Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheez

Dedicated Member
Dec 23, 2015
Beyond The Wall
twitter.com
Another Think, Do Not Think They Have Many Staffs? And From What I See, The Staffs(Helpers) Don't Have Much Reports, Messages and Help People, And Because Only Have A Good Applying.... Really Staff? Please Think! See The Guys Donate In VIPS And More( I Don't Talk To Give Me Helper) I Talk To For Example Chappie_AK/ ForGiveMe_/Zelready And More Guys..
Ah, I see why you don't find this fair. To enlighten you, we were not chosen based off of our messages, reports, or how helpful we are on this forum. We've already been staff members on The Chunk, and we were simply transferred over here along with the merge. Now that doesn't go without saying they didn't interview us to make sure we were qualified, they did. Please know not one of us took our Helper ranks for granted, we hold them with honour. :)

I should also mention that when you apply for staff, it depends on a lot of factors, but your donation amount is not one of them.

As for the merge, it took place the same day of the HUGE Skywars update (this update would've happened anyway if we didn't merge). There were bound to be some bugs and problems like every update, in every game.. ever.

Anyways, I hope you look at the Chunk merge in a different light as we only strive to make CCG better than it already is. Good luck on your Helper app!

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
I haven't read all the points you've made or what everyone else has made but I get the general idea of it. You are unhappy with the updates and the merge. At the moment...

In my opinion, alot of great games and general updates will come from this. Of course there is some issues that need tweaking, we based alot of our changes to skywars on the feedback we were given. However alot of people have just focused on the bad. Hulk kit removed. This kit was the most op kit in Skywars history. There were three separate threads saying it is too op and it should be nerfed or removed. So we decided to remove it, if you are on the top killers, you probably found this annoying that you couldn't kill people easily. Although am sure you have enough skill in PVP to kill people without an OP kit. You're way better than me, that's for sure. Yes top killers have been removed 'in game'. The Chunk has a very sexy leaderboard system for their website, wouldn't it be cool if we had that... *hint* *hint* https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/top-chunk-block-wars-players.72959/#post-379342
As for other kits we 'may' add a few back and run some polls.

As for the new wave of helpers. They are all Chunk staff, experienced staff members, I interviewed all of them and although they may not of had active forums profiles, all of them had played CubeCraft alot before. And they are all very nice people and deserve more respect, before being instantly judged within the first day. New staff means less hackers and more fun for players, don't see why anyone would have a problem with this. Everyone complaining about team skywars abilities, you can play without abilities? But I do agree some abilities have to be nerfed or tweaked.

Also the lobby, I know that wasn't a problem that was stated but I had alot of mixed feedback about it. So to improve, the build team wanted to recapture parts of the old skywars lobbies and we asked for a vote on a twitter, as I agree the sandstone has made it a little plain and colourless. So taking all this on, I left it in the communities hands to decide what their lobby will look like on twitter: https://twitter.com/CubeCraftBuild Am pretty sure the nice green and pretty lobby will be live in the coming days. My point is, we don't just make changes then laugh like evil scientists when we do it. We look through our forums, we listen to our staff members suggestions and feedback. Nothing is perfect, but we work everyday to try and improve and fix any issues. Not everything can be done in a night.

The other positives of the merge. Blockwars is a very successful and fun game and it's so great to see it on our network, as I really enjoyed playing it on The Chunk. We have some great new developers who have created amazing games and will now create amazing things for CubeCraft. When 2.0 happened over a year ago, everyone was angry and spamming hashtags. (This sounds familiar) We were at 4,000 players. A month later we hit 8,000 after all bugs and issues were fixed.

So yah... just be patient and enjoy the future updates and fixes, thanks!

Exciting

Sep 17, 2015
@Efcluke94
Is Not Only Because Updates,
My Other Problem Is, I Go Give You Example:
Im Donator I Have 3 Acc With Ranks You Know?
Ok, I Have So Much Reports, Often Im Online, I Answer The Question Of People In Lobby and Im Donator, Ok.
And In Staff I See Some People Is Helper Or Moderator And Is Don't Donator, Don't Have Reports, Don't Have Messages In Profile, and More...

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
@Efcluke94
Is Not Only Because Updates,
My Other Problem Is, I Go Give You Example:
Im Donator I Have 3 Acc With Ranks You Know?
Ok, I Have So Much Reports, Often Im Online, I Answer The Question Of People In Lobby and Im Donator, Ok.
And In Staff I See Some People Is Helper Or Moderator And Is Don't Donator, Don't Have Reports, Don't Have Messages In Profile, and More...

Also if you have an forums account with only a couple of messages or none, you have most likely been unsuccessful. Only in rare/particular cases do we accept people with few messages on forums.
-https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/applying-for-helper-open.49360/

This is a particular/rare case. Also donating doesn't have any effect, the recruitment team choose helpers on their passion for the server and no past offences on this server or any other Minecraft server.

As for the new wave of helpers. They are all Chunk staff, experienced staff members, I interviewed all of them and although they may not of had active forums profiles, all of them had played CubeCraft alot before. And they are all very nice people and deserve more respect, before being instantly judged within the first day. New staff means less hackers and more fun for players, don't see why anyone would have a problem with this.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
@Exiting_PT I agree with Efcluke. We know the Chunk staff have a lot of experience and have had little to no problems with their duties, so of course they're going to get picked. Sorry to say it, but the way you've reacted in this thread makes you look very entitled. No one is entitled to a spot on the staff team.

Reactions: Soph and Efcluke94

legovis16

Aug 8, 2015
mexico
why not put just another section of team skywars without abilities and with the previous kits?

Last edited:

SevereWarning

Forum Expert
Nov 14, 2013
Somewhere
why not put just another section of team skywars without abilities and with the previous kits?
Because the Hulk kit makes the game too easy and no one will be using pure skill to win. No one enjoys the Hulk kit except for the people who just want to farm wins/kills. It's not fun when you're the victim of a 2 hit by a guy with Strength. We are nerfing some of the abilities, don't worry.

xMegaGamerx

Feb 8, 2015
I will try and sum up what they're saying, ONLY about Team Skywars. Chunk has nothing to do with Skywars at all, the merge did not affect skywars.

Team Skywars was merged with Skywars (Not Chunk) to make room for other games. Being a Team Skywars player myself, I think some of the community are frustrated because they enjoyed the uniqueness of their own community with Team Skywars. Lobby 1 was a place where the community would relax and have fun but now they can't all do that because it's always full. However this can be easily solved by choosing a different lobby to meet up in.

As for the gameplay, I think the most frustration comes from the removal of their most favoured and unique kits, such as the scout kit and the introduction of the abilities. I personally think it just feels strange having new abilities. Just the same as when abilities were incorporated into regular Skywars. But in time I am sure people will get used to it.

I understand you may be frustrated that the Top Killers leaderboard was removed as you feel it is awesome to have your name on a leaderboard or that your hard work in gaining those kills is now invisible to everyone, but it may be that the their is not enough space to have both Skywars and Team Skywars top winners and top killers

Regarding kits, I don't think everything was perfect. Strength was far too op. If you could 4 hit someone in full enchanted diamond armour, it's too overpowered. Chances need to be given to new players who join the server who don't yet have enough points to buy that kit. Also the kit lasts 3 minutes. In an overpowered match, using strength and having enderpearl, you could take out a team per minute on maps like Trees and or Candy. (Not an exaggeration). With teams of 6, that's 18 players killed. Furthermore due to it's overpoweredness, people would always choose it, meaning when you do go to islands and kill people, no doubt you will find more strength pots that you have attained from killing other players.

Regarding the rest of the thread: Post comments that are constructive criticisms. If you feel like the kits shouldn't be shared between Skywars and Team Skywars suggest it in a manner that doesn't imply you're so annoyed that you're going to sell your accounts and leave CubeCraft forever and post hashtags about how bad this server has suddenly become after 1 day, when it is simply not true
This ^^^^^^ +1000

iKick

Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2015
The Netherlands
If we never have updates, however, our players get bored, the server gets stale, and people leave to find a server that's more entertaining. Either way, we lose players.
I think this is wrong if people like so it is, you dont have tu update it.
if people Love CubeCraft they will Always play on the server.

ElieTGM

Jul 5, 2015
Lebanon
I've not been on Cube from the start, I may not be as experienced as some other players out there, and I'm not a staff member, but I've been on long enough to notice the staff team. Particularly the Helpers. They're always getting hated on because they're the lowest rank of staff and they're 'Unfair'. I just want to note that they do a great job! Some of you may disagree, of course, and this is not supposed to start a Flame War - it's purely to give recognition of Helpers and other staff who work very hard and are always told are doing the opposite. I think that part of the reason they may seem a little frustrated at times is because if they slip up just the tinniest bit, the haters out there will make that an excuse to start some thread about how awful they are. If staff members make mistakes, there's usually one reason why: they're human. So, put yourself in a staff member's shoes for a minute before you hate on them.

Mac and the whole Chunk team know how to choose their staff carefully, and from my experience over TheChunk, the staff there, that have come here, are just amazing. They take all day to help players and assure they are playing in a safe environment.

Let's just stop all that hate, and start all over again.

AdventureeTree

In my opinion the server turned out great, In the beginning I needed to feel comfortable with the changes but now after a few days it feels good. More people to make a friendly chat with, alot more helpers and mods to improve the server and the forums. But yeah there's always a negative point and that is the merge with the normal Skywars and Team Skywars that needs to be 2 lobby's, 1 for normal Skywars and 1 for Team Skywars how it always was. Overall this is MY opinion :)

Reactions: Tacosbefriends
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
GiGaGekkies wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Shamel's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom