Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Soifam

Jan 31, 2015
Often, reports made through the website (https://reports.cubecraft.net/report) take up to 4 hours to be handled by a staff member. In this time, the rule breaker is very likely to be reported by another player, a staff member witness or Sentinel. I've reported over 340 player with video evidence, from which about 160 were made through the website (previously, reports were posts in the forum). From these 160, "92 have been punished" (57%). However, that's not true: most rule breakers (literally 99%) were punished through another report, a staff member witness or Sentinel.

For this reason, sometimes it feels like reporting rule breakers through the website is useless: they'll be punished anyway at some point, why waste my time? Why start recording and be aware (so not enjoying playing) all the game so I can get a good shot of the rule breaker? Why then uploading the video to youtube and creating a report with his/her name?

I have 2 suggestions so people like me can stop feeling their effort is wasted:
  1. A quite obvious one: handle reports faster. This means the rule breaker stays less time in the server. This means less time for people to submit duplicate reports, so less time wasted -both from other players and staff members that have to handle reports.
  2. Since it's impossible to handle all reports within 10 minutes, I suggest duplicate reports shouldn't simply be dismissed, but instead they should be added to the information of the punishment as proof. This way, players reporting rule breakers would feel more useful and encouraged to report more rule breakers.

Different (related) suggestion: LabyMod in reports
LabyMod is allowed in cubecraft, but reports made using labymod are denied because with this mod you cab edit the nametag of other players, so it's possible to make fake reports.
However, as I understand it, this measure was taken after fake reports to moderators were identified. I honestly think that apart from mods, very few people could be victims of these fake reports. So, why not just deny reports made with labymod of "VIP" "rule breakers" (mods, youtubers...)?
If I could report rule breakers while using labymod, I'd have probably reported more than triple the number of rule breakers.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
You have a diamond rank, so why don't you just report with /report ? I never report hackers on the report site because it takes too long and the chance of already banned hackers is high.

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
A quite obvious one: handle reports faster. This means the rule breaker stays less time in the server. This means less time for people to submit duplicate reports, so less time wasted -both from other players and staff members that have to handle reports.
Right now reports are being handled way faster with new mods being recruited. It's not perfect, but the chance you'll wait 6 hours is quite low unless you report in the middle of the night.
However, as I understand it, this measure was taken after fake reports to moderators were identified. I honestly think that apart from mods, very few people could be victims of these fake reports. So, why not just deny reports made with labymod of "VIP" "rule breakers" (mods, youtubers...)?
If I could report rule breakers while using labymod, I'd have probably reported more than triple the number of rule breakers.
Because not only mods get affected by fake reports, in games like FFA there are people who are "famous" there, and that someone would get mad at them for dying a lot to them/any other reason could easily make a fake report on them and get them banned. You can't report anyone with labymod because anyone can get falsely banned, not just staff members.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Throwback to the good old days where we had 1000+ reports open and they wouldn't be solved for weeks... :o

Reactions: Marieke2001

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
You have a diamond rank, so why don't you just report with /report ? I never report hackers on the report site because it takes too long and the chance of already banned hackers is high.

I’m almost certain someone with diamond rank can only do /report three times.

Often, reports made through the website (https://reports.cubecraft.net/report) take up to 4 hours to be handled by a staff member. In this time, the rule breaker is very likely to be reported by another player, a staff member witness or Sentinel.

I actually do agree that if reports are left for a long time, the player may already be punished. Think about it though, you don’t need to be constantly on the look for hackers, just play the game as normal and if you yourself actually get affected by a hacker when playing, then report. The chances of Sentinel banning someone before the speedy moderator team look at your report(s) are low.

why waste my time? Why start recording and be aware (so not enjoying playing) all the game so I can get a good shot of the rule breaker? Why then uploading the video to youtube and creating a report with his/her name?

You are most certainly not wasting your time. 92 rule breakers have been banished from the server as a result of your reports. An additional lot would have had a guaranteed ban from you if they were reported sooner/ were looked at sooner.

A quite obvious one: handle reports faster. This means the rule breaker stays less time in the server. This means less time for people to submit duplicate reports, so less time wasted -both from other players and staff members that have to handle reports.

With the growing moderation team, reports in game and on the website are being dealt with twice as fast. Mods have lives outside of Minecraft and with the moderation team promoting and hiring helpers, less rule breakers are present every day. How would other people feel if a person was banned already because of another report? It is good that they are being punished and you right to report, even though it wasn’t your report that led to the according consequences.
  1. Since it's impossible to handle all reports within 10 minutes, I suggest duplicate reports shouldn't simply be dismissed, but instead they should be added to the information of the punishment as proof. This way, players reporting rule breakers would feel more useful and encouraged to report more rule breakers.
That is a good idea as there would be more proof to reinforce the verity that a person was actually hacking and there would be less fake appeals!

Different (related) suggestion: LabyMod in reports
LabyMod is allowed in cubecraft, but reports made using labymod are denied because with this mod you cab edit the nametag of other players, so it's possible to make fake reports.

Labymod reports certainly should not be accepted. Evidence can be tweaked to ban innocent people. Just don’t play with labymod if you’re ready to report.

Reactions: Soifam

Soifam

Jan 31, 2015
  1. Since it's impossible to handle all reports within 10 minutes, I suggest duplicate reports shouldn't simply be dismissed, but instead they should be added to the information of the punishment as proof. This way, players reporting rule breakers would feel more useful and encouraged to report more rule breakers.
That is a good idea as there would be more proof to reinforce the verity that a person was actually hacking and there would be less fake appeals!

Thanks for supporting the idea :)

Reactions: Entrustious6679
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Did anyone else play Skylanders? I recently got it to work on my PC with a PS3 emulator and it's more fun than I remembered!!
Eli wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Eli wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
GiGaGekkies wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Mivke's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
Top Bottom