Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Cyanlloyd

Feb 8, 2020
Hello Cubecrafters,

I have a small but very useful idea for a quality of life feature regarding bows:

If you hit a player with a bow, a message should be shown in chat. Maybe something like: player has x hearts remaining.

It Is one of those features where you think: why isn’t this already here?

The game which needs this feature the most is duels I think, but it will be nice to have in other games too.

Thank you for reading and I hope you agree with this idea, and if you don’t that’s completely fine (But please explain why in the reply section)

99th_DutchVoid

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2016
Overijssel, The Netherlands
www.99th-dutchies.nl
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree that it is annoying that you can't see the health of a player if you shoot them from a distance. I don't think chat messages are the solution, though, that will get real spammy. I'd prefer if they'd show the health indicator for a short while (just like with a 'regular' hit), regardless of the distance

mismut

Jan 27, 2021
Czech Republic
Pronouns
He/Him
I think people are just used to this because they play on servers like Hive or Hypixel this isnt that needed thing

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
I like the idea but I don’t really think it’s that necessary to have this feature.

There isn’t really a point to know what your opponent HP is if it’s from a distance. Also you will hear a sound when you hit someone with an arrow. If not, check ur volume. If you can’t put on your volume, you probably shouldn’t be playing, since your volume is off for a reason :)

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s not really that necessary though. If you want to know someone’s hearts from shooting, you probably want to know if you can kill them if you spend a few shots. But if you expect them to be near-dead then aren’t you going to spend those shots anyway? Unless you use the message as a confirmation, that yes they are near dead. I’m worried for bow spammers, as they will just have chat overload.

• Unsure
Reactions: BurntCrown8876

Melvinou9

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2020
France
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello Cyanlloyd!

This feature can be very useful for people barely using a bow and also shooting from a distance way too big to be able to see the Health Indicators. However, Bowspammers would get spammed in their chat with Health of the player they are shooting.

A solution could be to make this message a setting activable through the lobby in our profile settings just like it is already made with the Health Indicator (Number/Bar/Disable). They could then indeed make another setting called "Health Shooting" or something like that with Enabled or Disabled possibility.

Although, that is not a feature absolutely needed.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom