maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello CubeCrafters
I hope you are good & safe ;D
Today, I made this thread to be a discussion among all members about "How to catch Hitbox or Reach players to ban them ?"

No one deny that most of well-known players or leaderboard player are using at least any kind of cheats.
When you fight them you fell that's something is wrong and the don't miss any hits despite of your spamming on them or running in circles or anything that stops any combo at normal players.
But when you try to record & report them, you often get the message that says "No enough evidence".
Now, I wanna this post go to all the forums members to work together as one hand to get rid of these cheaters.

Feel free to share your ways to catch hitbox & reach cheaters and how you can persuade staff team of your evidence :D
Thanks you for reading or commenting on my thread <3
- maflenoo

Last edited:

Colleeee

Jan 31, 2020
The backyard.
Hey!
To be honest if someone uses reach its clearly that they use reach to beat other players.
But with hitbox its hard to tell..
You can't really know if the player is using hitbox or just really good at the game.
But you got to get the player on a hard angle and look if they are still hitting everything.
If thats the case i should make a report. Its not a big deal if you didnt really knew 100% it was hitbox.
Hope that helped!

Reactions: maflenoo

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
For reach, you need a lot of clips, since a few hits can be easily explained by lag. Or preferably a long fight with several hits (from further than 3 blocks), after one and other. I know from staff that running backwards having speed can make it harder for staff to see if the player has reach or not. I would say try fight as straight as possible so you don't need help from our friend Pythagoras to find the distance. The idea situation is a tunnel where they chase someone and you're spectating of course or bridge fight (if they take longer!).
Hitboxing is really hard to tell, I wouldn't focus on trying to prove that :)

Meiske

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I don't think there could even be well-known players or people on the leaderboard using cheats, wouldn't they be banned by now if they're so well-known?

There's a difference between not being able to hit someone and reach. You can clearly tell when someone's using reach because there's a larger distance between you and the cheater than usual, you can just tell.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't think there could even be well-known players or people on the leaderboard using cheats, wouldn't they be banned by now if they're so well-known?
Well, you'd be surprised xD
The problem is with 3.2 or smaller reach is really hard to prove it and detect in on video. It's fairly noticeable in a fight but not so well on video.
There's a difference between not being able to hit someone and reach. You can clearly tell when someone's using reach because there's a larger distance between you and the cheater than usual, you can just tell.
It's noticeable in a fight not because the distance is bigger but just the way the fight goes. How they hit you, someone with small reach fights differently in open places than small. Less dogging, ...
And not hitting sometimes is also a sing. If you stand in a straight line, and they hit you but you can't hit them (and you changed hotbar slots to know you're not getting the bug) I would say the chances of them having reach is pretty high :)

Do you think that this player is using any kind of cheat ?
I don't think I would conclude that as hacks, with only that. Reach for sure not in that clip and hitboxes. Well they could just be lagging a bit.

Reactions: maflenoo and Meiske
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom