Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should be done about powerups?

• Reduce the size of their hitboxes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Make players click powerups to pick them up

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Give players the option to have to click powerups to pick them up

• Make players click powerups to pick them up, but only if they already have one

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Give players the option to have to click powerups to pick them up if they already have one

• Nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Powerofbeds

Oct 17, 2016
My house
Pronouns
He/Him
Snowman Survival has received a new update for this year featuring two new maps and two new powerups. Cool stuff, but what this update has also done is replace powerups with custom models that are bigger than before and removing the name tags. A change like this means the game is slightly different from before, as powerups can no longer be spotted through walls, but along with these changes, their hitboxes have seen a massive increase in size. This means the powerups are easier to pick up, but also harder to miss. It is a very common occurrence that a survivor will be near a powerup but will not want to pick it up, and now powerup hitboxes are practically the diameter of a placed Instant Wall, so they are almost impossible to maneuver around. And with fireballs being the way they are, I will never want to pick up fireballs if I already have a different powerup.

It is also no longer rare to have powerups spawn so close to where I am or am running to that I pick up a powerup I did not want. This has already been the cause of me becoming a snowman, as I lost the powerup I was planning to use. Even when it is not directly what causes me to get caught by the snowmen, it often makes the game harder for me because I had a better powerup before. Other times, the powerup would simply have been better for another nearby survivor, who then gets caught because I couldn't leave the powerup for them. That means one less target for the snowmen so they can focus harder on me, and there's now one more of them.

There are two main solutions to fix this:
  • Return powerup hitboxes back to their size from last year. They were never difficult to pick up because the hitboxes were already sufficiently large. This will mean that they are easier to walk around and are much less likely to spawn so close to a player that that player picks it up involuntarily.
  • Add an input for picking up powerups. This can be as simple as clicking (left-click or right-click) on the powerup to pick it up, and this would allow survivors to walk right through powerups without picking them up if they so please. This could also be a togglable setting so that if players want to keep picking up powerups as they do, they still can. (Some survivors will see ten powerups all in a tight bunch and just pick up all of them like they can carry all of them at once, so these people would not want to have to click every time they want to pick one up.)
Should it be made easier to avoid picking up powerups? It is sometimes better to avoid them, but the size of their hitboxes makes that no easy task. I am eager to see what feedback I get on this suggestion, so feel free to talk about it!

• Love
Reactions: Hoshi

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
I have heard many people complain about this, and as someone who has been grinding the game myself, I fully agree! Any change to the enormous hitboxes would be great, but I specifically love the option to click on a powerup to swap it with your current one. Very clever indeed

• Agree
Reactions: Hoshi and Reesle
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom