Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Not sure if this would help or hurt.

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Please calm down.
I disagree w/ him too, but like still.
I think OP is fine as is. If you downgrade the armor, literally the experience will be the same as if you were in Normal, just with flashier items.
Isn't that what it already is?
Except with offense too weak to deal with the defenses people can get.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
What I meant was, surely Prot 3 Iron would be somewhat closely as effective as Prot 2 diamond. Whilst diamond itself has higher protection than normal iron armour, iron armour with prot 1 is better than normal diamond armour so surely iron armour with prot 3 will be better- or nearly the same as prot 2 diamond.
What i said isnt literally what i wanted, but a general idea for what i was asking for.
Not that it matters anymore.
More than half the community will probably dismember me by the time there are whispers to any mods. Heh.... (Joking)

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
I they completely redesigned overpowered mode, then a lot of people would quit if they didn't like the update. Just saying, because many people, including myself, enjoy overpowered a lot.

Anyways, rather than being lucky and having good gear, I find it to be more of a strategy to figure out if you need leather, iron, or diamond armor to attack. Between the strength of your enemies and the time you are given to prepare, there is a whole strategy behind it, although many do not realize it.
While i wait for the mods to remove this pointless thread for me, since they locked my ability to delete my own threads, (cuz screw me, right?), i disagree.
Leather is very, very weak, and taking the time to switch out armor in the middle of a fight is VERY risky, which in OP mode you have to do a lot.
Full diamond VS. full leather? Diamond guy WILL win 90% of the time, unless hes trash at PVP, or you are very lucky.
Just by durability alone, OP mode wrecked leather armor strats. In the normal game mode, fights wouldn't last long enough that you would need to switch out armor, but unfortunately, that is no longer the case, since your armor will break and you will get one-shot by the guy with better armor.
This is considering a normal PVP fight, as any other strats that people do in OP mode, are not specific to that mode. You can pull them off in ANY game mode. OP mode forces you to use it, or you lose. Being forced to use different strats ALL OF THE TIME, isn't that fun. Normal PVP isn't very viable near the end of a decently long OP match, since almost everybody will have full diamond or be dead anyway.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
no this is just a game of OP but not being OP
that makes no sense anyways
How many hits does it take somebody to kill a full diamond guy with the strongest sword in the game?
Now consider how strong that weapon is, and now see how much it costs.
Now insert all the healing items you get in the shop
and the multitude of other sets you have that will make you virtually invincible unless somebody either hits you off or just spams TNT all of the time. Strats you HAVE to do every time, even though they are not OP mode specifics, its just OP mode FORCES you to use them, or you lose.
You all remember the Wii, and how, during that time, its functions were being jammed down our throats?
The community and CC are jamming those other strats down our throats, which, used all of the time, are not that fun anymore.
It nerfs normal PVP because, unless you are in a smaller area, you will have to use those strats.
So why praise OP mode for things that already existed?

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
While i wait for the mods to remove this pointless thread for me, since they locked my ability to delete my own threads, (cuz screw me, right?), i disagree.
Leather is very, very weak, and taking the time to switch out armor in the middle of a fight is VERY risky, which in OP mode you have to do a lot.
Full diamond VS. full leather? Diamond guy WILL win 90% of the time, unless hes trash at PVP, or you are very lucky.
Just by durability alone, OP mode wrecked leather armor strats. In the normal game mode, fights wouldn't last long enough that you would need to switch out armor, but unfortunately, that is no longer the case, since your armor will break and you will get one-shot by the guy with better armor.
This is considering a normal PVP fight, as any other strats that people do in OP mode, are not specific to that mode. You can pull them off in ANY game mode. OP mode forces you to use it, or you lose. Being forced to use different strats ALL OF THE TIME, isn't that fun. Normal PVP isn't very viable near the end of a decently long OP match, since almost everybody will have full diamond or be dead anyway.
By the time someone has full diamond, you should have the brains to at least give yourself access to at least iron armor.
Punch bows are the best option. I've seen countless times where irons/diamonds have been shot off by people in full leather. The point of OP is for the fights to be long. Once you take that away, it really does become boring (at least for me).

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
By the time someone has full diamond, you should have the brains to at least give yourself access to at least iron armor.
Punch bows are the best option. I've seen countless times where irons/diamonds have been shot off by people in full leather. The point of OP is for the fights to be long. Once you take that away, it really does become boring (at least for me).
But is there any other difference between doing that strat, or any other one other than normal PVP, since CC probably thinks thats for nerds?
I like decently long fights, only if they have variety, and if they are fun.
You arent forced to apply any other tactics in a normal fight other than Left click X100 and maybe strafe.
I asked for things to fix this, but looks like nobody looked at them, so its pointless anyway.
I dont even know why im responding, since i just want this pointless thread removed, since it serves no purpose anymore, and i am literally unable to remove it myself, since the staff blocked me from using it.

BBCrocks

Jul 4, 2016
I think i may try to remove this thread. Less Pointless garbage. Why want something if everybody else doesnt? Quality be damned. no matter what everybody thinks, Numbers always win. The staff wont add this. Doubt anybody would care. Im saying 'try' since the staff removed my ability to remove my own posts. If you have numbers, even if you are wrong, you'll come out on top. It seems obvious and clear that, even though some people want this, they are going to/ are already overshadowed by the people who will vote the opposite way. Like that, its natural.

And for those who asked me to post my opinions on this before, i told you either nobody would listen or it would be pointless, and i was right/ am going to be right.
dude if you dont like it then dont play it OP is a mode in which people should show rhwy\ie pvp skills and have fun

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
How many hits does it take somebody to kill a full diamond guy with the strongest sword in the game?
Now consider how strong that weapon is, and now see how much it costs.
Now insert all the healing items you get in the shop
and the multitude of other sets you have that will make you virtually invincible unless somebody either hits you off or just spams TNT all of the time. Strats you HAVE to do every time, even though they are not OP mode specifics, its just OP mode FORCES you to use them, or you lose.
You all remember the Wii, and how, during that time, its functions were being jammed down our throats?
The community and CC are jamming those other strats down our throats, which, used all of the time, are not that fun anymore.
It nerfs normal PVP because, unless you are in a smaller area, you will have to use those strats.
So why praise OP mode for things that already existed?
quite a lot actually
just because the shop has better gear doesn't mean it is any harder to win
and on a base it is harder to win OP then to win normal
so what should change
is your attitude this is basically a thread saying remove OP because taking everything out doesn't make it more skill based it just makes people who play it hate you

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
quite a lot actually
just because the shop has better gear doesn't mean it is any harder to win
and on a base it is harder to win OP then to win normal
so what should change
is your attitude this is basically a thread saying remove OP because taking everything out doesn't make it more skill based it just makes people who play it hate you
Really, all i said to change OP mode is just to nerf the armor so PVP can be viable.
Even if OP is harder than normal, is it more fun? just depends on who you ask, but its almost the same as the other 2, and the difficulty differences are miniscule, and the way its more difficult doesnt make it more challenging, all it does is change around a few numbers.
All it is is normal, but longer, and with enderpearls.
I asked they add special 'special' items that have special effects that arent just damage values, but are things you can base strategies on, based on which game mode you play on, the items would have been different.
(Not that it really matters, anyway.)
The shop has better gear, and the fights take longer, inserting more opportunity to get either one of you screwed over by something you could never have dealt with, not matter what skill level you are.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
dude if you dont like it then dont play it OP is a mode in which people should show rhwy\ie pvp skills and have fun
Im sorry, but that counter is stupid.
'if you dont like it, then dont play it'
Easier said than done, on actually good maps.
People go on good maps, donors go on good maps, you go into good maps, round turns to OP mode. Repeat infinately. That is what happens when you go onto a good map and a donor goes onto, and NO, buying a gold rank isnt going to fix everything. First off, ill feel like scum, since i personally dont like CC as a group, i dont like what they do, and i just see it as a waste of money.
Its like a paywall: Hey, you wanna do something? pay for it. Oh well, it isnt working to well? PAY MOAR.
CC adding OP mode was a smart economic decision, but really, i just dont feel like i want to pay them so i can play the game i want to, and it isnt guaranteed.
If i buy a rank, others will as well, and the OP people will outnumber people like me, and we will be back to stage 1, but with less money.
How people have fun is subjective. Depends on who you ask. EX: I dont like OP mode, and you do. We are both human, so lets agree to disagree.
Not that it matters, anyway.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Im sorry, but that counter is stupid.
'if you dont like it, then dont play it'
Easier said than done, on actually good maps.
People go on good maps, donors go on good maps, you go into good maps, round turns to OP mode. Repeat infinately. That is what happens when you go onto a good map and a donor goes onto, and NO, buying a gold rank isnt going to fix everything. First off, ill feel like scum, since i personally dont like CC as a group, i dont like what they do, and i just see it as a waste of money.
Its like a paywall: Hey, you wanna do something? pay for it. Oh well, it isnt working to well? PAY MOAR.
CC adding OP mode was a smart economic decision, but really, i just dont feel like i want to pay them so i can play the game i want to, and it isnt guaranteed.
If i buy a rank, others will as well, and the OP people will outnumber people like me, and we will be back to stage 1, but with less money.
How people have fun is subjective. Depends on who you ask. EX: I dont like OP mode, and you do. We are both human, so lets agree to disagree.
Not that it matters, anyway.
I'm sorry they entertain people for a living and need to make money to feed themselves?
But I definitely addressed #1 in the OP. Nerfing the enchantments makes OP the same difficulty as Normal (in terms of fight time).

Vono34

Mar 31, 2016
o·ver·pow·er
ˌōvərˈpou(ə)r/
be too intense for; overwhelm.
Thats the definition of overpowered. OP is supposed to be too intense. That is kind off the point of it.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
can somebody please just lock this
because this removes the point of having the game mode entirely
and @DanielSch did you ever think of this
get a rank vote against OP it isn't very hard if you don't like OP
You do know that if you are the person who makes the thread, you automatically watch it, right?

Also:
If i get a rank to vote normal, which will only 100% work if there are no other donors in the match, then its completely random, and then others buy a rank to counter people like me, then we get back to the 1st step all over again.
OP isnt very hard, but its very cheap and I dont see it as very fun, and i can see exactly why i dont see it as fun, and i can assure you that others see what i saw.
There isnt that much of a difference between OP mode and the other 2, so there isnt that much of a point for them to exist in the first place.
If the community likes OP mode that much, then lets just go all the way and remove the other 2, rahght?
They dont really care about the other 2 game modes. They found a gold mine in the people who have bought a rank, and they will milk it dry. Only then will they change things. When things DO get stale, if you are in my situation and you are the minority, you will be just ignored.

I also requested this thread be removed, but the staff are not allowing me since i literally CANT delete my posts. They blocked me from doing that.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
You do know that if you are the person who makes the thread, you automatically watch it, right?

Also:
If i get a rank to vote normal, which will only 100% work if there are no other donors in the match, then its completely random, and then others buy a rank to counter people like me, then we get back to the 1st step all over again.
OP isnt very hard, but its very cheap and I dont see it as very fun, and i can see exactly why i dont see it as fun, and i can assure you that others see what i saw.
There isnt that much of a difference between OP mode and the other 2, so there isnt that much of a point for them to exist in the first place.
If the community likes OP mode that much, then lets just go all the way and remove the other 2, rahght?
They dont really care about the other 2 game modes. They found a gold mine in the people who have bought a rank, and they will milk it dry. Only then will they change things. When things DO get stale, if you are in my situation and you are the minority, you will be just ignored.

I also requested this thread be removed, but the staff are not allowing me since i literally CANT delete my posts. They blocked me from doing that.
They can lock it if that's what you want.
P.S: You can win in OP if you just rush every single team ASAP. OP games aren't as long as you think if you play it correctly. It isn't the worst or best game mode at all but it can't really be changed.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco

Also:

there is also something called leaving
just do that and by the way if another donor joins that doesn't automatically make a vote for OP
they have to vote for OP so it takes a vote

Reactions: CommunistCactus

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
o·ver·pow·er
ˌōvərˈpou(ə)r/
be too intense for; overwhelm.
Thats the definition of overpowered. OP is supposed to be too intense. That is kind off the point of it.
Just because its OP, doesnt inherently make it fun. What i was asking for is more of adding something than just a nerf, but nobody cares.
Also, the point of OP mode is to get people to donate to be able to choose the gamemode. They make it seem special, and people donate to play it.
OP, hardcore, and normal are all 90% copies between each others, with a different coat of paint.
Not like it matters anymore.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday Kloska!!! 🦆 🔥 🐉
UncleSpect wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Klosk! 🎈
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.