Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Are bows OP

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic3lite

I have seen many people complain about "bow spamming" e.g. shooting arrows as fast as minecraftily possible.

I get that it is annoying and there is no easy counter to it (The punch bow is readily available for 12 diamonds and gold is usually in abundance in maps, but the shield sits at a high price of 30 diamonds), but is it against some sort of rule?

I am not talking about shooting bows faster than legitimately possible by using some sort of hack, that is obviously hacking.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Bow spamming is allowed on the Cubecraft network as long as the player is not using a hacked client to shoot even faster than legitimately possible.

I get that it can be hard to counter a bow spammer sometimes but 'making some weird moves' is the best solution to counter it in my experience. :')

Hope this helped you out. Make sure to reply for further questions/concers.

SeTry

Dec 25, 2016
Yes this is allowed.
In some occasions it can be a little bit OP.
But the arrows that hit you don't really deal a lot of damage because of the bow not being fully charged.

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
It is allowed but I've seen players that can shoot arrows in less than a second.... Like every second there is 2-4 arrows being shot.

SeTry

Dec 25, 2016
It is allowed but I've seen players that can shoot arrows in less than a second.... Like every second there is 2-4 arrows being shot.
This is what I found on the Minecraft wiki

"At minimum charge (3 ticks), the arrow will deal 1 (half a heart) and barely travel a block."

Assuming they are talking about game ticks, you will be able to shoot an arrow every 0.15 seconds (6-7 arrows a second)

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
This is what I found on the Minecraft wiki

"At minimum charge (3 ticks), the arrow will deal 1 (half a heart) and barely travel a block."

Assuming they are talking about game ticks, you will be able to shoot an arrow every 0.15 seconds (6-7 arrows a second)
.-. I ain't playing with bowspammers no more... Even tho I'm a bow spammer I barely shot 1 arrow every 1 full second.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Bow spamming is allowed and is an actual combat strategy. It wastes arrows like crazy and has counters (shields, staying away from an edge, running sideways) so while annoying, it isn't a huge issue.

PoKu_Bllkth

Jul 4, 2016
Venezuela
Bow spamming is allowed and is an actual combat strategy. It wastes arrows like crazy and has counters (shields, staying away from an edge, running sideways) so while annoying, it isn't a huge issue.

It is true what you say, but if that player is playing in 1.8 and in that version there are no shields? That would be a problem when crossing. XD
- Otherwise in the 1.9 / 1.10 / 1.11 would also be something exciting, because you have to devise a strategy and the player is camping (with the bow) on his island, and when one arrives and destroys his egg one has a halivio and one says; "Yes! Yes!, YEAH!! GG, Nice Team" well that would be in my case, everyone thinks differently on this topic. Well, anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it's okay for the Spamming Bow, because it makes the game more difficult and one focused on the game. XD

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
All bow spamming is is an annoying strategy, however if you use it against players, it is really effective if you have good aim.

Reactions: Ping Ether

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Bow spamming is allowed on the Cubecraft network as long as the player is not using a hacked client to shoot even faster than legitimately possible.

I get that it can be hard to counter a bow spammer sometimes but 'making some weird moves' is the best solution to counter it in my experience. :')

Hope this helped you out. Make sure to reply for further questions/concers.
Countering a bow spam is easy with strafing i do it all the time in blockwars and if they aim at me sometimes jumping will dodge the shot to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
congratss thisj o/
Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
endertom100 wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
happyyy birthdayyyy!!!!! ^-^
Top Bottom