Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Hi

For the past year I've mainly been very inactive, now that I'm kinda playing again I noticed a lot of things. And I personally believe the community including myself want answers.

Let's start with the Java playercount, it has decreased a lot. Why is that? Are there any plans to increase it again? Is there a chance the Java server is closing in the near future?

Secondly, how come so many staff members are leaving? Especially those under contract? I mean, in the past few months Cynamooo, Zombiepower, Marieke, Younisco, Palombo, Wouto, Calichin, Rushmead, Hulk_, and Nimaex all left their paid position while under contract, I guess it ran out and it wasn't renewed. Are those signs that CubeCraft aren't doing well at the moment? Do we as a community have to be worried about anything, or is this all according to plan? We haven't even talked about the volunteers such as, Anneum, Dutchyyy, Cathie, CraftCreatures, Pineapple etc.. etc.. These were mostly Java moderators as well, again are these signs that maybe Java isn't doing too well?

To be honest, a lot of these things also happened while I was gone, so please don't blame me. I still care about the network and I'd just like to know what the future holds and what's currently happening to the network. I feel like being open with your players is very important.

From my point of view, things aren't doing so well. Think about the translations team update which was basically the worst update of all time and then the long awaited SkyBlock update which isn't happening (Don't get me wrong, you shouldn't do the update if you don't have the time and resources for it) but you cannot just make a promise to the community, let them wait for so long and then just tell them it's not happening and expect them to just be okay with a "Sorry, we currently do not have the resources for it". That's very unprofessionial and I find that CubeCraft doesn't handle criticism well enough, same goes for the translations update. Basically the whole community was against it, and not a single staff members could find themselves in that?

So basically some questions I'd like to be answered by a staff member:
  1. Why has the Java playercount decreased and are there any plans to get more players?
  2. Do players have to be worried about the Java network getting removed in the near future?
  3. How come so many staff members are leaving? Does this mean CubeCraft isn't doing well and players should be worried?
  4. Are there any guidelines on how the Admin team deals with criticism from the community, especially if many people are against it? Does it matter if people share their feedback, because it clearly didn't when the translations team update came out?

(again pls don't hate me, I genuinely want to know what's going on cuz I love this place. I'm also just sharing my personal thoughts on some points 🥺)

Iridinox

Jun 11, 2022
Stardew Valley
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m not part of Team Cubecraft, but based on what other people who are on team Cubecraft have said, I think I can answer some of these questions:

1. Java Edition is sort of declining as a whole, now that bedrock edition is free to those who have Java and vice versa plenty of players are going to bedrock edition and since Java player count is decreasing it’s natural for Cubecraft Java player count to decrease.

2. Certainly not in the near future, possibly in a few years if Java continues to decline but I don’t think Cubecraft has plans to shut down their Java server at the moment

3. Many staff members are finding new things to do outside of Cubecraft, I am a bit surprised to see a lot of people leave but Cubecraft will recover and Bedrock player count is still very high, so the server isn’t facing issues with player loss too much

4. This one confused me, but I think it was more directed to staff members than casual players so I can’t really answer that myself

Again, take this with a grain of salt as I can’t be positive of exactly what the actual staff team has plans for, hopefully this answered some questions and another staff member can elaborate and correct what I’ve written!

99th_DutchVoid

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2016
Overijssel, The Netherlands
www.99th-dutchies.nl
Pronouns
He/Him
  1. Why has the Java playercount decreased and are there any plans to get more players?
  2. Do players have to be worried about the Java network getting removed in the near future?
  3. How come so many staff members are leaving? Does this mean CubeCraft isn't doing well and players should be worried?
  4. Are there any guidelines on how the Admin team deals with criticism from the community, especially if many people are against it? Does it matter if people share their feedback, because it clearly didn't when the translations team update came out?
Knowing CubeCrafts history to answering questions like this, I think you're not going to get the answers (into the detail) that you're looking for. But who knows...
I think that Minecraft in general is losing players quickly, that's not something CubeCraft specific.
For the fourth point: I think that CubeCraft will take feedback/criticism into account (at the feedback & suggestions subforum), as long as it is not just full-on hate and toxicity towards the staff team, which was i.m.o. the case with the response to the translations team being removed...
I think you should just enjoy playing and not worry about this too much ;P

Reactions: FoxFil_ and Axyy

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Knowing CubeCrafts history to answering questions like this, I think you're not going to get the answers (into the detail) that you're looking for. But who knows...
I think that Minecraft in general is losing players quickly, that's not something CubeCraft specific.
For the fourth point: I think that CubeCraft will take feedback/criticism into account (at the feedback & suggestions subforum), as long as it is not just full-on hate and toxicity towards the staff team, which was i.m.o. the case with the response to the translations team being removed...
I think you should just enjoy playing and not worry about this too much ;P
I do enjoy playing, yet I'm interested to know what the future holds. Being open to your community is important, and things aren't looking great from my pov.

Also, I disagree on your point about the translations team update. Even though, it made a lot of people angry, there were lots of well put together responses on the thread which lead to absolutely nothing. My point is, I'm not talking about the suggestions put in the feedback & suggestions subforum, I'm talking about the bigger updates such as the translations team update and about being truthful when you make a mistake as a network, such as letting people wait a year for an update and then simply saying we don't have the resources for it, just don't promise it then in the first place? Admit if you do something wrong.

99th_DutchVoid

Dedicated Member
Oct 18, 2016
Overijssel, The Netherlands
www.99th-dutchies.nl
Pronouns
He/Him
there were lots of well put together responses on the thread which lead to absolutely nothing.
Responses to an update don't mean that they have to change things. Listening to the response and deciding to keep things that way is also dealing with feedback.

and about being truthful when you make a mistake as a network, such as letting people wait a year for an update and then simply saying we don't have the resources for it, just don't promise it then in the first place? Admit if you do something wrong.
Isn't saying they don't have the resources for it admitting that they made a wrong estimation? I have to say that I was disappointed that the skyblock update was canceled, but sometimes they have to decide to focus their (decreasingly, as their team is leaving) available resources on other updates.

Reactions: Marieke2001

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Why has the Java playercount decreased and are there any plans to get more players?
Minecraft is becoming more and more impopulair again. Covid is over, players can go outside and are more away from home so games their player-counts are decreasing in general. Afaik the same had happened to Bedrock.

How come so many staff members are leaving? Does this mean CubeCraft isn't doing well and players should be worried?
Most of these staff members decided to leave on their own. We’ve always had staff members staying for about 2 years and move onto their next job after that time. We hired a lot of new people about 2 years ago, so it makes sense seen the trends we’ve seen with staff members mostly leaving after 2 years.

D

Deleted member 347571

1659477107940.png

Herbubulle

Jul 3, 2020
The JOJOLands
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not a staff member either but I'll answer from my point of view.
1- People are switching from Java to Bedrock and there is not a lot of "big updates" like recently on Bedrock. Like the weeks of summer, the vip update, duel gamemode etc. So players prefer to play on Bedrock or just stopped playing on Java...
2- I don't think it'll be removed (for now) but yeah one day if it's not working at all I hope they'll remove it. Ok, it was the original server etc but running all these servers cost a lot... for -500 players constantly? I don't think it's worth it.
3- Maybe they just don't have time anymore for CubeCraft and they have others projects 🤷‍♂️But I don't think it's because the server is *not doing well*
4- I don't really understand the removal of the TT, now the network is half translated and non-english (not everyone) players won't understand some things... But yeah. I think they already made the decisions, we don't really know the main reason and even with everyone against it they didn't care... Idk what to think honestly :(

Reactions: Wave Master7S

diego13500

Apr 2, 2018
Mexico
Why has the Java playercount decreased and are there any plans to get more players?
Cubecraft declined because Fortnite beat Minecraft in 2017, many people from Cubecraft went to that game.
When Minecraft began to have its second boom in 2019, there Cubecraft made one of the worst mistakes it could make, "The Big Change", many games were eliminated so many people did not return and preferred to go to monopoly.

diego13500

Apr 2, 2018
Mexico
1- People are switching from Java to Bedrock and there is not a lot of "big updates" like recently on Bedrock. Like the weeks of summer, the vip update, duel gamemode etc. So players prefer to play on Bedrock or just stopped playing on Java...
Bedrock has more players because people from PlayStation 4, Windows 10, XboxOne, Cell Phones, ect are united. I dare say that without the combination of platforms Cubecraft Bedrock would be a failure.

TheMrSpacee

Dedicated Member
Jan 9, 2021
Russia
Pronouns
He/Him
Secondly, how come so many staff members are leaving? Especially those under contract? I mean, in the past few months Cynamooo, Zombiepower, Marieke, Younisco, Palombo, Wouto, Calichin, Rushmead, Hulk_, and Nimaex all left their paid position while under contract, I guess it ran out and it wasn't renewed. Are those signs that CubeCraft aren't doing well at the moment? Do we as a community have to be worried about anything, or is this all according to plan? We haven't even talked about the volunteers such as, Anneum, Dutchyyy, Cathie, CraftCreatures, Pineapple etc.. etc.. These were mostly Java moderators as well, again are these signs that maybe Java isn't doing too well?
Ex.designer tells me that they are fired because CubeCraft does not have a job for them

Onmogelijk

Jan 7, 2020
When Minecraft began to have its second boom in 2019, there Cubecraft made one of the worst mistakes it could make, "The Big Change", many games were eliminated so many people did not return and preferred to go to monopoly.
The big change was before that boom in 2019. I rememberd that there were daily 1200 players online at peak. A lot of games were dead and lobbies were empty. So cube decided to remove games and lobbies to give the server a better face for new players. It worked and the server gets more players in 2019. It wasn't a worst mistake. I know its sad but it saved java from going down.

Onmogelijk

Jan 7, 2020
Let's start with the Java playercount, it has decreased a lot. Why is that? Are there any plans to increase it again? Is there a chance the Java server is closing in the near future?
I think that are alot of reasons why people left cube. Covid ends, people are getting older, people gets other interest and more. I left 2 years ago because most of my friends left and the server starts getting boring. Also the community was kinda annoying. (Not on forums btw people here are nice 😁)

Reactions: Axyy

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi

For the past year I've mainly been very inactive, now that I'm kinda playing again I noticed a lot of things. And I personally believe the community including myself want answers.

To be honest, a lot of these things also happened while I was gone, so please don't blame me. I still care about the network and I'd just like to know what the future holds and what's currently happening to the network. I feel like being open with your players is very important.

From my point of view, things aren't doing so well. Think about the translations team update which was basically the worst update of all time and then the long awaited SkyBlock update which isn't happening (Don't get me wrong, you shouldn't do the update if you don't have the time and resources for it) but you cannot just make a promise to the community, let them wait for so long and then just tell them it's not happening and expect them to just be okay with a "Sorry, we currently do not have the resources for it". That's very unprofessionial and I find that CubeCraft doesn't handle criticism well enough, same goes for the translations update. Basically the whole community was against it, and not a single staff members could find themselves in that?

(again pls don't hate me, I genuinely want to know what's going on cuz I love this place. I'm also just sharing my personal thoughts on some points 🥺)
You are right, the player has gone through a tough downfall during the last year, specially on the Java network. Minecraft is now less popular than a year ago, the pandemic is almos over and most countries have completely or almost completely removed all the restrictions due to the pandemic. I think is logic CubeCraft is losing players, howevers some decisions such as the removal of the translations team are impossible to understand and the server should be more transparent with its players. However, I hope there is a plan to try get more players on the Java network and avoid its closure in the future.

Reactions: Rocks1 and Axyy

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
1. Beside Covid I think that’s also because they removed a lot of popular games and they didn’t add anything new. The server is becoming boring, that’s why most players leave or move to other servers.
2. It won’t surprise if Cube will follow Hive by closing the Java server.
3. Most Java staff members leave because there is simply nothing to do and that isn’t really motivating. I also think that’s the reason why they closed java applications.

Reactions: Rocks1
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom