Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I can understand that from your perspective, there's nothing inappropriate regarding your username given that you're not trying to offend anybody, however cancer is a very controversial topic and its mere mention will always offend somebody, given the seriousness of the disease. Staff are more lenient towards controversial usernames, and will only punish the user if their in-game name is offensive or inappropriate to the extent that we believe it to affect the experience of other users online, and in this case your name was deemed to be offensive, a judgement that I would personally second.

Mojang do not disallow users from creating accounts with inappropriate or offensive usernames, however Cubecraft's rules do not mirror Mojang's, and we will take action against offensive usernames as we try to keep Cubecraft as friendly an environment as possible.

The issue with creating a plugin that censors inappropriate names is that it'd make the in-game chat extremely messy, for example your name would appear as '******Clause*. Additionally, given that we have a large Spanish and Dutch population we'd have to also censor out usernames with inappropriate foreign terms in them, some of these terms in which actually have a legitimate meaning in English or other foreign languages. It'd be more trouble than it's worth and would create the exact thing we're trying to prevent; problems.

Unfortunately, for the time being if you want to be unbanned you'll have to change your username, as I wouldn't consider it likely that rules regarding inappropriate or offensive usernames will be changed any time soon.
If you'd like to discuss the issue further or have any further questions, feel free to start a conversation with me. /locked

Reactions: johnyestaloca
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom