Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How do you feel about it?

• And tell us why you voted!! Feedback!! :)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
F

Facelurite

He can only forward it to the management team.
As he said, "me no dev", and he is not a builder or something.
Uh huh. I know... Him saying that is an indicator that managaement has not started gettibg ready to make changes for an update. As an admin he knows whats going on.

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
Once again, another "update to a version of Minecraft that doesn't exist" thread. We get it, you want us to update. We can't do that before the update is out, it's just not possible to do. Whatever benefits you may think there are to be gained in updating may not even be accurate because....yep, the update isn't out yet! Be a little patient, code doesn't magically update itself, it takes time, effort and money to change. We aren't ignoring the fact that there are updates on the horizon, not sure why you think we are :)

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Once again, another "update to a version of Minecraft that doesn't exist" thread. We get it, you want us to update. We can't do that before the update is out, it's just not possible to do. Whatever benefits you may think there are to be gained in updating may not even be accurate because....yep, the update isn't out yet! Be a little patient, code doesn't magically update itself, it takes time, effort and money to change. We aren't ignoring the fact that there are updates on the horizon, not sure why you think we are :)
But... there's screenshots and you can try to make a start, right?

F

Facelurite

Once again, another "update to a version of Minecraft that doesn't exist thread”

No, its an update to a version of minecraft that doesnt exist yet when it does release thread.

We get it, you want us to update. We can't do that before the update is out, it's just not possible to do. Whatever benefits you may think there are to be gained in updating may not even be accurate because....yep, the update isn't out yet!

Fair enough.

Be a little patient, code doesn't magically update itself, it takes time,

Certainly not two years. We’ve been asking for 1.12 for 6 months now.

effort and money to change. We aren't ignoring the fact that there are updates on the horizon, not sure why you think we are :)

Because you guys have not updated in 2 years.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
We don't expect you to update to a snapshot, but we do expect you to start working on updating to 1.13 once it's out. The reason why this thread is "here so early" is because cubecraft is still in 1.9 and minecraft is in 1.12, which shows that you ususally don't update, and when it's finally out and you do agree with updating, the excuse it "but -insert next update- is almost out, It'd be a waste of time!

Reactions: Josher

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Updating to 1.10+ is a bad idea, it will be the point of no return to 1.7. It will be impossible to go back to 1.7 and will completely seal the fate of CubeCraft.

F

Facelurite

Updating to 1.10+ is a bad idea, it will be the point of no return to 1.7. It will be impossible to go back to 1.7 and will completely seal the fate of CubeCraft.
Because of the PvP? 1.7 uses a weird glitch called hitbox stretching. Cubecraft will never return to 1.7.10. Why would they? Updating the server wont mean discontinuation of 1.8. Some people prefer classic combat over what we have now which is fine. 1.8 players like @PapaTijd and @Luzario agree that updating the server would improve the experience vastky for everyone on non-PvP games.

1.8 players here accepted updating the server because 1.12 players excepted 1.8 support. It’s called comprimise.

Cubecraft would thrive in an environment where it can take advantage of 4 major releases. I dont know how it would “seal its fate”.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
TRIDENTS
I NEED THEM
PLEASE UPDATE TO 1.13 ASAP, I REALLY WANT TO USE TRIDENTS IN CCG. IMAGINE HAVING MAPS WITH RAIN ENABLED, LEAPING FROM ISLAND TO ISLAND IN SKYWARS OR STRAFING IN FFA THAT'D BE SIIIIICK

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
We aren't ignoring the fact that there are updates on the horizon, not sure why you think we are :)
It's probably just because 1.10-1.12 was neglected completely, there was no mention of them at all despite the demand for them. We want to make our demand for 1.13 clear in anticipation for it, because perhaps we'd already have 1.12 right now had we asked for it sooner. Though in all honesty, 1.10-1.12 never brought as much to the table as this single update will bring. TRIDENTS AHHHHHHH

Reactions: CommunistCactus

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
Why on earth would we go back to 1.7? I'd like to support more content on 1.8 and the "latest" network (1.9+). I know what we've been looking at 1.13 and there are a lot of big changes in there that will take a lot of developer time to support. I've mentioned before that we want to support the latest version and we plan on doing so. As you've all pointed out there are some great content changes in 1.13 BUT remember that just because there are new features (Totems for example) we might not make use of them in the ways that are there by default.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I've mentioned before that we want to support the latest version and we plan on doing so
Love you

BUT remember that just because there are new features (Totems for example) we might not make use of them in the ways that are there by default.
Heyyyy, I forgot about those things. You could do a lot with totems in certain games, perhaps they could be a super expensive unlock in Assassins that preserves 50% of your items when you die or something. Or, a purchase that lets you keep your current gear on death in FFA :eek:

=^o^= Trideeeeeeeeents =^o^=

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Because of the PvP? 1.7 uses a weird glitch called hitbox stretching. Cubecraft will never return to 1.7.10. Why would they? Updating the server wont mean discontinuation of 1.8. Some people prefer classic combat over what we have now which is fine. 1.8 players like @PapaTijd and @Luzario agree that updating the server would improve the experience vastky for everyone on non-PvP games.

1.8 players here accepted updating the server because 1.12 players excepted 1.8 support. It’s called comprimise.

Cubecraft would thrive in an environment where it can take advantage of 4 major releases. I dont know how it would “seal its fate”.
Great points.

D

Deleted member 169486

Updating the network to 1.13 is the very definition of a major revamp. Believe me, I've been absolutely boisterous in my distaste for our support of older versions. It's holding us back big time and I'm certain no one needs the older versions anymore. Unfortunately, it's an ENORMOUS project.
You can start working on it once it is released, however don't make it public until a few other servers start to support it. If people need to change between 1.13 and 1.12- to play other servers not as many people will play for a while.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Why on earth would we go back to 1.7? I'd like to support more content on 1.8 and the "latest" network (1.9+).
@johncoles Remember the server mcsg (Minecraft survival games)? Well they are dead now. What killed them you may ask? Their update to 1.8 is what killed the server, that was the point they started losing players, people simply didn't like the hit registration 1.8 brought about. They didn't like the newer PVP so they lost a lot of their playerbase. CubeCraft now updating to 1.9. Which is highly disrespected by almost all of the PVP community CubeCraft could actually gain a lot of players if they went back into 1.7. Or at least changed their 1.8 half of the server to 1.7. I understand that CubeCraft wants to support the newest features but it seems CubeCraft is one of the main reason Mojang isn't receiving the message that no one likes 1.9+ combat system. The game is going to grow stale for servers that aren't up to date and sustaining good combat so people are going to stop playing their game which is going to stop advertisement for the game thus killing it. It's been 2 years since servers have had updates. 2 years. The game is going to die. And like I said. CubeCraft is kind of giving Mojang support, telling them the new combat changes are okay. Several people are starting petitions to create a gamerule for the future that changes it back to old PVP (not the lame excuse of the "classic" PVP kits in the duels lobby). If cube were to revert back to 1.7 then Mojang might finally realize that the updates they are doing is going to kill the game. This sounds stupid I know, not updating the server causing better updates is kind of ironic... But it kind of looks like that.

Reactions: Luzario

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
@johncoles Remember the server mcsg (Minecraft survival games)? Well they are dead now. What killed them you may ask? Their update to 1.8 is what killed the server, that was the point they started losing players, people simply didn't like the hit registration 1.8 brought about. They didn't like the newer PVP so they lost a lot of their playerbase. CubeCraft now updating to 1.9. Which is highly disrespected by almost all of the PVP community CubeCraft could actually gain a lot of players if they went back into 1.7. Or at least changed their 1.8 half of the server to 1.7. I understand that CubeCraft wants to support the newest features but it seems CubeCraft is one of the main reason Mojang isn't receiving the message that no one likes 1.9+ combat system. The game is going to grow stale for servers that aren't up to date and sustaining good combat so people are going to stop playing their game which is going to stop advertisement for the game thus killing it. It's been 2 years since servers have had updates. 2 years. The game is going to die. And like I said. CubeCraft is kind of giving Mojang support, telling them the new combat changes are okay. Several people are starting petitions to create a gamerule for the future that changes it back to old PVP (not the lame excuse of the "classic" PVP kits in the duels lobby). If cube were to revert back to 1.7 then Mojang might finally realize that the updates they are doing is going to kill the game. This sounds stupid I know, not updating the server causing better updates is kind of ironic... But it kind of looks like that.
If you like 1.7 so much why dont you just leave this server and forum and play on those servers?

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
If you like 1.7 so much why dont you just leave this server and forum and play on those servers?
I play a lot of 1.8 and 1.7. I just prefer Cubecraft's community in general on the forums, that's why I'm here. I play on 1.8 cubecraft every once in a while. But if they remove 1.8. I'm leaving.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Just met my number 1 fan irl
1714596148741259329038294634727.jpg
Fesa wrote on Austin's profile.
Me getting flowers to put in your soup
1714588672643.jpeg
Top Bottom