Bring back money walls

• Total voters

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Well, this is the only way to save yourself Cube. DO IT

1. Bring back Money Walls
This is a pretty obvious one and even after 200+ threads requesting return it still hasn't. Just do it - make it as close to the original game as possible with the following changes:
- Gapple price increase: There's no such thing as the void so up gapples to 8 gold a piece.
- Lower the price of obsidian: You needed 130 diamonds to get just a single layer of obsidian on your wither skeleton. This should be 52 diamonds for 4 diamonds a piece.
- Add an 8 team map
- Make it less friendly for rushing
- Lower food prices

2. Combine Classic Eggwars / Money Walls into a Single Lobby
Classic eggwars will be a carbon copy of what the game currently is. The community will vote on a single thread for any final changes to classic eggwars, and any changes that get 75% support will be implemented into the game's final update. After this is done, the game will receive no new updates other than bug fixes and new maps.

Money walls will be on the other side of the lobby. The lobby will be the two games retro lobbies, with the left side being the Safari and the right being the aquatic lobby of money walls. Money walls will get an occasional update.

Both games will be available in 1.8 and 1.14 servers.

3. The Fun Part - REVAMP EGGWARS
The new eggwars will keep it's original spot in the compass menu. But now we can finally make it fun again. Here's some potential revamp ideas:
- Aquatic Maps
- Elytra + Firework Maps
- Ground Maps
- Necromancy
- Ranked Mode
- Lab Modes

The lobby will be split up four ways: Normal (The original maps with major changes to gameplay), Insane (the first four I named), an armor stand for ranked, and an armor stand for lab modes where you can select the modes you want to play. Let me know what you think

@CommunistCactus @DankeyDeeds @Genderless Child @Rigel_The_Star

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Aquatic Mode:

This won't be added until 1.14. The mode will start with 4 initial maps:

Atlantis - 8 teams of 3 players, 24 total
Aquarium - 4 teams of 5 players, 20 total
Maldives - 6 teams of 2, 12 total
Lake - Solo, 12 players

For all maps, boots will have depth strider 3 so that you're not slowed down by the water. You'll also have permanent water breathing. All eggs will be located outside of water

For aquatic mode, each base will have it's normal iron generator. However, other resources will be gained in more interesting ways. 1.14 adds a mechanic where you can catch swimming fish in a bucket and take them back. This should be incorporated as the method to obtain gold, diamonds, and emeralds. Let's wait to see what fish are added to 1.14, it's already been confirmed that more will be added. How the mechanic will work is you'll have something like an ATM machine where you can put the fish into and the machine will spit out a certain number of ingots. Tridents should be available for emeralds. Perhaps make the emerald fish pufferfish and make them swim very fast so that they're hard to catch.

Last edited:
Reactions: MimicPanda

techguy123

Novice Member
Sep 15, 2017
The one thing I don't like about this is that Classic Eggwars never gets updates. IMO classic Eggwars should go where the info board is now, and it should still get updates.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_
A

A pigeon

Elytra Maps? Underwater maps? 1.14? Lab mode? 1.14?!

-*-1 =

+1

techguy123

Novice Member
Sep 15, 2017
I dont think that's what he implied.
"After this is done, the game will receive no new updates other than bug fixes and new maps."
The ga,e won't recieve new features or anything, and new features aren't just those things that totally recreate a game.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
The one thing I don't like about this is that Classic Eggwars never gets updates. IMO classic Eggwars should go where the info board is now, and it should still get updates.
It won't get updates as the reason these eggwars overhauls haven't happened is the glaring opposition from people who refuse to take risks. Therefore, we'll keep the game in it's current state and re-add money walls to a new lobby, and then classic eggwars will be updated in normal eggwars back in the current lobby. Insane mode would replace the speed mode boards, with ranked and lab modes being in armor stands. Classic eggwars will probably still get updates, but only infrequently and by heavy demand.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Bring back Money Walls
I dislike both Eggwars and Money Walls and therefore never played much, so forgive this seemingly-stupid question: is there a major difference between Eggwars and Money Walls other than the removal of the island aspect? If so, what if the build team just made some very large maps with no void areas?

- Aquatic Maps
Elaborate?

- Elytra + Firework Maps
I foresee a lot of annoying running-and-chasing. Cool idea, but people are just gonna drag out the game forever unless fireworks cost emeralds or something.

- Ground Maps
Sweet.

- Necromancy
u wot m8? Explain pls.

- Ranked Mode
I've never been much for these types of modes, but I'm sure some people will enjoy it. Sure, why not?

- Lab Modes
No clue what this is.

A

A pigeon

I thin we should wait till 1.14 for aquatic maps. New water physics and all.

Awuatic maps are maps based in and around water . They wont be flooded or anything , they’ll just consist of floating water here and there , a lake area etc etc.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I dislike both Eggwars and Money Walls and therefore never played much, so forgive this seemingly-stupid question: is there a major difference between Eggwars and Money Walls other than the removal of the island aspect? If so, what if the build team just made some very large maps with no void areas?
The reason I always preferred money walls over eggwars was the fact that
A. No void (could easily be changed)
B. It doesn't punish you nearly as much as eggwars for playing aggressive after the walls fall
C. More challenging than eggwars overall
D. The 10 minute prep time
E. You can't really camp and mid camping isn't an issue since there's no void to cross
F. It's very hard to carry a team and you needed to work together (especially in the gold and diamond gen rooms)

However, I don't think money walls was truely an unpopular game. I think this is what happened:
1. No YouTuber support that eggwars had
2. Money walls never got an update
3. It was littered with glitches (pouring lava on the wither in arctic, ender chests giving obsidian to block the king, poor mob AI, etc)

I think if it received a small update along with those 3 glitches being fixed it would have a much better chance.

Reactions: 0ffense and Deeds

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Elaborate?
This could be a lot of interpretations.

One could be completely flooded and you have permanent water breathing (not recommended)

One could have four-six seperate areas of water with an underwater air base. This is my favorite idea as it can utilize tridents the best.

One could be eight normal sky islands with mid submerged. I also like this idea for the tridents.
@Genderless Child probably has more
I foresee a lot of annoying running-and-chasing. Cool idea, but people are just gonna drag out the game forever unless fireworks cost emeralds or something.
Easy way to fix this is to add firework stars to the crafted rocket. Add 1 for hardcore and normal modes and add 4 for OP. Rockets should be available for diamonds. Additionally, special maps would be good for this mode - for instance the island could be a massive catapult with the egg on the extreme back of the island - hard to access without elytra. All teams should have a default layer of egg protection to prevent insane rushing (maybe 2 layers of concrete or something). Add a 5 second cooldown so people can't run away during PvP.

EDIT: Also disable natural regeneration while people are flying in the air and disable gapple eating

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Well, this is the only way to save yourself Cube. DO IT

1. Bring back Money Walls
This is a pretty obvious one and even after 200+ threads requesting return it still hasn't. Just do it - make it as close to the original game as possible with the following changes:
- Gapple price increase: There's no such thing as the void so up gapples to 8 gold a piece.
- Lower the price of obsidian: You needed 130 diamonds to get just a single layer of obsidian on your wither skeleton. This should be 52 diamonds for 4 diamonds a piece.
- Add an 8 team map
- Make it less friendly for rushing
- Lower food prices

2. Combine Classic Eggwars / Money Walls into a Single Lobby
Classic eggwars will be a carbon copy of what the game currently is. The community will vote on a single thread for any final changes to classic eggwars, and any changes that get 75% support will be implemented into the game's final update. After this is done, the game will receive no new updates other than bug fixes and new maps.

Money walls will be on the other side of the lobby. The lobby will be the two games retro lobbies, with the left side being the Safari and the right being the aquatic lobby of money walls. Money walls will get an occasional update.

Both games will be available in 1.8 and 1.14 servers.

3. The Fun Part - REVAMP EGGWARS
The new eggwars will keep it's original spot in the compass menu. But now we can finally make it fun again. Here's some potential revamp ideas:
- Aquatic Maps
- Elytra + Firework Maps
- Ground Maps
- Necromancy
- Ranked Mode
- Lab Modes

The lobby will be split up four ways: Normal (The original maps with major changes to gameplay), Insane (the first four I named), an armor stand for ranked, and an armor stand for lab modes where you can select the modes you want to play. Let me know what you think

@CommunistCactus @DankeyDeeds @Genderless Child @Rigel_The_Star
100% agree
I loved money walls and right when I saw that in the top of your thread, I was like "Heck yes!"
It does seem rather relevat to combine both lobbies
And maps with Elytra would be cool. It would prevent campers a lot more than an ender pearl would. Maybe like 96 diamonds or 16 emeralds? Or nah?
Either way +1!

P.S Add Area51 Back

EggWars has like, the void and an egg. The generators are not guarded, and players can afk the generators. Money walls has zombies and skeletons who guard the highest generator, so like Iron generator are guarded by the lowest tier mob, Zombie, and it goes up. Money Walls was the first game to have the Emerald Generator (I think) and they have walls. Also whenever you kill a player it dropped the tokens if I remember correctly, and There was a "king" or a mob who had to die before you could actually die, so in some ways with the generators and the respawning its like eggwars, but very unique in many other ways.
I liked it because of how unique it was and how you couldn't afk the generators.
Also, plz add Area51 back :'(
I hope this helps

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom