Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I played EggWars for 24H straight and these are the Issues I found
(Yes I really played for 24 Hours straight)

- Map Selection Issues
- Unloaded Entities
- Death Glitch

- No Kill Credit for voids (Still)
- Generator/Shop Particles
- Shop Glitch
- Gold Time

- Hypixel Maps
- Hiding in Shop(skin)
- Hard to Escape Rooms
- Featured Maps
- Generator Skins

- Shop Issues with Controller
- Menu’s won’t open(spectating)
- NA servers unoptimized(slower than EU)
- “Your team came First” message

Now there is many more issues not discussed above, but this is just to keep the post somewhat “short”

Map Selection Issues

Sometimes when selecting maps in lobby or when spectating and using map selection, for example, “Cyber City” shows up with 0 players online. When clicking the map the server gives you an error message, even if the game is still ready, and sometimes this can happen 2-3times resulting in the map you wanted to join go offline or be filled.

Unloaded Entities
Typically after a long play session on Cubecraft entities from past games start building up, this can include and is not limited to, Armor, swords, players, shops(skins), blocks, and pickaxes. This is an issue as it can cause lag overtime and even cause issues in game causing key features being practically disabled(no pass through).

Death Glitch
This usually happens when falling into the void, you drop all ypur items when getting killed and get prompted with Minecrafts “Respawn / Main Menu” screen. After pressing “Respawn” cubecraft fails to remove your “Alive” tag from your player and the game still believes you are alive when you are in Vanish. Causing the game to go until you, or the last player alive leaves the game.

No Kill Credit for voids (Still)
Self explanatory, do I have to explain this one? Okay I will cause cubecraft said they fixed it when all they did was reduce how much it happens. WHEN I VOID SOMEONE right we understand this part, WHEN I VOID SOMEONE IT DOES NOT GIVE ME THE KILL CREDIT, okay I think we all understand now :)

Generator/Shop Particles
Why was this ever added? The chat prompt is enough and maybe even adding a hotbar/taskbar prompt would be good enough too. But no, we won’t add a entity around the shop to prevent placment there, but we will add particles which will make players frames drop even more. And yes, I have bullied a few players by ruining their frames by placing 17blocks a second on shop/gen. Even on a RTX3070, clicking at 17cps on the gen my frames will drop at most by 50FPS on a 3070! and average by 30. Now imagine that on last gen consoles or even some lower end/average devices.

Shop Glitch
When pressing a option in the Menu of a Shop or other menu the window closes, but it does not recognize what you selected right before it closed. This causes a LOT of problems in eggwars as the only way to obtain loot is through a menu, but when navigating through that menu. The menu randomly closing for no reason is in my experience completely random and unavoidable. This can cause you to lose when defending your base, due to the menu randomly closing, it closes on everything, including Armor, Weapons, Food and etc. This is a big problem for ALL players.

Gold Time
When playing Eggwars it feels like I can instantly get full Obsidian in less than 60 seconds without ever leaving my base, before the update where generators started 5 seconds before game started I never seen people speedrun full Obsidian, getting Gaps to spam or even a full Iron kit(chain+sword). This feels like a problem and doesn't make eggwars feel like eggwars for me.

Hypixel Maps
Recently the new maps, especially in Teams of 2, feel like they are HEAVILY inspired by Hypixels Bedwars. A great example of this is the winter map "Cyber Snow" Other maps show resemblance as well such as "Fairy Tale" "Town" and "Chocolate".
What I am getting at is that at the base there is a cutout inside of a structure where the generators are(Cyber Snow, Diamond gen, Fairytale Gold+Diamond) and next to the spawn island and inbetween the opposing teams there is a meeting Generator(Fairytale, big bridge thing. Cyber Snow Diamond Gen(2). Town, Fountain with gens).
I feel like this map take away a lot of what makes Eggwars Eggwars, you feel what I mean? Especially the larger teams map of 8+ teams, or like the 32 player maps in squads, that doesn't feel like Eggwars that feels like Bedwards.

Hiding in Shops
Larger shop skins that totally encase a player from site should not be added to the game, not only does it make it difficult to spot the player, it's harder to hit them. Now I know the shop skin doesn't change the hitbox, but it doesn't help that you can't see the player through the shop when it FULLY encases them. Especially with the Halloween shop skin with the monster inside. I have had multiple games where I had to buy a player tracker just to figure out where they are. And then have to figure out how to hit them out of the shop.

Hard to Escape rooms
This is most noticeable in Cyber City and Town, where players will hide in either the Diamond Generator(cyber snow) or hide under the covered porch(Town). This basically prevents any knockback, due to blocks above the players head or panes/fences/bars stopping the player from taking knockback out of the room. It is very annoying especially if the player has full Iron armor and you have the weaker sword or weaker armor. I feel like it's more of an incentive to extend the time of games rather than map decoration.
Unlike Modern where the house has multiple entrances/exits, the flower room in Town only has the one front entrance, same as the one in Cyber City.

Featured Maps
This is VERY annoying, especially weeks after the maps come out, I get why they are featured and why they are more common, but at later times(like 4am PST) where Asia servers are most active, it feels like 9/10 games are the featured maps, now this is a few weeks AFTER the Easter update, why am I still getting queued into easter maps 10x more than all the other maps. I believe featured/new maps should be more common while featured, but I think they should be half as common as they are now then they where in the first week. Not just for me but for the Asian community who don't have enough players on already to open more maps other than the featured ones.
They are just WAY too common to be enjoyable.

Generator Skins
Why do they have a hitbox? Also I was told by a Developer "We are not going to add hitboxes around shops and generators to stop ghost bridging" But then you go and add hitboxes to shop skins and to generators.
See Unloaded Entities for more info

Shop Issues with Controller
With controller the Selection automatically goes to the "X" this is an issue with controllers as it makes shops slower, and unlike the old shop it does not Auto Default on the first purchasable item, it defaults onto the X. Not only that but the shop does not even tell the player that it has been defaulted on X, it's just ghosted and shows no selection at all until you move down once, but even moving down once it does not show what you are hovering over/selected. This is a big issue for controllers in my pov.

Menu’s won’t open(spectating)
After being eliminated you can no longer open the "Play Again" menu, I have no idea why this has happened or how it even became an issue in the first place, no offense, but the cubecraft staff aren't the greatest at the game and it seems like they get eliminated a lot, no clue how this blew past them. In all realness how did this even get put into the game? It's not that hard to spot....

NA servers unoptimized(slower than EU)
As an North American player(west coast) I get 110 ping to NA servers, but the shops on EU(I get 220) open faster than NA. How this exists I have no clue, maybe they host in NA is literally built off of a potato or they just don't care as much as NA because 90% of the staff are in the EU.

"Your team came first" message
After being eliminated and you continue spectating the game you will get the "Your team came 1st" message

Last edited:

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Well, did you make bug reports on all of them with proof?
I think the Death Glitch would be great since you have reproduction steps?!
If yes, great! Why'd you make the thread tho
If no, go make it! They'd be very happy to add them to their bug tracer software!! Why'd you make the thread tho

And something I've actually been wondering about, why do you change the font size. It's so big :(

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Half of them have already been pushed in Update Log on discord1!!!!
When did I say this?
Map Selection Issues
Sometimes when selecting maps in lobby or when spectating and using map selection, for example, “Cyber City” shows up with 0 players online. When clicking the map the server gives you an error message, even if the game is still ready, and sometimes this can happen 2-3times resulting in the map you wanted to join go offline or be filled.
With controller the Selection automatically goes to the "X" this is an issue with controllers as it makes shops slower, and unlike the old shop it does not Auto Default on the first purchasable item, it defaults onto the X. Not only that but the shop does not even tell the player that it has been defaulted on X, it's just ghosted and shows no selection at all until you move down once, but even moving down once it does not show what you are hovering over/selected. This is a big issue for controllers in my pov.
Hard to Escape rooms
This is most noticeable in Cyber City and Town, where players will hide in either the Diamond Generator(cyber snow) or hide under the covered porch(Town). This basically prevents any knockback, due to blocks above the players head or panes/fences/bars stopping the player from taking knockback out of the room. It is very annoying especially if the player has full Iron armor and you have the weaker sword or weaker armor. I feel like it's more of an incentive to extend the time of games rather than map decoration.
Unlike Modern where the house has multiple entrances/exits, the flower room in Town only has the one front entrance, same as the one in Cyber City.

Hypixel Maps
Recently the new maps, especially in Teams of 2, feel like they are HEAVILY inspired by Hypixels Bedwars. A great example of this is the winter map "Cyber Snow" Other maps show resemblance as well such as "Fairy Tale" "Town" and "Chocolate".
What I am getting at is that at the base there is a cutout inside of a structure where the generators are(Cyber Snow, Diamond gen, Fairytale Gold+Diamond) and next to the spawn island and inbetween the opposing teams there is a meeting Generator(Fairytale, big bridge thing. Cyber Snow Diamond Gen(2). Town, Fountain with gens).
I feel like this map take away a lot of what makes Eggwars Eggwars, you feel what I mean? Especially the larger teams map of 8+ teams, or like the 32 player maps in squads, that doesn't feel like Eggwars that feels like Bedwards.
Gold Time
When playing Eggwars it feels like I can instantly get full Obsidian in less than 60 seconds without ever leaving my base, before the update where generators started 5 seconds before game started I never seen people speedrun full Obsidian, getting Gaps to spam or even a full Iron kit(chain+sword). This feels like a problem and doesn't make eggwars feel like eggwars for me.
Generator/Shop Particles
Why was this ever added? The chat prompt is enough and maybe even adding a hotbar/taskbar prompt would be good enough too. But no, we won’t add a entity around the shop to prevent placement there, but we will add particles which will make players frames drop even more. And yes, I have bullied a few players by ruining their frames by placing 17blocks a second on shop/gen. Even on a RTX3070, clicking at 17cps on the gen my frames will drop at most by 50FPS on a 3070! and average by 30. Now imagine that on last gen consoles or even some lower end/average devices.
That is why? Not really bugs, majority of these things weren't. Still more of them there that aren't bugs
And something I've actually been wondering about, why do you change the font size. It's so big :(
People can't read and/or too lazy, I am titling the main parts and adding the smaller text under it to be more descriptive.
I mean I learned that in school I expect everyone here has gone through enough education to understand that, saying you have to be 13+. :)

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
If no, go make it! They'd be very happy to add them to their bug tracer software!! Why'd you make the thread tho

Here I edited the top part of my thread, the Blue is an issue in cubecraft that is not a bug, and the Green/ Turquois is a bug. As you can see, the majority are actual suggestions

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I played EggWars for 24H straight and these are the Issues I found
(Yes I really played for 24 Hours straight)

- Map Selection Issues
- Unloaded Entities
- Death Glitch

- No Kill Credit for voids (Still)
- Generator/Shop Particles
- Shop Glitch
- Gold Time

- Hypixel Maps
- Hiding in Shop(skin)
- Hard to Escape Rooms
- Featured Maps
- Generator Skins

- Shop Issues with Controller
- Menu’s won’t open(spectating)
- NA servers unoptimized(slower than EU)
- “Your team came First” message

Now there is many more issues not discussed above, but this is just to keep the post somewhat “short”

Map Selection Issues

Unloaded Entities
Typically after a long play session on Cubecraft entities from past games start building up, this can include and is not limited to, Armor, swords, players, shops(skins), blocks, and pickaxes. This is an issue as it can cause lag overtime and even cause issues in game causing key features being practically disabled(no pass through).

Death Glitch
This usually happens when falling into the void, you drop all ypur items when getting killed and get prompted with Minecrafts “Respawn / Main Menu” screen. After pressing “Respawn” cubecraft fails to remove your “Alive” tag from your player and the game still believes you are alive when you are in Vanish. Causing the game to go until you, or the last player alive leaves the game.

No Kill Credit for voids (Still)
Self explanatory, do I have to explain this one? Okay I will cause cubecraft said they fixed it when all they did was reduce how much it happens. WHEN I VOID SOMEONE right we understand this part, WHEN I VOID SOMEONE IT DOES NOT GIVE ME THE KILL CREDIT, okay I think we all understand now :)

Generator/Shop Particles
Why was this ever added? The chat prompt is enough and maybe even adding a hotbar/taskbar prompt would be good enough too. But no, we won’t add a entity around the shop to prevent placment there, but we will add particles which will make players frames drop even more. And yes, I have bullied a few players by ruining their frames by placing 17blocks a second on shop/gen. Even on a RTX3070, clicking at 17cps on the gen my frames will drop at most by 50FPS on a 3070! and average by 30. Now imagine that on last gen consoles or even some lower end/average devices.

Shop Glitch
When pressing a option in the Menu of a Shop or other menu the window closes, but it does not recognize what you selected right before it closed. This causes a LOT of problems in eggwars as the only way to obtain loot is through a menu, but when navigating through that menu. The menu randomly closing for no reason is in my experience completely random and unavoidable. This can cause you to lose when defending your base, due to the menu randomly closing, it closes on everything, including Armor, Weapons, Food and etc. This is a big problem for ALL players.

Gold Time

Hypixel Maps

Hiding in Shops
Larger shop skins that totally encase a player from site should not be added to the game, not only does it make it difficult to spot the player, it's harder to hit them. Now I know the shop skin doesn't change the hitbox, but it doesn't help that you can't see the player through the shop when it FULLY encases them. Especially with the Halloween shop skin with the monster inside. I have had multiple games where I had to buy a player tracker just to figure out where they are. And then have to figure out how to hit them out of the shop.

Hard to Escape rooms

Featured Maps
This is VERY annoying, especially weeks after the maps come out, I get why they are featured and why they are more common, but at later times(like 4am PST) where Asia servers are most active, it feels like 9/10 games are the featured maps, now this is a few weeks AFTER the Easter update, why am I still getting queued into easter maps 10x more than all the other maps. I believe featured/new maps should be more common while featured, but I think they should be half as common as they are now then they where in the first week. Not just for me but for the Asian community who don't have enough players on already to open more maps other than the featured ones.
They are just WAY too common to be enjoyable.

Generator Skins
Why do they have a hitbox? Also I was told by a Developer "We are not going to add hitboxes around shops and generators to stop ghost bridging" But then you go and add hitboxes to shop skins and to generators.
See Unloaded Entities for more info

Menu’s won’t open(spectating)
After being eliminated you can no longer open the "Play Again" menu, I have no idea why this has happened or how it even became an issue in the first place, no offense, but the cubecraft staff aren't the greatest at the game and it seems like they get eliminated a lot, no clue how this blew past them. In all realness how did this even get put into the game? It's not that hard to spot....

NA servers unoptimized(slower than EU)
As an North American player(west coast) I get 110 ping to NA servers, but the shops on EU(I get 220) open faster than NA. How this exists I have no clue, maybe they host in NA is literally built off of a potato or they just don't care as much as NA because 90% of the staff are in the EU.

"Your team came first" message
After being eliminated and you continue spectating the game you will get the "Your team came 1st" message

You are right, there are many things that have to be fixed asap on bedrock. As people started above open bug reports for those bugs you have exposed on this thread. With regar to your suggestions, I agree with them and I think this thread will help staff make the gamemode much better from now on.

dvodany

Spytastic
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 9, 2020
Czech Republic
This is not finished, I was on mobile and the website is so unoptimized I never got to finish the post
Man, respect to you I also wrote few threads on my Mobile(Samsung Galaxy J3, 2016) and it was terrible. If finding this bugs took you 24 hours, than writing this suggestion must took you twice as much.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
When did I say this?
Your explanation about it contains it, sort of. "This usually happens when falling into the void, you drop all ypur items when getting killed and get prompted with Minecrafts “Respawn / Main Menu” screen." I interpreted this as a fairly consistent way of getting the bug.

That is why? Not really bugs, majority of these things weren't. Still more of them there that aren't bugs
None of these were present at my time of reading. I did not expect this much to be missing from the thread. I do see why you made a thread now, yes.
People can't read and/or too lazy, I am titling the main parts and adding the smaller text under it to be more descriptive.
I mean I learned that in school I expect everyone here has gone through enough education to understand that, saying you have to be 13+. :)
If you want to make it readable, I suggest you take a look at LaTeX. Truly the best!

About the not getting a void kill, if you could get a clip of that I can send it to Younisco again. After the (fix of the) fix I have not had any trouble with it.

And the "your team came first", the message should appear when your team either wins or gets eliminated. With the right number of course, if this is not the case a bug report would fix it quite quick I think. (Was already fixed once on Java I believe)

As for the feedback points,

All gens now start when the countdown begins. This gives for a bit more resources at start on Bedrock, and a bit less on Java. I find this system more fair for all players, not every wants to speedrun games. Players want to be able to defend themselves and their egg. This gives slower, less experienced players a chance to do before being overran in the first minute of the game while not even having armour and a good Egg defence yet.

The large amount of seasonal maps on Java was a bug I believe. They forgot to change the occurrence rate down after a week. This might be the same on Bedrock?

I do not see any real problems with having placing with only one entrance. If I understand correctly, the problem with them is that you can't win from players with better gear because you can't knock them off. I am aware this is coming from a Java players perspective, but the beauty of Eggwars really does not lie in fast games for me. These one exit rooms are excellent for obby trapping, tnt spam and peaceful moment to gap while not having to worry about flying of the edge.

As for the Hypixel maps, I only had this feeling with Cyber Snow. Which was an experiment to see how it would impact gameplay. I really wasn't a fan of it, and I think most people weren't either.
For Fairytale and Town, both are excellent maps in my eyes. Fairytale has all gens on your spawn island (for sure on Java, I am fairly certain this is also the case on Bedrock). As far Town, again I do not see any direct issue with it. Gens on a semi mid, while your spawn island is also directly connected to the ring around mid is not a bad thing right? On the contrary, players have to leave to island if they want diamond even after upgrading the base/closest diamond gen. I would think this is something positive for far faster games. (Greater delay between diamond gen and defending the egg).
And lastly, the bigger maps, more players more fun! I think you're talking about Eggs, and this is a really fun map imo, I have played really fun games on it. Not speedrunning wise, but I don't think that's the essence of Eggwars in the first place. As a side note, Bedwars does not have teams of 4 maps with 8 teams.

Hiding in shops is well, annoying but not an issue for me. You can always use tnt to either blow them out or blow them up.

I will not comment on the very Bedrock specific stuff as I don't play Eggwars on it very often.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Your explanation about it contains it, sort of. "This usually happens when falling into the void, you drop all ypur items when getting killed and get prompted with Minecrafts “Respawn / Main Menu” screen." I interpreted this as a fairly consistent way of getting the bug.
Falling in the void IS NOT the problem, it just typically happens when a player falls in the void and that is the screen they get prompted with
All gens now start when the countdown begins. This gives for a bit more resources at start on Bedrock, and a bit less on Java. I find this system more fair for all players, not every wants to speedrun games. Players want to be able to defend themselves and their egg. This gives slower, less experienced players a chance to do before being overran in the first minute of the game while not even having armour and a good Egg defence yet.
It's not for the point of speedrunning games, it's making fights more weird, because by the time you push a base the other player has a iron sword and no armor, 16gold within 20seconds of the game doesn't sound fair.
Even if I were to get an iron sword from middle the player at their base can have an iron sword in the same amount of time. That is the problem
The large amount of seasonal maps on Java was a bug I believe. They forgot to change the occurrence rate down after a week. This might be the same on Bedrock?
They raised the amount as you can see in Changelog, it was intentional.
I do not see any real problems with having placing with only one entrance. If I understand correctly, the problem with them is that you can't win from players with better gear because you can't knock them off. I am aware this is coming from a Java players perspective, but the beauty of Eggwars really does not lie in fast games for me. These one exit rooms are excellent for obby trapping, tnt spam and peaceful moment to gap while not having to worry about flying of the edge.
It's not the fact you can't hit them off either, it's that you can't do anything because they are stuck in a corner and it's just a trade fight, you can't strafe, and you can't combo. Fights shouldn't be about who trades with better gear, but about who is the better player
As for the Hypixel maps, I only had this feeling with Cyber Snow. Which was an experiment to see how it would impact gameplay. I really wasn't a fan of it, and I think most people weren't either.
As an eggwars player and someone who has much experience with bedwars on Hypixel I see a lot more similarities from the 2 servers than I did last year. Especially with the newer releases of maps.
For Fairytale and Town, both are excellent maps in my eyes. Fairytale has all gens on your spawn island (for sure on Java, I am fairly certain this is also the case on Bedrock). As far Town, again I do not see any direct issue with it. Gens on a semi mid, while your spawn island is also directly connected to the ring around mid is not a bad thing right?
At side base you have both a Gold and Diamond generator, in center mid you have to travel 3x as far to reach the Diamond generators at that center, SURE they are faster but it's faster to just upgrade the one next to you within 10seconds because that's all you need to do, the generator at side base is not offline, but is level 1.
And lastly, the bigger maps, more players more fun! I think you're talking about Eggs, and this is a really fun map imo, I have played really fun games on it. Not speedrunning wise, but I don't think that's the essence of Eggwars in the first place. As a side note, Bedwars does not have teams of 4 maps with 8 teams.
More players doesn't make it more fun, it makes the games twice as long, those players that played 40minute games on Modern are now playing over 1hour games in Fairytale, after a while the players start slowly leaving, not making the game more fun but less fun. As the longer those games reach those tiems the more players leave due to school or other IRL things.

Cubecraft should be looking at maps that average 15minute games rather than 1+hours

Hiding in shops is well, annoying but not an issue for me. You can always use tnt to either blow them out or blow them up.
yea but the fact is YOU CAN'T SEE THEM, due to larger shop skins that fully encase the player

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
yea but the fact is YOU CAN'T SEE THEM, due to larger shop skins that fully encase the player
That's probably one of the biggest problems the Bedrock Network has in the EggWars gamemode, as there are shop skins that are simply huge and can hide other players inside. CubeCraft should work on a solution for this.

• Agree
Reactions: dvodany

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
24 hours straight💀 How… I can’t even play 4 hours in a straight
Second on leaderboards battling for my position, blah blah blah.
That's probably one of the biggest problems the Bedrock Network has in the EggWars gamemode, as there are shop skins that are simply huge and can hide other players inside. CubeCraft should work on a solution for this.
FR, I get kids camping, liek ACTUALLY camping inside the shop for 5+minutes. Keep in mind they are camping, they don't even leave the shop to go buy loot.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hello Darkstray,

Whilst the exact reason as to why this thread was created isn’t exactly clear, it doesn’t seem like you’re giving any feedback or are suggesting anything?

For the bugs you mentioned, you can report them at the bug report section. That something has been fixed according to changelog, doesn’t mean that we tested every possible scenario or that test and production servers always give the same outcome to bug fixes ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom