Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
I have a question about the reports system. To submit certain reports you need "video evidence". Which is fair when it comes to hackers yes, but some things not so much.
With the /sr command, reporting cheaters/hackers is easy, reporting other types of rule breakers isn't as easy. This is because 9 times out of 10 reports require "video evidence", not everyone is going to have time to open a screen recorder, nor do some people even have a screen recorder. Yes, some reports there is no other choice, wouldn't several convincing screenshots be enough? About a month back I found some campers in team eggwars, at this point I was unaware of video evidence being a requirement, however I did have several screenshots which showed that they were in fact camping. I believe video evidence should not be a requirement for reports, it would be so much easier if one could submit the reports with screenshots and if that wasn't enough proof, then you could ask for video evidence to be added on. I'm not saying that video evidence is a bad idea, although it shouldn't be required to submit a report (especially when it comes to something like campers, chat abuse in some way, etc.

Reactions: xJcmm

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey! Video evidence is part of the required evidence for different punishment tracks, because of multiple reasons. One of the reasons is to make sure that the right and correct players are getting punished for the broken rules and not someone else. Let's take some examples of why we require video evidence:
- Someone in a skywars game is building many inappropriate buildings. We require video evidence of the player actually building this inappropriate building and not just a few screenshots where a player is walking with blocks around the buildings. This can cause innocent punishments. If we only had photos as evidence, we could not know for sure if the player was the player building the inappropriate buildings or just another casual player.
- (This specific situation has been discussed between Moderators). Let's say the camping report where 3 players are 'skybasing' in a game of egg wars. On the video we were able to see that the players were sort of 'pushed' into this situation due to the circumstances. If in this case we only had a few screenshots as evidence, we would not have been able to make the right descision, just because we did not know any of the context.

So in short, video evidence makes sure the right players are getting punished and way less innocent players will get an underserved punishment.

Reactions: SoloWarz and Anneum
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything, Soul :) Good luck with your future endeavors!
JokeKaedee wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Aw no what :( Thanks for everything SandCookie xx
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
umm? yall okay?
1714824919312.png
After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Top Bottom