

As an OG player of that server, I had so many favorite games on Mineplex: Cake Wars, SkyWars, Survival Games, Gladiators (Part of Mixed Arcade), Dragon Escape (Also part of Mixed Arcade), and Mob Arena.

I was very upset when the server shut down, as it has happened after summer vacation started for me and I was at level 97, 3 levels away from reaching max level. At the time I had no where to play, so I played other games until CubeCraft announced that 1.19 update beta has started, so I gave CubeCraft another chance and they have fixed the issue I had with the server. The same fix got applied to the public server as well during that time, which is when I finally made my return to the server.

I'm very happy that Mineplex is coming back, but I don't think I'm going to main it, I will be going back and forth between CubeCraft and Mineplex.

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
Mineplex might have been the very first Java server I have ever played! It might been around 2014 when I played it for the first time and it was really fun! After I heard about Mineplex being deleted, I wasn't that surprized since it had usually less than 200 players online on Java network.

There were a lot of good gamemodes, but I had 3 gamemodes that I liked the most. I'm not sure about the name of these gamemodes, but in one gamemode there were blue and red team, and both teams had to protect their side by covering it with wool structures. Everytime someone died, that team's side got smaller and the game ended when other site disappeared completely.
Then there was this one gamemode where you had to capture forts and kill enemies. There were a lot of different kits where you could choose from too!
And the third gamemode what I used to play the most was called "Super Smash Mobs". There were a lot of different mobs you could choose from to play with, and I remember that sheep was the most rare mob to get for some reason 😂. Every mob had different abilities what they had to use in order to win the game.

I'm happy that they are working hard for Mineplex to return, but I wont start playing it again, because I only play newer version of Minecraft Java. And the pvp used to be way different from what it's now.

CrystalLegend01

Jul 23, 2023
United States 🇺🇸
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm not sure about the name of these gamemodes, but in one gamemode there were blue and red team, and both teams had to protect their side by covering it with wool structures. Everytime someone died, that team's side got smaller and the game ended when other site disappeared completely.
The gamemode you are referring to with the red and blue team was Turf Wars; it was on Mineplex Bedrock too; it was a game I enjoyed and might have been my most-won game

Thank you for your response! And same to the others that replied

Reactions: Loskol and Reesle

Amacchi

Mar 2, 2023
It was alright. I would hop on with a couple of my friends after school and just mess around in cake wars or hide and seek. Although we encountered quite a decent bit of hackers at certain times of the day, it was still fun while it lasted. I wonder what the new Mineplex would cook up.

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
In my all years i have play it on minecraft bedrock i have play mineplex just one time and its my first time play minecraft i have play it for 4 hour on cake wars then i rlease that there is more better server so from that time entill shut down i didnt play it

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
Top Bottom