Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
An easy game where you don't really need armor to defend?

You don't agree that invincible spawn players are way too OP. That's fine. But considering not everyone plays the way you do, and not everyone can, I don't see any problems with making it easier for players to play equally.

Neither do I.Like I said before, I don't care about this change. It does not effect me.

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
No. Sandstone should be brought back at the same price. They should make coloured clay more expensive because it's harder.
The problem is it gives people playing two player no chance to defend their egg. If you die, you can't even try to run away. They will have your egg destroyed and be ready to kill you before you respawn. The respawn timer ruins two player mode. (The only mode I play.) It doesn't help at all. If you and your teammate attack an island together, nakeds punching you is not a problem. They can keep the respawn timer in 3+ player games, but they should take it out of two player. It was designed for games with more players on a team after all. But honestly, who doesn't bring their teammate to attack an island? If you're going to refuse to communicate with your teammate, play singleplayer. People complain about stuff in multiplayer, but they don't organise their teams. I have one person who I ALWAYS play with, we Skype, and we only play certain maps. Why? We work together well, and those maps are the ones we're best on. We win just about every game. If you don't have someone to play with, don't complain about stuff in team games. You lost a battle against two nakeds? That's because you were alone. JUST PLAY SINGLEPLAYER! Don't request things that ruin teams when you aren't a team player.
Finally some (reasonably) valid arguments! If you comment something like this at the start of every discussion, things will be a lot quicker. Anyway, I agree that on low player maps this isn't as much of an issue, you can still run away, as you have invincibility, so I don't see a problem there. About the teammate help, what if you don't have a teammate (dead or stupid)?

One last thing I like to add: Be careful phrasing your arguments! You say ''The respawntimer ruins two player mode'' next you say ''Don't request things that ruin teams.'' Those are two different things.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Finally some (reasonably) valid arguments! If you comment something like this at the start of every discussion, things will be a lot quicker. Anyway, I agree that on low player maps this isn't as much of an issue, you can still run away, as you have invincibility, so I don't see a problem there. About the teammate help, what if you don't have a teammate (dead or stupid)?

One last thing I like to add: Be careful phrasing your arguments! You say ''The respawntimer ruins two player mode'' next you say ''Don't request things that ruin teams.'' Those are two different things.

Noted.

And about the teammate thing; I always play with a friend. Someone that I know and can Skype with. I don't see a reason to play teams if you don't have a friend to play with. The main problem is people don't coordinate and strategize with their teammate, and then they complain about losing battles when they are outnumbered. If both players on a team attack the same island, the two nakeds shouldn't be a problem.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I've never had a problem with nakeds punching me. Ever. I've said that before.

Also, some of us used the instant respawn and protection to defend our eggs. I mean, I don't die much defending my egg, but when I do, that's how I defend. Sometimes I'm able to win, other times not. It's still not a problem. The key thing is being sneaky. If you can get onto the island (e-pearls are actually useful here! Surprising, I know.) without being detected, you don't even have to deal with the enemy team. Problem is, this update made it a lot harder to sneak onto other islands.

An easy game where you don't really need armor to defend?

You don't agree that invincible spawn players are way too OP. That's fine. But considering not everyone plays the way you do, and not everyone can, I don't see any problems with making it easier for players to play equally.

How can "everyone" not defend without armour? It's the easiest thing to do! Even a noob could do so! If you have no gear, you should still try to kill the attacker. What you said here is pointless.
Ahem,
View attachment 134701

"New player" "noob"
Kinda strange for a player that wins 50% of his matches don't you think?

Now I'm not going to respond to comments before my comment here, because that would take too long and I feel like it has probably already been answered.

"With the new respawn system, people can't defend their eggs anymore"
Oh yes how unfair this is, a player comes to their island while avoiding all the punch bows and whatnot, killed the entire team on his own, and has a good enough pickaxe to break the egg. All the players died in a fair fight, they have no chance to defend their egg!

The enemies all fairly died and had no chance of winning anymore, however because of the old spawnprotection they can keep hitting you off the island for infinity while you can't do anything about it. To quote @Earth from this thread you guys need to read:
" Spawnprotection is nothing but a source of the most unfair, bad and cheapest wins for opponents while they clearly had no chance of winning anymore."

The spawnprotection is meant to give players a chance to escape their island or quickly make gear, and to prevent spawnkilling. NOT to defend your egg with it.

"You could just block yourself in"
Watch. The Video.
It's not a valid argument.

"With the new spawnprotection system you have no chance of running away"

You most definitely do. I don't know if you've noticed, but when you die, you still have 10 seconds of invulnerability. It just goes away when you hit someone because you were stupid enough to think you with no gear can defeat a fully equipped player attacking you.

As always, I support my arguments with proof:
My egg broke, I DID get a chance to run away and I even won the game.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/about-the-eggwars-spawnprotection.185821/
Just read this for once and tell me how the new respawn system isn't a giant improvement.

Out.

If you're getting hit off the island by nakeds, you're doing something wrong. Just build a sandstone wall.

The old respawn system gave players that otherwise would have no chance to survive a chance. This allowed games to go for longer and, in turn, be more fun.

I honestly see no truth or good reasons behind (most of) the arguments you make, but I'm still taking the time to respond and invalidate them. I don't know why anymore... It's just a waste of time because it's obvious I can't convince you. This is one of many reasons why I have lost hope in this community. Does anyone else feel the same way? These arguments go nowhere because people are too stubborn to admit that they're wrong. There are a lot of people who ignore others valid points, moving the argument back to square one. Am I the only one that realises how useless this is becoming? We are getting nowhere! I don't know if I should be sad that the devs actually implemented these things or mad at the community for wanting them. On every post to add e-pearls or a respawn timer that I saw, there were always more people against adding those things. Why did we get them then? I am so confused about that. Anyways, I feel like everything those of us that are against this update say is getting ignored. There's no point to what we are saying. No one is listening, so why should we try? This is update made me quit eggwars and has made me want to leave this forum.

So, for real this time, goodbye. I'm not coming back, but I hope that Cubecraft realises their mistake with this update and fixes it. Anyways, goodbye everyone.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
upload_2017-6-30_18-45-1-gif.134634

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
CommandantSlime said:

Cool. You never had an issue.

CommandantSlime said:
Also, some of us used the instant respawn and protection to defend our eggs. I mean, I don't die much defending my egg, but when I do, that's how I defend. Sometimes I'm able to win, other times not. It's still not a problem. The key thing is being sneaky. If you can get onto the island (e-pearls are actually useful here! Surprising, I know.) without being detected, you don't even have to deal with the enemy team. Problem is, this update made it a lot harder to sneak onto other islands.

"Harder to sneak onto other islands." Yes, because people who don't realize that a player with a different color name tag is on their island, realized people wear different armor. Not a new argument. I'm just going to use one of your more favorite methods of arguments. Creating scenarios. Colored blocks can give away your location. So why not use obsidian? Who doesn't come prepared?

Thing is, you can pretty much sneak onto any island whether you have colored armor or not. I've said not to long ago, go naked or go with non leather armor. Don't tell me you spend you entire game sneaking to based in leather armor. Or you can simply sneak while breaking the blocks surrounding the eggs. In my experience, very little people bother checking their eggs after they got it fully obbied.

CommandantSlime said:
How can "everyone" not defend without armour? It's the easiest thing to do! Even a noob could do so! If you have no gear, you should still try to kill the attacker. What you said here is pointless.

What I said wasn't pointless. You just didn't understand what it meant. I'm talking about managing to keep these guys from turning you into a punching bag.

CommandantSlime said:
If you're getting hit off the island by nakeds, you're doing something wrong. Just build a sandstone wall.

The old respawn system gave players that otherwise would have no chance to survive a chance. This allowed games to go for longer and, in turn, be more fun.

You can't assume every naked is an idiot when it comes to this game. Building a sandstone wall wouldn't be as easy as you make it sound when you have a guy who knows what they are doing. Don't tell me you've never managed to punch someone off even though they were trying to build themselves in. The respawn timer gives the attacker a chance to break the egg. This doesn't mean that the other player still can't defend.

CommandantSlime said:
I honestly see no truth or good reasons behind (most of) the arguments you make, but I'm still taking the time to respond and invalidate them. I don't know why anymore... It's just a waste of time because it's obvious I can't convince you. This is one of many reasons why I have lost hope in this community. Does anyone else feel the same way? These arguments go nowhere because people are too stubborn to admit that they're wrong. There are a lot of people who ignore others valid points, moving the argument back to square one. Am I the only one that realises how useless this is becoming? We are getting nowhere!

Please take a look at the last dozen post you made. Take into context of when you said them and what you said after. Hmm, I wonder who keeps bringing this discussion back to square one.

"Stubborn to admit they are wrong." Great critique!

CommandantSlime said:
I don't know if I should be sad that the devs actually implemented these things or mad at the community for wanting them. On every post to add e-pearls or a respawn timer that I saw, there were always more people against adding those things. Why did we get them then? I am so confused about that. Anyways, I feel like everything those of us that are against this update say is getting ignored. There's no point to what we are saying. No one is listening, so why should we try? This is update made me quit eggwars and has made me want to leave this forum.

You've admitted that those against this idea, is a minority compared to the positive response. I feel like you're just dramatizing every thing. That doesn't mean you are being ignore. You want something, but you aren't willing to wait.

CommandantSlime said:
So, for real this time, goodbye. I'm not coming back, but I hope that Cubecraft realises their mistake with this update and fixes it. Anyways, goodbye everyone.

Goodbye for the 10th time.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Noted.

And about the teammate thing; I always play with a friend. Someone that I know and can Skype with. I don't see a reason to play teams if you don't have a friend to play with. The main problem is people don't coordinate and strategize with their teammate, and then they complain about losing battles when they are outnumbered. If both players on a team attack the same island, the two nakeds shouldn't be a problem.
It might sound a bit cocky, but I play teams because I win solo too often. I need 2-4 players against me for a challenge. I'm not saying that the should change the game to fit this play style, but in cases of being the last man standing of your team you should get a fair change to attack the egg

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017

I honestly see no truth or good reasons behind (most of) the arguments you make, but I'm still taking the time to respond and invalidate them. I don't know why anymore... It's just a waste of time because it's obvious I can't convince you. This is one of many reasons why I have lost hope in this community. Does anyone else feel the same way? These arguments go nowhere because people are too stubborn to admit that they're wrong. There are a lot of people who ignore others valid points, moving the argument back to square one. Am I the only one that realises how useless this is becoming? We are getting nowhere! I don't know if I should be sad that the devs actually implemented these things or mad at the community for wanting them. On every post to add e-pearls or a respawn timer that I saw, there were always more people against adding those things. Why did we get them then? I am so confused about that. Anyways, I feel like everything those of us that are against this update say is getting ignored. There's no point to what we are saying. No one is listening, so why should we try? This is update made me quit eggwars and has made me want to leave this forum.

Those players got their change when outnumbering a guy (all have gear), they shouldn't get a second change with no gear. At least not a fair one, which was the case before the timer.
You talk about truth? Give us some threads where more people are against these features.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space

This is going too far.
Sorry, but the one being too stubborn to admit that he is wrong is certainly you this time.
I've supplied plenty of proof for all my points, yet you have supplied none.

This is my final attempt to show you that (some of) the things you say are just blatantly wrong, and I, unlike you, will supply proof with every claim I make this time.

Here we go....
In this video, I built a sandstone wall, yet I still got fisted to death. Proven wrong.
The old respawn system gave players that otherwise would have no chance to survive a chance
So does the new system:
This allowed games to go for longer and, in turn, be more fun.
On every post to add e-pearls or a respawn timer that I saw, there were always more people against adding those things.
The majority is in favour of the respawn timer. Here's my proof for you:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/respawning.191228/
77% Thinks otherwise
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/spawn-protection.190582
75% Thinks otherwise
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/reduce-spawn-protection-in-eggwars.96616
Plenty of people liked this as well.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/2-eggwars-suggestions-food-kit-respawn-fix.190535/
Votes for a respawn timer are 11 to 1.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestion-changing-the-way-players-respawn-in-egg-wars.186660/
No negative replies.
And would you take a look at the poll of this:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-spawn-protection.183467/

Now let's look at a thread complaining about it:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/remove-the-respawn-timer-altogether.191815
10 different people replied they prefer the new one and gave their reasons for it.
The only one complaining about it was the person who made the thread.
Just click on the link if you don't believe me.

That's a large freaking majority in favor of the new system.

Why did we get them then?
People wanted it. Question answered

Out.

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016
No. Sandstone should be brought back at the same price. They should make coloured clay more expensive because it's harder.

It should me more expensive. Using sandstone can be a strategy if you want to stay unidentified. Clay is colored so players will who's been there. If it was built with sandstone no one will know it was you.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Top Bottom