Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Pekfzz

Mar 25, 2020
Sverige
So, as I'm sure you are all aware of cube are removing a bug chunk of the java games. Including: Featured games, Blockwars, Minerware, Tower defence, duels, team skywars, team lucky islands, solo eggwars.

So here is what cubecraft should do to make somewhat good of this:

Tower Defence: Keep it. It has a frequent high player amount, always being cubecrafts 5th most played game (atleast) behind Team Eggwars, Solo Lucky islands, Solo skywars and FFA. not counting games such as skyblock. It has a really big and great community. It being one of the oldest and most original games on cubecraft just makes for another reason why it should be kept. Games have no trouble starting at any time of the day. I have never had trouble to play it even at 4am European time. There hasn't been any major bug fixes required for a really long time, it has no trouble keeping itself up.

Minerware: Minerware is aswell as tower defence a very original game on cubecraft. However player counts are hitting very low numbers lately. I really do understand it doesnt start at european night times. A solution for this (not having to remove it completely) might be simply changing max amount of players from 12, to 8. And lower the amount of players needed for the game to start, to 3. When 3 players have joined, make the timer, instead of going down from 120 seconds. Go down from 60 seconds. This would make it a lot easier to play it.

Team Eggwars: The thing you did wrong about eggwars, was the map choice. Only keeping 4v4s is not ideal. Atleast keeping 2v2 and perhaps a few 3v3 maps would be neccessary.
To balance the maps that are kept out, this is my idea.
For 2v2 maps: Keep Blossom, Town and Fairytail.
For 3v3 maps: Keep Under da sea and Garden.
For 4v4 maps: Keep Mystery, Food, The Teaparty and Beach (changed from 5v5 to 4v4)

I assumed that from your map choice you didn't want very many maps, but those maps said above are some of the favorite ones from the community. But as said only keeping 4v4s wont work out. What if you want to play with one of your friends? Would it really be nice to always go up against a party of 4 tryhards? No, you would want to play a 2v2 map.

Lucky Islands: Instead of keeping the solo gamemode (and destroying communities) keep the team gamemode. That's pretty self explanatory. Solo gets more players but that's but it really doesn't matter, both starts at pretty much any time of the day and I'm sure that if it all merged into teams, most of the players would still play it. The biggest chunk of the players that keep coming back to cubecraft plays team lucky islands rather than solo. Solo players are mainly stone rankers that just found cubecraft anyways. I'm sure that if there was no solo but only teams, they would play it.

Thanks for reading and please leave your thoughts below!

gscuwurry

Sep 3, 2022
I mean yeah, blockwars doesn't get much attention rn, but I'd like to see it returned after the 4 months.

dreamydreams

Aug 2, 2022
The only way to "fix" Java Cubecraft is if they manage to attract plenty of new players. Which, shocker, isn't going to happen just with the removal of games. Just like the Big Change downgrade, this downgrade will be a temporarily bandage, until eventually player numbers start to decline once more.

What they need is a gamemode that gets people excited, something that has potential to become a bit more widespread. Something that gets people to come back to play some more. That isn't an easy task, and with the updates and gamemodes we've had in the last couple years I just don't think they'll be able to come out swining with an unique gamemode.

1.8 PVP is the version that remains the most popular. Trying to be the 1.9+ server clearly hasn't worked out. Which is a shame, I wish people had moved on from 1.8 PVP, but it is what it is. So, I personally doubt they are ever going to get anywhere when they focus on mostly PVP games. The majority will continue to play Hypixel for that. So... find a different angle that keeps people playing Minecraft.

It's not an easy task. Maybe even impossible at this point for Cubecraft. But they obviously aren't gonna attract enough new players with TD or Minerware either, as much as I love these games myself. It will be interesting to see how many of their existing players they are about to lose because of this, even if the last few gamemodes fill up quicker.

Honestly, I think this is simply the end. Will they be able to attract enough new paying players... No, I don't think so. Will enough people risk buying a rank on a dying server that once again removed so many games? No, I think more and more will choose not to. Do I want to support a server that still sells ranks on their store that promises a whole lot of nonsense an hour before the removal of all the games... No I don't want to support that financially.

Reactions: LordSidi0us

Pekfzz

Mar 25, 2020
Sverige
The only way to "fix" Java Cubecraft is if they manage to attract plenty of new players. Which, shocker, isn't going to happen just with the removal of games. Just like the Big Change downgrade, this downgrade will be a temporarily bandage, until eventually player numbers start to decline once more.
This was the first step, they have to add more big new games aswell (with 1.19 perhaps)

gscuwurry

Sep 3, 2022
This was the first step, they have to add more big new games aswell (with 1.19 perhaps)
what you don't realise is that when this happens, it chases away the already existing community. Of the ~1k players that exist now, we'll be lucky if even 500 come back. cubecraft's reopening will have to pull a lot of weight to make it attractive to get new players. if it reopens missing preloved games or with new "features" such as one or two new maps per gamemode then no one will come back. they need to be careful in these four months on how they're going to go about revamping the server, and how they plan on retaining their playerbase. as you can see a lot of the regulars are planning on leaving for good already, which is a very bad start for a server that relies on those who play regularly.

i made a post somewhere else but didn't cover this, so i'll cover it here, there's gonna likely be a stat reset once cubecraft renovates. I want to say this now, that is a surefire way to chase people away. Cubecraft needs to avoid doing this. People who spent months grinding leaderboards wouldn't want it to be taken away from them just because of something like this, and to them the server will be as good as closed. It can seem like a trivial matter, but if Cubecraft is serious about player retention then it needs to consider steps like these too.

gscuwurry

Sep 3, 2022
following up, it should be noted that 1.19 has a notorious feature by our dear friend Microsoft, the beloved "chat reporting". so if cubecraft has that it can really just kiss the playerbase goodbye, it'll just be full of children whose parents were rich enough to get them java

• Agree
Reactions: Iridinox

tant33

Mar 6, 2016
So, as I'm sure you are all aware of cube are removing a bug chunk of the java games. Including: Featured games, Blockwars, Minerware, Tower defence, duels, team skywars, team lucky islands, solo eggwars.

Tower Defence: Keep it. It has a frequent high player amount, always being cubecrafts 5th most played game (atleast) behind Team Eggwars, Solo Lucky islands, Solo skywars and FFA. not counting games such as skyblock. It has a really big and great community. It being one of the oldest and most original games on cubecraft just makes for another reason why it should be kept. Games have no trouble starting at any time of the day. I have never had trouble to play it even at 4am European time. There hasn't been any major bug fixes required for a really long time, it has no trouble keeping itself up.

Minerware: Minerware is aswell as tower defence a very original game on cubecraft. However player counts are hitting very low numbers lately. I really do understand it doesnt start at european night times. A solution for this (not having to remove it completely) might be simply changing max amount of players from 12, to 8. And lower the amount of players needed for the game to start, to 3. When 3 players have joined, make the timer, instead of going down from 120 seconds. Go down from 60 seconds. This would make it a lot easier to play it.

Team Eggwars: The thing you did wrong about eggwars, was the map choice. Only keeping 4v4s is not ideal. Atleast keeping 2v2 and perhaps a few 3v3 maps would be neccessary.
For 4v4 maps: Keep Mystery, Food, The Teaparty and Beach (changed from 5v5 to 4v4)

I assumed that from your map choice you didn't want very many maps, but those maps said above are some of the favorite ones from the community. But as said only keeping 4v4s wont work out. What if you want to play with one of your friends? Would it really be nice to always go up against a party of 4 tryhards? No, you would want to play a 2v2 map.

Lucky Islands: Instead of keeping the solo gamemode (and destroying communities) keep the team gamemode. That's pretty self explanatory. Solo gets more players but that's but it really doesn't matter, both starts at pretty much any time of the day and I'm sure that if it all merged into teams, most of the players would still play it. The biggest chunk of the players that keep coming back to cubecraft plays team lucky islands rather than solo. Solo players are mainly stone rankers that just found cubecraft anyways. I'm sure that if there was no solo but only teams, they would play it.

Well spoken!

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com

Java is a dead server on Cubecraft and it's slowly dying.
Cubecraft just struggles to understand it's majority of players, cubecraft use to be the #1 Server back in the day even larger than Hypixel. But cubecrafts lack of communication with it's community and how they push "new features" before fixing game breaking bugs is why the servers just died.

Sad that it's happening to java, but they should atleast try to do something about it rather than deleting it

Reactions: dreamydreams
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Top Bottom