Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain_Cinder

Jul 5, 2016
Ok, so I brought up this idea in the discord server, and the other people that were there at the time seemed to like the idea, and suggested I put it in the suggestions.

The idea is fairly simple - bonemealing a plant takes 5 minutes off the time that it needs in order to grow. This means with 3 bonemeal per bone, the wood stage unlocked at the same time as bones (Acacia) would already take 120 bones, or 360 bonemeal to grow, and would equate in ~60% less money from selling the logs, when assuming a ridiculous rate of 15 logs/tree, compared to directly selling the bones.

Since plants tend to only be useful for money and quests, I don't think it will make much difference to be able to effectively convert bones into said plants.

Thoughts?

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
+1 from me, we discussed this in the discord server and this would be a nice add to the skyblock server.
Looking at the loss in money balances stuff out very easy.
We did discuss to lower the time but after calculations this seemed to be a good number after all!
Awesome idea, hope this gets added!

Skoedel

Dedicated Member
Apr 14, 2019
Belgium
Good suggestion but 5 minutes is to much. I think 2 minutes is better. But its still a good suggestion. +1

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Good suggestion! But don't have one amount of time, that would be unfair. Instead, I think it'd be smart if the percentage of the original time needed to grow it was used.

Take for example a plant that takes 10 minutes, only 3 minutes left to complete its growth. And let's say the percentage of time used is 50% off the original time, then, regardless of how much time is actually needed to complete it, subtract 5 minutes (10 x 0,5 = 5 minutes).

Another example - a plant that needs, say 1 minute to grow, if we use a 50% decrease then subtract 30 seconds (60 x 0,5 = 30 seconds).

And so on and so on.

Reactions: Priley

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
Good suggestion! But don't have one amount of time, that would be unfair. Instead, I think it'd be smart if the percentage of the original time needed to grow it was used.

Take for example a plant that takes 10 minutes, only 3 minutes left to complete its growth. And let's say the percentage of time used is 50% off the original time, then, regardless of how much time is actually needed to complete it, subtract 5 minutes (10 x 0,5 = 5 minutes).

Another example - a plant that needs, say 1 minute to grow, if we use a 50% decrease then subtract 30 seconds (60 x 0,5 = 30 seconds).

And so on and so on.
Working in percentages is indeed maybe a smarter part, but keep in mind, when having a plant that takes 10m to grow is an early-game item. Having bones (in overflow to use them, since selling is way better for money), is more an end-game item. This means that you probably won't use it on items that take only 10 minutes.
Also, if it takes off 50%, then after about 5 bones you'd only have 3,125%-ish left.
This is a good suggestion, but I'd lower the percentage since taking off 5 minutes is going to be slower then a percentage, taking off about 10-20% would be better in my opinion.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Working in percentages is indeed maybe a smarter part, but keep in mind, when having a plant that takes 10m to grow is an early-game item. Having bones (in overflow to use them, since selling is way better for money), is more an end-game item. This means that you probably won't use it on items that take only 10 minutes.
Also, if it takes off 50%, then after about 5 bones you'd only have 3,125%-ish left.
This is a good suggestion, but I'd lower the percentage since taking off 5 minutes is going to be slower then a percentage, taking off about 10-20% would be better in my opinion.

It (in my example) takes off 50% of the original time needed, so for any plant, it would only take 2 bonemeals to complete (2 x 50% = 100%). But i agree that 50% might be a bit much. I was just using it as an example. If I had to suggest a percentage i'd go with something like 25%, because one bone can make 3 bonemeals.

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
It (in my example) takes off 50% of the original time needed, so for any plant, it would only take 2 bonemeals to complete (2 x 50% = 100%). But i agree that 50% might be a bit much. I was just using it as an example. If I had to suggest a percentage i'd go with something like 25%, because one bone can make 3 bonemeals.
Sorry, but 2 bonemeals wouldn't complete the entire plant. Yes 50% is still a lot, but after 2 bonemeal you're only down to 25% left of the growth time.
Let me explain further: 1 bonemeal takes off 50% of the total 100% (let's say it takes 100m to grow), we're down to 50m left
Adding an additional 1 bonemeal takes off, once again 50% of the last known time(takes down half from 50m), we're down to 25m left
Adding another additional 1 bonemeal takes off, still 50% of the last known time (takes down half from 25), we're down to 12,5m .. and so on and so on.
This means it won't be grown after 2 bonemeal.
Anyways, people were claiming 5m is too much, but by taking off percentages this high, it'll make more effect than just the 5 minutes, which seems like then it missed its point of losing percentages, instead of a fixed time.
Maybe try to give a new percentage with this knowledge now :D

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Sorry, but 2 bonemeals wouldn't complete the entire plant. Yes 50% is still a lot, but after 2 bonemeal you're only down to 25% left of the growth time.
Let me explain further: 1 bonemeal takes off 50% of the total 100% (let's say it takes 100m to grow), we're down to 50m left
Adding an additional 1 bonemeal takes off, once again 50% of the last known time(takes down half from 50m), we're down to 25m left
Adding another additional 1 bonemeal takes off, still 50% of the last known time (takes down half from 25), we're down to 12,5m .. and so on and so on.
This means it won't be grown after 2 bonemeal.
Anyways, people were claiming 5m is too much, but by taking off percentages this high, it'll make more effect than just the 5 minutes, which seems like then it missed its point of losing percentages, instead of a fixed time.
Maybe try to give a new percentage with this knowledge now :D

You don't seem to understand. 50% of the original time, not time left.

You have a plant that needs 10 minutes to complete it's growth, 50% of 10 is 5 minutes, so you use a bonemeal and subtract 5 minutes off the original 10 minutes. Then, you decide to use another bonemeal. Same percentage applies, 50% of the original time, so 50% of 10 minutes is 5 minutes again, so of the 5 minutes needed you subtract another 5 minutes.

If you were to use percentage of time left to complete the growth, you create a neverending supertask. We don't want that, so instead, use a set amount of percentage off the original time needed to complete its growth. More on supertasks:
(skip to 4:45)

Achilles is the plant and the distance of the track is the amount of time, Achilles' steps are bonemeals. If we were to use your suggestion we could use a literal infinite amount of bonemeals to complete the growth, if it wasn't for time passing on it's own.. But still we would need to use 100s of bonemeals to get to an acceptable time.

Try to understand first before commenting.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)

You have a plant that needs 10 minutes to complete it's growth, 50% of 10 is 5 minutes, so you use a bonemeal and subtract 5 minutes off the original 10 minutes. Then, you decide to use another bonemeal. Same percentage applies, 50% of the original time, so 50% of 10 minutes is 5 minutes again, so of the 5 minutes needed you subtract another 5 minutes.

If you were to use percentage of time left to complete the growth, you create a neverending supertask. We don't want that, so instead, use a set amount of percentage off the original time needed to complete its growth. More on supertasks:

Achilles is the plant and the distance of the track is the amount of time, Achilles' steps are bonemeals. If we were to use your suggestion we could use a literal infinite amount of bonemeals to complete the growth, if it wasn't for time passing on it's own.. But still we would need to use 100s of bonemeals to get to an acceptable time.

Or you know, 0.5 can be rounded up to 1 .

Either way, I like a fixed amount = 30hours/(27chest slots*64items) =62.5s or about 1minute, because farming 1chest of bone meal (9 stacks of bones) just to speed up the growth of an accacia tree seems like a faire trade.

5 minutes is too long 30 hours is 337.5 x 5mins, divided by 3, because 1 bone is three bone meal, gives you a little less than 2 stacks of bones needed for a full accacia tree which seems very op.

If an accacia tree can give you about 7-14k just guessing here, I would expect to use 14-28k worth of bones to be able to grow that tree gaining time and progression at a reasonable expense.

Reactions: Dudu and ImJunior

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
There's already a "boost" button with the 'incoming' tag on it. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say these are gonna be pay to win items to boost certain crops or generators to spawn faster. Bone meal would therefore be outplayed.

On the subject itself, I feel like the long waiting times are what cause most players to quit skyblock after a few days alone. The quickly regenerating crops and ore generators cause a lot of felt progression and a ton of early game quests to be completed within literal minutes. The dopamine gained from this is way more than when players need to wait 10, 15 hours for their generators and crops to grow later in the game. The game gets stretched out, and with fun, but long and hard side-quests, skyblock gets really boring really quick. Not grindy, but "waity". So I'd very much like a way to speed up this waiting process, cutting half of the initial time seems like a bit OP. As @Lezappen pointed out, so they'd have to be well balanced. But if they are, I'd like them.

Texbirds

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2020
Bird
Or you know, 0.5 can be rounded up to 1 .

Either way, I like a fixed amount = 30hours/(27chest slots*64items), because farming 1chest of bones just to speed up the growth of an accacia tree seems like a faire trade.[/Q
There's already a "boost" button with the 'incoming' tag on it. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say these are gonna be pay to win items to boost certain crops or generators to spawn faster. Bone meal would therefore be outplayed.

On the subject itself, I feel like the long waiting times are what cause most players to quit skyblock after a few days alone. The quickly regenerating crops and ore generators cause a lot of felt progression and a ton of early game quests to be completed within literal minutes. The dopamine gained from this is way more than when players need to wait 10, 15 hours for their generators and crops to grow later in the game. The game gets stretched out, and with fun, but long and hard side-quests, skyblock gets really boring really quick. Not grindy, but "waity". So I'd very much like a way to speed up this waiting process, cutting half of the initial time seems like a bit OP. As @Lezappen pointed out, so they'd have to be well balanced. But if they are, I'd like them.

I agree, a half is a bit much. For the sake of simplicity i used it as an example. If you want to get really deep into this we can also apply a formula that decreases at an increasing rate, so the more time it takes for the plant to grow, the lesser and lesser time gets subtracted with bonemeal. Have to find a formula that could apply to this first.

Reactions: RPoule

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America

Agreed, but the point is not to use bonemeals on it everytime.
There still must be some waiting, right?
While using 2 bonemeals on something that lasts 4d would be so overpowered, this indeed takes way longer, and still needs some waiting time...
It's not all about spending your bonemeals to finish it.

DarkSuperPro

Jun 30, 2020
I agree, a half is a bit much. For the sake of simplicity i used it as an example. If you want to get really deep into this we can also apply a formula that decreases at an increasing rate, so the more time it takes for the plant to grow, the lesser and lesser time gets subtracted with bonemeal. Have to find a formula that could apply to this first.
how about this we have different levels of bonemeal
like level 1 bonemeal will save 1 min
level 2 will save 5 min
and so on and there will be time limit or bonemeal limit on each plant
like you need to wait some time to use another bone meal ,or a plant will use atmost 2 bonemeal not more than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
1714062934709.png

fun new launcher lol
marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Eli wrote on hamelech2007's profile.
Hello pumpkin
Top Bottom