Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should CubeCraft use someone else's anti-cheat for the time being?

• Yes, this make sense.

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No, stick with the old customs.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Caboozled_Pie

Sep 5, 2016
CubeCraft Forums
www.cubecraft.net
I still don't understand why CubeCraft doesn't use someone else's anti-cheat while CubeCraft is still developing their anti-cheat?

I mean, even I, a person who loves CubeCraft, doesn't want to play any CubeCraft games until the anti-cheat comes out. Why don't you use someone else's anti-cheat just for the time being?

I'm not ranting, but.... the hacking has gone to a level so extreme that many people don't even want to play on this server anymore, at least until CubeCraft's anti-cheat, which is taking a long time, comes out. I'm okay with the fact that Cubecraft can't finish their anti-cheat very quickly. This is understandable. But, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't at least try to find a replacement for now.

To be honest, there are two options:

1. Stick to your old customs, and tell everyone to be patient for like an entire year until the anti-cheat comes out.
2. Use someone else's anti-cheat while you're not done. Then, you can replace it.

I think that option number 2 is much better.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I would say that too. Cube claims it's because "they want to be as original as possible." As far as I know, most anticheats work the same way: detect hacks and even autoban hackers. May I add something we players did when we joined the server?

NOTE: This is just a point below. No petition or anything to offend staff is intended.

We came as players who wanted to have fun, not as mini-staff/reporters doing janitor work. Where's the fun we came for? By this logic, we are all breaking the rules for being mini-staff and all the fun is out of the server. We're effectively forced to play like staff by reporting, and if we wanted to be actual staff, we would have applied for that long ago. Some of us don't have the time to spare to report and the amount of time taken to report builds up to days or weeks worth of time!

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I still don't understand why CubeCraft doesn't use someone else's anti-cheat while CubeCraft is still developing their anti-cheat?

I mean, even I, a person who loves CubeCraft, doesn't want to play any CubeCraft games until the anti-cheat comes out. Why don't you use someone else's anti-cheat just for the time being?

I'm not ranting, but.... the hacking has gone to a level so extreme that many people don't even want to play on this server anymore, at least until CubeCraft's anti-cheat, which is taking a long time, comes out. I'm okay with the fact that Cubecraft can't finish their anti-cheat very quickly. This is understandable. But, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't at least try to find a replacement for now.

To be honest, there are two options:

1. Stick to your old customs, and tell everyone to be patient for like an entire year until the anti-cheat comes out.
2. Use someone else's anti-cheat while you're not done. Then, you can replace it.

I think that option number 2 is much better.
First, CCG is in competition. In other words, no one is going to lend CCG an anti-cheat unless if it is one of those wannabe servers. Even then, the anti-cheat is going to suck (it's a small server anyways). Basically, it just means that no matter what, you will have to wait. Sorry!
I would say that too. Cube claims it's because "they want to be as original as possible." As far as I know, most anticheats work the same way: detect hacks and even autoban hackers. May I add something we players did when we joined the server?

NOTE: This is just a point below. No petition or anything to offend staff is intended.

We came as players who wanted to have fun, not as mini-staff/reporters doing janitor work. Where's the fun we came for? By this logic, we are all breaking the rules for being mini-staff and all the fun is out of the server. We're effectively forced to play like staff by reporting, and if we wanted to be actual staff, we would have applied for that long ago. Some of us don't have the time to spare to report and the amount of time taken to report builds up to days or weeks worth of time!
Neither does staff. All of the staff members are VOLUNTEERS and are not paid. Basically it means that each staff member has to do reports in your spare time. Also it's ridiculous that you complain about hacking when you tried to suggest automatic flying in like eggwars. Not a single person has to be mini-staff. It's also voluntarily and no one forces you to.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Arenz they currently using ncp
There's a big problem with using OpenSource anti-cheats like NoCheat+ and AdvancedAntiCheat, is that there are specifically designed hacked clients, made to counter-act the anti-cheat as well as it can, without you getting picked up or punished by it.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
There's a big problem with using OpenSource anti-cheats like NoCheat+ and AdvancedAntiCheat, is that there are specifically designed hacked clients, made to counter-act the anti-cheat as well as it can, without you getting picked up or punished by it.
yes but aac is still much better than ncp

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
What about no anticheat until they finished it? Better than getting kicked for nokb, breaking blocks too fast and fighting speed to fast all the time. The current beta anticheat that they are developing right now just sucks.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Use someone else's anti-cheat while you're not done. Then, you can replace it.
sadly they can't :(
no good minecraft server will want to give someone else their anti-cheat for several reasons
-Competition between servers
-Fear of the anti-cheat getting a counter for hackers to use
-No 100% that it will work
-Many Hacked clients are made to counter anti-cheats because it is public and hackers can use it to find it weak points
Stick to your old customs, and tell everyone to be patient for like an entire year until the anti-cheat comes out.
They are in beta so you can easily say SoonTM (i am expecting it to be done before 2017) btw it isn't that easy to code a really good anti-cheat, they don't just fall from the sky

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
In long run if the cubecraft devs know what they are doing with their anticheat it will be worth it. I think the reason they are using their anticheat right now is to get a ton of info on how to change it.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
In long run if the cubecraft devs know what they are doing with their anticheat it will be worth it. I think the reason they are using their anticheat right now is to get a ton of info on how to change it.
But why not modify AAC with their current anticheat? NCP is still not original. Devs can still work on the real anticheat while a temporary one is in place.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I still don't understand; many people have at least better anti-cheats than a beta one. Why don't we replace the beta one until we have a complete one?
As Cube stated months ago, it's to keep their plugins original. There's some minigames that need custom plugins but that's easy to implement in a modified public anticheat like AAC. Heck, even NCP is a public anticheat.

Caboozled_Pie

Sep 5, 2016
CubeCraft Forums
www.cubecraft.net
As Cube stated months ago, it's to keep their plugins original. There's some minigames that need custom plugins but that's easy to implement in a modified public anticheat like AAC. Heck, even NCP is a public anticheat.
Lol, I guess. I don't really know whether or not "keeping their plugins original" is going to be a good thing in the long run.
I guess, but they are letting hackers take the opportunity of the beta anti-cheat.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
... That wouldn't work either, you literally would have to quit/lose 80% of your games to hackers. 10% of the games, the hacker is on your team, and you win. The other 10%, you actually get a fair game.
i played maybe a total of 6 games during this game and NO HACKER! maybe their was because people now a days blame hacks if they die so i am not sure if they are saying the truth but i did not even encounter one during this duration
I still don't understand; many people have at least better anti-cheats than a beta one. Why don't we replace the beta one until we have a complete one?
I just mentioned it above...
sadly they can't :(
no good minecraft server will want to give someone else their anti-cheat for several reasons
-Competition between servers
-Fear of the anti-cheat getting a counter for hackers to use
-No 100% that it will work
-Many Hacked clients are made to counter anti-cheats because it is public and hackers can use it to find it weak points

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Top Bottom