Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
So, I have had some ideas that could improve the leaderboard system for some time, and I finally got around to posting them here.

So here they are.
-Keep the Top5 podium in lobbies, but also include a spot where every player can see their position,even if they are outside the Top5.
For example, to get to Top5 on Skywars you need about 8000 wins. Make it so people with not that many wins can see their position too.

-Maybe also if the suggestion above makes it into the server, make it so people can see the person ahead of them and behind them in position.
For example:
Player1 - 3050 wins - 40th position
Me - 2000 wins - 41st position
Player2 - 1500 wins - 42nd position

This could make the leaderboards much more competitive and keep people motivated to keep playing the game, which will result in a more stable player base.
P.S. These leaderboard suggestions could also be done for weekly wins, monthly etc, and also not only for wins, but also for kills and other game objectives.

I know this is very similar to Hypixel's leaderboard system, but let's be real here, it is a really good system nontheles.

D

Deleted member 150344

Text is too big (lol)

As for the suggestion: I like it

Demacushi

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2018
The Netherlands
So here they are.
-Keep the Top5 podium in lobbies, but also include a spot where every player can see their position,even if they are outside the Top5.
For example, to get to Top5 on Skywars you need about 8000 wins. Make it so people with not that many wins can see their position too.
I like this idea because it's not that difficult to add this to the game-lobbies and it's nice to see if you're close to the leaderbords. But the idea where you can see who's above/under you and what place they are on the leaderbord isn't really important imo, I also don't think this will get added in-game as it's unnecessary. But I like the first idea where you can see on what place you are, so I support the first idea!

Last edited:

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
i dissagree because cubecraft is not a competitive server and never has been and never will be
also some people dont want there stats to be visible by anyone
also it is unfair on people who have grinded for there top 5 wins status because if more leaderboards are added there will be less attention on them

i dont think this should be added but it was a nice try :)

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
i dissagree because cubecraft is not a competitive server and never has been and never will be
also it is unfair on people who have grinded for there top 5 wins status because if more leaderboards are added there will be less attention on them

I am not saying it should be added only for competitive purposes, and also the new leaderboards I am suggesting are as- so:
-Top5 Podium in lobbies
-Your position in a spot in lobbies

I never said people will be able to see other people stats and positions, only *theirs*

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
I am not saying it should be added only for competitive purposes, and also the new leaderboards I am suggesting are as- so:
-Top5 Podium in lobbies
-Your position in a spot in lobbies

I never said people will be able to see other people stats and positions, only *theirs*
but you said that the person above and below them can see their stats...

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
So, I have had some ideas that could improve the leaderboard system for some time, and I finally got around to posting them here.

So here they are.

-Maybe also if the suggestion above makes it into the server, make it so people can see the person ahead of them and behind them in position.
For example:
Player1 - 3050 wins - 40th position
Me - 2000 wins - 41st position
Player2 - 1500 wins - 42nd position

This could make the leaderboards much more competitive and keep people motivated to keep playing the game, which will result in a more stable player base.
P.S. These leaderboard suggestions could also be done for weekly wins, monthly etc, and also not only for wins, but also for kills and other game objectives.

I know this is very similar to Hypixel's leaderboard system, but let's be real here, it is a really good system nontheles.
I really like the idea of being able to see your position in the leaderboards. I hope this gets implemented!
+1

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia

Not a competitive server? Take a look at the stats of the people in the leaderboards most of them are an insane amount of wins/kills. Have you played FFA or Duels? Some players are pretty good there... Minecraft is a game and therefore competitive in a degree. So yes, Cubecraft is a competitive server.
This idea isn’t only for competitive purposes but to motivate the players to keep playing. Something cubecraft lacks and hypixel exceeds, that’s why they’re 5 times bigger of a server.

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
Not a competitive server? Take a look at the stats of the people in the leaderboards most of them are an insane amount of wins/kills. Have you played FFA or Duels? Some players are pretty good there... Minecraft is a game and therefore competitive in a degree. So yes, Cubecraft is a competitive server.
This idea isn’t only for competitive purposes but to motivate the players to keep playing. Something cubecraft lacks and hypixel exceeds, that’s why they’re 5 times bigger of a server.
its not a competitive server if it was there would be ranked duels and ranked skywars and stuff like that
cube is a casual fun server with cool stuff thats why they add fun unpredictable games like battlezone and bingo because other servers dont ahve them, we do not want to copy hypixel and there leaderboards because they already have that and we would be acused of copying
just cause ppl are good does not mean it is competitive :)

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
its not a competitive server if it was there would be ranked duels and ranked skywars and stuff like that
cube is a casual fun server with cool stuff thats why they add fun unpredictable games like battlezone and bingo because other servers dont ahve them, we do not want to copy hypixel and there leaderboards because they already have that and we would be acused of copying
just cause ppl are good does not mean it is competitive :)
Who cares if cubecraft gets accused of copying? Hypixel didn’t make up the idea either, many video games allow the player to check their position and the other players’. It’s not an original idea, but it is indeed useful and so it should be added.
‘We don’t want to copy hypixel’ Hypixel has 5 times more players than CubeCraft does, a smart move would taking ideas from hypixel, giving them the cubecraft touch, and implementing them. Of course, CubeCraft must also be original.
I don’t understand what would be the problem with copying some of the ideas from hypixel. Hypixel is a 1.8 PvP style server, and CubeCraft is a modern 1.9 PvP style server. They both work in different areas, so it wouldn’t be such a big of a deal.
CubeCraft must be original but they should also be smart and take some ideas from different Minecraft servers.

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
Who cares if cubecraft gets accused of copying? Hypixel didn’t make up the idea either, many video games allow the player to check their position and the other players’. It’s not an original idea, but it is indeed useful and so it should be added.
‘We don’t want to copy hypixel’ Hypixel has 5 times more players than CubeCraft does, a smart move would taking ideas from hypixel, giving them the cubecraft touch, and implementing them. Of course, CubeCraft must also be original.
I don’t understand what would be the problem with copying some of the ideas from hypixel. Hypixel is a 1.8 PvP style server, and CubeCraft is a modern 1.9 PvP style server. They both work in different areas, so it wouldn’t be such a big of a deal.
CubeCraft must be original but they should also be smart and take some ideas from different Minecraft servers.
cube's method right now is doing fine because they create smart unique ideas and are successfull doing it, we do not need to start copying hypixel just because they get a few more players :)

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
cube's method right now is doing fine because they create smart unique ideas and are successfull doing it, we do not need to start copying hypixel just because they get a few more players :)
Yeah because 40k more players is “few”... Anyway, that´s just my point of view and I cannot force you to change yours. I hope the management team take our interventions into consideration when they decide wether to implement this or not.

Last edited:

iiJqlian_

Novice Member
May 3, 2018
SpeedEggwars
This is a very good idea. I like this suggestion. agree on this one to : ''This could make the leaderboards much more competitive and keep people motivated to keep playing the game, which will result in a more stable player base''

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom