• Total voters

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
So a lot of my TD friends have been begging me to repost this so I was like why not.

I always loved this game so that's the only reason why I am doing this: Enjoy!

One of the biggest problems is misplacing towers.

How can we fix it?

In 3x3 squares only can place those towers and if you don't place in the center it won't let you or it will automatically put it in the center of the closest square

Same thing with 5x5 Squares

So basically you won't be able to misplace towers randomly it will center it where it belongs.

Another idea that can work with or without the first idea is: If a player constantly or repeatedly keeps misplacing towers they will get a warning and if they continue they could get kicked.

coralines

Novice Member
Dec 20, 2018
I like the first idea more to be honest, since with the second one people could easily abuse this by for example placing 4 wrong and 1 right.

If you think about the first option, that would definitely be beneficial towards the game, especially if any of those 9 blocks in that 3x3 slot count as a tower spot to build, and not solely the middle spot.

Alternatively, we could have something similar to what we currently have when you have other similar towers too close (example ice, mage and quake nearby) or when you accidentally misclick on a spot where your tower doesn’t fit. Anything that tells the player that the spot they chose isn’t good for their tower - reminding them to place 3x3 and 5x5 in their designated area - would be good.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I like the first idea more to be honest, since with the second one people could easily abuse this by for example placing 4 wrong and 1 right.

If you think about the first option, that would definitely be beneficial towards the game, especially if any of those 9 blocks in that 3x3 slot count as a tower spot to build, and not solely the middle spot.

Alternatively, we could have something similar to what we currently have when you have other similar towers too close (example ice, mage and quake nearby) or when you accidentally misclick on a spot where your tower doesn’t fit. Anything that tells the player that the spot they chose isn’t good for their tower - reminding them to place 3x3 and 5x5 in their designated area - would be good.

I completely agree with you! Thanks for the input!

Last edited:

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
Yessss! I play TD regularly, and I hate when people just place arrow towers randomly on the map.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/td-3x3s-and-5x5s-tower-defense-suggestion.206439/

This is a thread I made a while back, explaining all the possible solutions to this problem.

The tread's escalated, so hopefully it will be in the next TD update

I'll just copy the main idea here:

Ways To Solve This:

Credit: Power Ranger
1. Use an auto-align feature so the tower gets centered or moved to the right place
2. When you place the chest on a 5x5 space, you can only place 5x5 towers. When you place the chest on a 3x3 space, you can only place 3x3 towers
Credit: ItsErwin.
3. It would say You cant place a 5x5 tower on a 3x3 space or you cant place a 3x3 tower on a 5x5 space.
Credit: NintendoBest
4. People with ranks can vote if you can or cant place 3x3 towers on 5x5 spaces and vice versa.

This would be helpful because...
1. Noobs would learn not to place 3x3 towers in 5x5 spaces (they would actually get smarter!:))
2. More people would play the game (like me)
3. We already have a system where you can't place overlapping towers so I think this should be easy to add.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Yessss! I play TD regularly, and I hate when people just place arrow towers randomly on the map.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/td-3x3s-and-5x5s-tower-defense-suggestion.206439/

This is a thread I made a while back, explaining all the possible solutions to this problem.

The tread's escalated, so hopefully it will be in the next TD update

I'll just copy the main idea here:

Ways To Solve This:

Credit: Power Ranger
1. Use an auto-align feature so the tower gets centered or moved to the right place
2. When you place the chest on a 5x5 space, you can only place 5x5 towers. When you place the chest on a 3x3 space, you can only place 3x3 towers
Credit: ItsErwin.
3. It would say You cant place a 5x5 tower on a 3x3 space or you cant place a 3x3 tower on a 5x5 space.
Credit: NintendoBest
4. People with ranks can vote if you can or cant place 3x3 towers on 5x5 spaces and vice versa.

This would be helpful because...
1. Noobs would learn not to place 3x3 towers in 5x5 spaces (they would actually get smarter!:))
2. More people would play the game (like me)
3. We already have a system where you can't place overlapping towers so I think this should be easy to add.

The auto centering is actually the whole point of my thread and that's also my idea. :O

I would also like if they made the tutorial mandatory so people at least know what they are doing. Maybe even if they're doing it on purpose they can get reported.

Reactions: CatsLoveRainbows

Weegeee

Dec 22, 2017
How am I going to save my spots.
If it just gets auto aligned, then someone will ruin my defense that I was making by spamming pointless towers.
The whole point of people placing archers in the 5x5 spots (or building them to cover 4 3x3s) was to save them from people that don't have upgraded buildings (paths) or people spamming basic artillery.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
How am I going to save my spots.
If it just gets auto aligned, then someone will ruin my defense that I was making by spamming pointless towers.
The whole point of people placing archers in the 5x5 spots (or building them to cover 4 3x3s) was to save them from people that don't have upgraded buildings (paths) or people spamming basic artillery.

Saving spots can still be used or can be misinterpreted into team trolling. You really shouldn't have to do it period. Also placing it over 4 3x3 is still wrong and should not be happening. If you lose out on getting spots oh well. That's how the game functions.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
Top Bottom