Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
How did you get those numbers? And it's not necessary, because
"As a good candidate you know when you're ready for the job, so if you don't get a response on your application, you know you should re-evaluate certain things."

(Btw don't bother applying because they probably won't accept you due to your recent ban)
k

Last edited:

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Okie, well I was sent this thread to reply to it or because they thought I would be interested in replying. There is not a whole lot I can add that @Younisco did not say, so if I repeat anything I am sorry.

I would love to message the applicants that were denied and tell them that they were denied. It just is not feasible for several reasons. One of the main is that it will spur into a discussion why, which is fine, until it is over 1,000 applicants where we have to repeatedly say "you do not meet the minimum requirements", rinse and repeat. Also the amount of time it would take to tell each person, which you say divide it into three staff, but it would fall on my shoulders. I would not want the staff that review the applications with me to be known, as the less people know about the process the more genuine and legitimate the applications will be.

It wouldn't take much time. If 3 staff members are handling the Helper applies, it takes +- 30 seconds to send someone a message, you can just copy it. If 10 members apply everyday, it takes 100 seconds per staff member per day. Like wow, that's not too much time okay.
Can't the Developers make a tool to send a message to the player on the forums, or something?
Here is another issue, and this is genuinely a problem that is consistent. Most of the applicants either do not have a forums/link an account, but the ones that do (that do not meet the requirements) do not log back in to the forums once they apply (like Youn said). We also get quite a lot of applications, and most of them do not meet the requirements, the ones that may may have other reasons for their denial.

^^ It would be nice if the staff team continues to send these messages to those who really stand out, but are not ready for the job yet. I remember that the team did that when tacos was staff manager, but I don't know if they still do that though.
I would love to do this, but I would also much rather have genuine candidates. The reason that I would rather keep the denial reasons minimal is because I want people to read the requirements, rules etc. and know based off that if they are or are not a good candidate. I do not want them to change their behaviour because they know we are watching. They would act better, then normal, to try and show us they are a good applicant. I do not want a mask, I want genuine people. :)
Now if it is something like forums activity, thats different, but again I do not want them to change just because we are watching.

Being staff is a lot of work, as any staff could attest. This means that placing a mask on to meet the requirements or get a rank, could result in the person being burnt out much faster as the amount of work actually hits them. They can not fake doing work on the team, as we are a team and we all bare the load of reports etc. I want to hire staff for the long term, not ones that are putting on a mask to look pretty, that either then resign or have to be fired.

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Okie, well I was sent this thread to reply to it or because they thought I would be interested in replying. There is not a whole lot I can add that @Younisco did not say, so if I repeat anything I am sorry.

I would love to message the applicants that were denied and tell them that they were denied. It just is not feasible for several reasons. One of the main is that it will spur into a discussion why, which is fine, until it is over 1,000 applicants where we have to repeatedly say "you do not meet the minimum requirements", rinse and repeat. Also the amount of time it would take to tell each person, which you say divide it into three staff, but it would fall on my shoulders. I would not want the staff that review the applications with me to be known, as the less people know about the process the more genuine and legitimate the applications will be.

Here is another issue, and this is genuinely a problem that is consistent. Most of the applicants either do not have a forums/link an account, but the ones that do (that do not meet the requirements) do not log back in to the forums once they apply (like Youn said). We also get quite a lot of applications, and most of them do not meet the requirements, the ones that may may have other reasons for their denial.

I would love to do this, but I would also much rather have genuine candidates. The reason that I would rather keep the denial reasons minimal is because I want people to read the requirements, rules etc. and know based off that if they are or are not a good candidate. I do not want them to change their behaviour because they know we are watching. They would act better, then normal, to try and show us they are a good applicant. I do not want a mask, I want genuine people. :)
Now if it is something like forums activity, thats different, but again I do not want them to change just because we are watching.

Being staff is a lot of work, as any staff could attest. This means that placing a mask on to meet the requirements or get a rank, could result in the person being burnt out much faster as the amount of work actually hits them. They can not fake doing work on the team, as we are a team and we all bare the load of reports etc. I want to hire staff for the long term, not ones that are putting on a mask to look pretty, that either then resign or have to be fired.
Okay, thank you for your answer. I understand.

Dohaa

Nov 27, 2016
I think that will be hard, and very time consuming. Anyway, good luck on your application.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Please don't bother me and the rest of all the players with these irrelevant answers you're repeating yourself.
Edit: Okay sorry this was a bit rude of me, sorry.
Irrelevant? They are very relevant to the topic. I repeated myself because you didn't seem to understand certain points of my message. Also, why are you so easily triggered?

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Irrelevant? They are very relevant to the topic. I repeated myself because you didn't seem to understand certain points of my message. Also, why are you so easily triggered?
I'm not triggered, but the thing is that this suggestion is usefull and easy to solve, but nobody understands it. Except of the first reaction.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I'm not triggered, but the thing is that this suggestion is usefull and easy to solve, but nobody understands it. Except of the first reaction.
You seemed to be pretty triggered because you accused me of things that weren't true at all. Also, I'm quite sure that everybody understand your suggestion, because you explained it well. People just don't agree with it because there's a whole team that handles the applications, and it's just not possible to make one person responsible for certain applications, because there should be several judges, so that a whole team can review everything, and so that everything will be fair for everyone. On top of that, it's a bit weird that you to think that only those who like your suggestion understand your suggestion. That's not how it works, my friend. Everybody here has an opinion and you should respect those who don't agree with you. Of course you can discuss to convince people to agree with your suggestion, but I think that accusing people of not understanding your suggestion if they don't like it for certain (good) reasons goes a little too far. It just takes too much time (a reason that has been explained a lot in previous posts), and even the staff manager has replied with a 'no', so why don't you just let this all go and think of new, better suggestions?

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

coralines

Novice Member
Dec 20, 2018
I agree to an extent with you, though I have to also agree when they say that such a small team would struggle with all those messages.

My suggestion, although it is going to be criticized, would be moving applications from a google doc into this forum website.
The reason behind it is that cubecraft is currently using xenforo, which allows applications to be answered with one click. I am pretty sure there are always reasons behind a denial that get logged on platforms such as trello - say for example for not meeting minimal requirements, or lack of details, not old enough etc. With xenforo you can open a menu with the denial (or for the lucky ones, acceptance) options and click on the desired one, which will automatically create a pre-made message under the application and use it as a reply, therefore that would notify the person who submitted the app with just one click.

The issue is that this option would mean creating a whole different recruitment method that requires shifting onto the forums, which also requires coding and time, and perms to be changed whenever a person joins the team or resigns. Nonetheless, it’s an efficient system that I’ve tested out in the past through xenforo, so I can say it definitely works fine and it allows to save a lot of time. However, that depends on whether the company as a whole wants to change a system that has been working this way for a while, and if they want to start giving pre-made denial messages.
(I personally find it more organized and efficient, but that’s just my opinion)

I was surprised to find out at first that CC has helper apps through google docs, which is something unusual for a big server, so maybe this could be a possible positive change, who knows?

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
I thought I understood it pretty well. Was there something that confused you or was lacking in my reply? Please le me know and I can clarify it as much as possible (:

I agree to an extent with you, though I have to also agree when they say that such a small team would struggle with all those messages.

My suggestion, although it is going to be criticized, would be moving applications from a google doc into this forum website.
The reason behind it is that cubecraft is currently using xenforo, which allows applications to be answered with one click. I am pretty sure there are always reasons behind a denial that get logged on platforms such as trello - say for example for not meeting minimal requirements, or lack of details, not old enough etc. With xenforo you can open a menu with the denial (or for the lucky ones, acceptance) options and click on the desired one, which will automatically create a pre-made message under the application and use it as a reply, therefore that would notify the person who submitted the app with just one click.

The issue is that this option would mean creating a whole different recruitment method that requires shifting onto the forums, which also requires coding and time, and perms to be changed whenever a person joins the team or resigns. Nonetheless, it’s an efficient system that I’ve tested out in the past through xenforo, so I can say it definitely works fine and it allows to save a lot of time. However, that depends on whether the company as a whole wants to change a system that has been working this way for a while, and if they want to start giving pre-made denial messages.
(I personally find it more organized and efficient, but that’s just my opinion)

I was surprised to find out at first that CC has helper apps through google docs, which is something unusual for a big server, so maybe this could be a possible positive change, who knows?
That sounds pretty cool. I can’t speak much on it because I don’t know what its like. The way we have it now is pretty organized, all be it a bit basic, since we can’t message users that we denied. That being said I am not a developer so I have no idea how this could be implimented, if it could be implimented etc. although I do find it interesting. (:

coralines

Novice Member
Dec 20, 2018
That sounds pretty cool. I can’t speak much on it because I don’t know what its like. The way we have it now is pretty organized, all be it a bit basic, since we can’t message users that we denied. That being said I am not a developer so I have no idea how this could be implimented, if it could be implimented etc. although I do find it interesting. :)
It’s definitely doable through xenforo. I tested it out for another server when I was staff there, so I know it’s totally a thing that could work. The only thing would be developing and coding a whole different system that relies on having a forum account, so that requires a web dev to complete the project overall. It’s doable though, I’m not a developer myself but knowing it is a thing on other servers, I know it could definitely be implemented here too!

user947836

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
I thought I understood it pretty well. Was there something that confused you or was lacking in my reply? Please le me know and I can clarify it as much as possible :)
Yes, okay. I think you understand it indeed. I think we both would like to see this (as you said before), but just find the right solution. Thank you for your answers. :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Behold my birthday meal

aa0fb30e-20ed-416e-b452-e4d70ce86ec2.jpeg
Thjis wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thanks for the follow! ❤️
Thjis wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Top Bottom