Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should be added or Improved?

• Dark Theme.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Linking Accounts to the Forums.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Well known members get reduced or no cooldown.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better phone compatibility.

• Some of them. (Explain which ones)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • All of them.

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • None (Explain why)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Hello people of the Internet..

I sadly lost hope in the Forums update. Like last time it got mentioned was June 2016. And then everyone forgot about it.
This thread:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/website-suggestions.53576/
Some ideas are simply forgotten. And some were actually implemented.

Here are some of my ideas on how to improve the forums for everyone.

1. Link MC accounts.
Simple, clear and effective.
You go to your profile page, click on Link account and then you get sent to a page where they ask you to write a command in-game, you log on to Cubecraft, write something like /linkforums and then you receive an unique code that you'll will to copy to the page. Simple as that!
After your account is linked to the forums it will show your current skin and username under your profile picture. It could even show your current rank!
VymBmZG.jpg

2. Better phone compatibility.
The current forums is okay. Navigation isn't pretty difficult, writing threads through a phone isn't hard. But that's mostly for iPhone. Using the forums with some android or windows phone is very difficult. Not only that but I've seen different forums with 2 times better or easier phone compatibility!
It should really be improved. Logging in isn't even possible if your phone screen isn't placed horizontally.

3. Removing the cooldown for "Well known players".
Currently players who have been active for 1 or 2 years don't get any kind of recognition. Some just simply stand out with a high amount of likes or messages.
These 2 threads made by @Stefanvld and @Gainfullterror give a good example on how this can be improved:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestion-the-senior-member-veteran-member-rank.166669/

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/y...ore-you-can-perform-that-action-again.185653/

Even @Snap an ex-staff member had to get used to the cooldown again! I'm pretty sure that people who have been active over one year know what kind of behavior is acceptable and what not inside the forums.

4. Add a Dark Theme by @Henkle
( https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/dark-theme-night-mode-suggestion.180347/ )
Anyone who checks the forums when they wake up and late at night has one enemy. It's the white light the forum reflects. It really hurts my eyes sometimes. I like Discord allot! Wanna know the reason? Well it's dark very dark. It doesn't really hurt my eyes when I reply to one of my irl mates at 7 am.
If someone doesn't like the dark theme they could always change it in Preferences or Settings.

Tell me what you think about these ideas. If I get enough support I may add a poll. Thanks for reading and as always
Chalas!

Last edited:
L

Lepzi

Maybe put some pictures to the sides of the forums because I think its a bit plain or maybe make it more colourful but to be honest apart from that I think the forums is fine.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Linked mc accounts should have been a thing a long time ago :P I would love a dark theme and Im going to look into making a stylish theme myself for the forums if one doesn't come soon since I spend the most time on the forums at night :3 The cooldown has always been really annoying so any way to bypass it would be cool. Maybe even something as simple as linking a mc account to your forums account to bypass it since that would prove that you're not a spam bot.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Some of the things you mentioned are like Hypixle....

Would be more convenient to add Report, Appeals ( at the top bar ) instead of going all the way down and login again.

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
Oooo... Dark theme! I want.
Linked mc accounts should have been a thing a long time ago :p I would love a dark theme and Im going to look into making a stylish theme myself for the forums if one doesn't come soon since I spend the most time on the forums at night :3 The cooldown has always been really annoying so any way to bypass it would be cool. Maybe even something as simple as linking a mc account to your forums account to bypass it since that would prove that you're not a spam bot.
Great Idea.
Change the voting so you can pick more than one ;)

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Oh yes.
Hypixel has also players. And profile pictures.
We should get rid of them too!
Hahaha!

Please I didn't even visit Hypixel before making this thread. Almost every Minecraft forums except Cube has some of these features.

Reactions: Power Ranger

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Oh yes.
Hahaha!

Please I didn't even visit Hypixel before making this thread. Almost every Minecraft forums except Cube has some of these features.

Ha ha very funny.

Perhaps only one tag which is Active member. Not well known since he/she is not "famous"

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Ha ha very funny.

Perhaps only one tag which is Active member. Not well known since he/she is not "famous"
I'm not sure if you re-read the other posts. The Tag could be named anything, it's up to Cube. I don't care what it's named, I only care how you achieve it, and what you get from it.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I agree to everything.

I have seen a lot of stuff about giving a veteran rank to people with lots of messages etc and who are experienced with the forums. Initially, it could be abused but if it is specifically chosen and given to the correct people, it would definitely work.

Linking MC accounts to the forums is very simple. I've seen it on so many forums across lots of Minecraft servers and it would be great to have it. Especially when you can see your in-game rank as well. Seeing your in game rank on your forums profile is better because then a lot of us can remove it from our signatures. :P

Dark theme?
YES.

Being an android user, I NEVER view the forums on my phone. I don't really see it being very efficient and easy to use. If that changes, maybe I will start using my phone to check the forums, however, I'm not a big phone person - I barely use mine, so it doesn't make that big of a difference to me. Although, it would be great if it was more compatible.

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Hypixel has staff, lets remove the staff team on cube.
Hypixel has custom build maps, lets remove the maps on cubecraft
Hypixel has donator ranks, lets remove them on cubecraft
Hypixel is a minecraft server, lets just delete every other server in existence!

Piss off with arguements like this, it just shows how childish some people are.

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
Hypixel has staff, lets remove the staff team on cube.
Hypixel has custom build maps, lets remove the maps on cubecraft
Hypixel has donator ranks, lets remove them on cubecraft
Hypixel is a minecraft server, lets just delete every other server in existence!

Piss off with arguements like this, it just shows how childish some people are.
Oh yes.
Hahaha!

<3

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Cubecraft always looked professional. The simple cube design. The clean interface. The really professional looking website. The only colours I see is blue white grey and black.. (can regard the top design and profile pics). They should definitely add something to the side bars, like a few streaks of blue and white
to keep it professional(if they really like that). Or they could just allow custom backgrounds, which would be more handy though I doubt it would be possible.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Or they could just allow custom backgrounds, which would be more handy though I doubt it would be possible.
That's actually a brilliant idea.
I saw some sites with the custom background feature (One of them being a plugin for google)

ItsBaraa

Aug 25, 2016
I didn't read the whole post actually " i didn't read any infact xD " but from the poll i got the idea, i like the darker theme and it would be better if it was custom themes, Get the colour you want and here we go .. thats it xD.
Linking accounts won't do so much but what about linking them and Notifications system too?! i mean thats great idea :p.
Well known members get reduced, im not sure what is that going to do to the forums.
or no cooldown. i like it but its going to be spammers everywhere to just get those high messages count and nothing important on it!
thats my opinion everyone has his own. gl keep it up:D

ERZBAF7.jpg

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I didn't read the whole post actually " i didn't read any infact xD " but from the poll i got the idea, i like the darker theme and it would be better if it was custom themes, Get the colour you want and here we go .. thats it xD.
Like I said before it's a great idea.
I doubt that they would spend so much just to add this feature though.
Linking accounts won't do so much but what about linking them and Notifications system too?! i mean thats great idea :p.
If you can disable Notifications then I'm fine with that.
I want to keep my time on the server separate from the forums, so no Reports or Notifications.
I like to relax when playing on Cubecraft and I don't to think about the giant amounts of flaws the Cubecraft community/staff have.
Well known members get reduced, im not sure what is that going to do to the forums.
or no cooldown. i like it but its going to be spammers everywhere to just get those high messages count and nothing important on it!
I really recommend reading thread before replying.
You wouldn't get 'Well known member' if you haven't been active for one year on the forums.
By then you would basically be aware of what kind of behavior is acceptable and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hoshi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday Egg!! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday 🥚
hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Top Bottom