Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Jun 26, 2021
Hey, so recently, I've been working on a decent sized semi-automatic cocoa bean farm. However, it has come to my attention that when I harvest, since I don't have iron for hoppers, nor have yet completed the quests required to get them, it always deleted a ton of my crops. How can I get around this? Thanks in advance.

My farm (using @FractalCake 's design):
10 walls of 35x6
1624709600406.png

It took so much time to make, so please help me out. I don't want to waste almost 50% of my production each time.

Jun 26, 2021
With this limit it is very difficult to maximize profits in order to complete the quest "Blot Out The Sun", which requires 500k coins.

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I recommend splitting it into two sections with a wall in the middle. Harvesting them one at a time. This way items won’t get deleted.

Reactions: The__Innkeeper
Dec 12, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
I recommend something like what Xavi said only I am not sure a single wall down the middle is enough. You might also benefit from having a second player collecting down at the bottom although I doubt you would have made this post if that was an option.

For grinding coins, I prefer droppers since I don't have to actually do anything.

Also, water is quicker but you could technically get even more cocoa if you collect them with fortune. Of course that means more trips to the hub for repairs.

Just a few thoughts.

Jun 24, 2021
try putting lots of chests nearby to funnel your harvest out of your iventory and also you can cycle items by repeatedly throwing them out of your inventory. this resets their despawn time

Jun 26, 2021
I recommend something like what Xavi said only I am not sure a single wall down the middle is enough. You might also benefit from having a second player collecting down at the bottom although I doubt you would have made this post if that was an option.

For grinding coins, I prefer droppers since I don't have to actually do anything.

Also, water is quicker but you could technically get even more cocoa if you collect them with fortune. Of course that means more trips to the hub for repairs.

Just a few thoughts.
Well it is a co-op but it's a player I met in the hub and it seems our time schedules don't match a lot.

Jun 26, 2021
By the way, I just unlocked the birch island after crafting cookies for the quest and selling so I should be able to get hoppers.

Jun 26, 2021
try putting lots of chests nearby to funnel your harvest out of your iventory and also you can cycle items by repeatedly throwing them out of your inventory. this resets their despawn time
I have many chests and the problem is not despawn time, there is a system that automatically deletes items once there are too many on the ground, probably to prevent lag.

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I have many chests and the problem is not despawn time, there is a system that automatically deletes items once there are too many on the ground, probably to prevent lag.
Yes, I hope the wall inbetween now prevents the water from flooding the whole wall. This way you can harvest one side at a time meaning less items at a time, meaning no “your at the item limit” message!

Jun 26, 2021
Visually, even with the wall the two sides look really large to me. I think I would have put two walls instead of one.
Well that would be possible I guess since it's 35 blocks so 11 blocks with 2 walls, but I already put 1 so I can get around it by just placing water halfway then go to the top and do it again, no big deal xD

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This sure didn’t age well, XD
Xi1m wrote on EGG_BOCZOIN's profile.
are you speedrunning compliments for every staff member
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on AnolTongi's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on camulos's profile.
Pro Desginer :D
Top Bottom