Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
One thing that has stuck with me through all the servers I've played on is the lack of in-game reporting on quite a few popular servers.

When I was a staff member on the Multicube network before it shut down, we had a very nice 'ticket' system, where players could type /ticket <insert issue here>, and all online staff members would be alerted of the ticket, and what server the player is on.

For example, players could type '/ticket SomePlayer41 is hacking! Please help!', and a staff member would be able to 'claim' the ticket by replying to it, and would teleport to the same server as the player and deal with the issue. This way, the problems are dealt with live - this is better than an in-game reporting system where reports are logged and high-suspicion players are flagged to staff members, as this can take a long time to catch a hacker, for example, and is fairly inefficient.

I realise that if this were to be implemented, then there would be a lot of tickets coming in, so a limit should be put on tickets, for example 1 every 60 seconds or so, and have a system so that players can be blocked from ticketing for a while if they are spamming useless tickets.

I think this would be a really useful addition to the server, especially for players that cannot record video footage because their PC is not good enough, or simply don't have a strong enough internet connection for uploading videos to be viable.

Hope you guys think the same :)

EDIT: 20/30 tickets per day at a rate of 1 every 5-10 minutes would definitely be a better idea.

Last edited:

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
A report system was removed from cubecraft a long time ago.
Its a good idea with the limits and blocking players if they are spamming.
maybe everyday like 20/30 tickets? 1 ticket per 1 minute is pretty hard.
because mods dont have time to record all the hackers,
ofcourse there are multiple mods online but thats just too much.

20/30 would be a good idea tho to put in the server.
Hope you agree with me. ;)

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
The /report command was removed due to a lot of invalid reports. This costed the staff a lot of time for nothing. The reports system Cubecraft is using right now is perfect, (https://reports.cubecraft.net/report if youve never used it yet;)) a lot of rulebreakers get punished now with a lot less invalid reports. Its a lot more efficient then the /report command so I dont agree that something like that should come back.

Reactions: Sulphate

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
We dont need this. Sentinel functions perfectly . All hackers get banned within a minoute from what Ive seen
While Sentinel is great (I've seen it happen literally in front of my eyes), there is no such thing as a perfect anti-cheat, and there never will be. Some hacks will always go undetected.

The /report command was removed due to a lot of invalid reports. This costed the staff a lot of time for nothing. The reports system Cubecraft is using right now is perfect, (https://reports.cubecraft.net/report if youve never used it yet;)) a lot of rulebreakers get punished now with a lot less invalid reports. Its a lot more efficient then the /report command so I dont agree that something like that should come back.
Yeah I suppose if this current system is working fine then there isn't really a reason to reintroduce anything, I've not been here long enough to know if there is a hacker problem or not :)

Just out of interest, how did the old /report command work?

Reactions: Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Just out of interest, how did the old /report command work?
Im not really sure but I believe you had to type something like /report [player] [the rule he broke] and then all staff got some notification and they teleport to the player to look if he was breaking the rules. Again Im not sure as it got removed around march 2016 and back then I didnt really report.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
1) we would get massively spammed. To lazy to count, but i’m guessing we have like 20-30 moderators? And we have an avarage of 8000+ players online? We wouldn’t be able to help every single one of them
2) we had a /report command, got heavilly abused and we removed it. Players would just spam the command and 9 out of 10 times it was a false alarm.

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
1) we would get massively spammed. To lazy to count, but i’m guessing we have like 20-30 moderators? And we have an avarage of 8000+ players online? We wouldn’t be able to help every single one of them
2) we had a /report command, got heavilly abused and we removed it. Players would just spam the command and 9 out of 10 times it was a false alarm.
Sure, as I said I realise that the likelihood of it being spammed is high, and so measures should be put in place to prevent it. Even if this idea was implemented in a slightly different way, for example we could have /flag <player> <reason>, and if more than x number of players flag the player for the same reason, then staff are alerted (within a period of time, perhaps?).

I also realise that many people would use it every time they die to someone, and so if a player uses it incorrectly more than once, you could time them out for x hours/days, and then increasing periods of time. Additionally, developers could create a way so that if certain keywords are detected within their command, then it outputs generic help information if the request does not require staff.
A report system was removed from cubecraft a long time ago.
Its a good idea with the limits and blocking players if they are spamming.
maybe everyday like 20/30 tickets? 1 ticket per 1 minute is pretty hard.
because mods dont have time to record all the hackers,
ofcourse there are multiple mods online but thats just too much.

20/30 would be a good idea tho to put in the server.
Hope you agree with me. ;)
Yeah maybe 1 per minute is a bit much haha. 20-30/day sounds good, but I would suggest that a limit of 1 per 5-10 minutes should be added as well, to prevent users from spamming the command.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
No
One thing that has stuck with me through all the servers I've played on is the lack of in-game reporting on quite a few popular servers.

When I was a staff member on the Multicube network before it shut down, we had a very nice 'ticket' system, where players could type /ticket <insert issue here>, and all online staff members would be alerted of the ticket, and what server the player is on.

For example, players could type '/ticket SomePlayer41 is hacking! Please help!', and a staff member would be able to 'claim' the ticket by replying to it, and would teleport to the same server as the player and deal with the issue. This way, the problems are dealt with live - this is better than an in-game reporting system where reports are logged and high-suspicion players are flagged to staff members, as this can take a long time to catch a hacker, for example, and is fairly inefficient.

I realise that if this were to be implemented, then there would be a lot of tickets coming in, so a limit should be put on tickets, for example 1 every 60 seconds or so, and have a system so that players can be blocked from ticketing for a while if they are spamming useless tickets.

I think this would be a really useful addition to the server, especially for players that cannot record video footage because their PC is not good enough, or simply don't have a strong enough internet connection for uploading videos to be viable.

No, I don't agree.
There aren't so much moderators on this server, staff can't give attention to every player!
And, there will be many players who make pointless reports.

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
No

No, I don't agree.
There aren't so much moderators on this server, staff can't give attention to every player!
And, there will be many players who make pointless reports.
Not every player will have problems. I have also suggested ways that the amount of tickets could be coped with :) Of course there will be people that send in useless tickets, but I think it would be manageable with the right restrictions in place.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Not every player will have problems. I have also suggested ways that the amount of tickets could be coped with :) Of course there will be people that send in useless tickets, but I think it would be manageable with the right restrictions in place.
Like @Marieke2001 said, there are 20 moderators and 8000/9000 players.
They can't handle all those tickets!
(And, BTW, Moderators have lives, and they like to play, not only to ban hackers and teamers.)

PuDDingMaSter

Jun 13, 2016
behind you
alot of you arent listening to what is trying to be said. most of the responses is about how this command will be abused. but ideas have been suggested showing otherwise.

time them out for x hours/days, and then increasing periods of time.

why could this idea not be effective? it stops that player being able to spam and any one else who does this will recieve the same punishment.

in no time will there be players who submit reports that are mostly correct. it will save time and reporting will be much easier.
the current report system is definitely quite good but this is alot more efficient and it solves the problem of the hacker right then and there

many hackers have multiple accounts(alts) which they can get for free via an account generator or from cheap alts. if we imply this system then the hackers will be banned right then and the hacker will have no time of playing. he will find it pointless to go and get another account for it to be banned halfway through his first game.the current system allows many hackers to play for a good length of time and when they get banned they find their game time satisfactory so they go and create another account. this system is perfect for stopping this and will absolutely minimize the hackers on this server

Reactions: Sulphate

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

EDIT: 20/30 tickets per day at a rate of 1 every 5-10 minutes would definitely be a better idea.
This was already a thing on cubecraft. The thing is, it is easy to report online and I think the /report was removed because the amount of players doing false reports on innocent players which was wasting the staffs time. Also this "/report" or "/sentinelreport" or "/ticket" is insane. It feels like it has been said that this will not become a thing

oliver b

Aug 29, 2019
can somewhone reset all my stats on cubecraft servern all my gaming data and all my stuff and everything pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
JokeKaedee wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy birthday c:
Basketman wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom